XBMC4Xbox 3.5 Beta 3 is out

Announcements about XBMC4XBOX
BuZz
Site Admin

XBMC4Xbox 3.5 Beta 3 is out

Post by BuZz »

From the front page:

http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/2014/05/xbm ... -3-is-out/

After a few more months of development, we are very pleased to announce the release of XBMC4Xbox Beta 3. We are getting very close to a final release of 3.5 now, and hopefully if there are no major issues, 3.5 could be out in a matter of a week or two.

Changes since the last beta release include:
  • Python 2.7.6 with some stability improvements.
  • Much improved Addons4Xbox installer, with better dependency handling, meaning many addons designed for XBMC can now be installed and work out of the box. It should also run somewhat faster due to less logging, and the better use of local caching.
  • FFmpeg Libraries updated to 1.2.5
  • Added support for .po files for language strings and updated translations using Transifex and XBMC‘s excellent toolset for handling them. Users can now join in and help translate the project into their favourite languages. More details below.
  • PAPlayer codec improvements
  • Many other bug fixes and improvements
Thanks to XBMC and their useful tools for handling translations, we are now using the online service http://www.transifex.com to manage translations for the project. This means anyone who wants to help improve translations can now go and sign up over at https://www.transifex.com/organization/xbmc4xbox and start translating the software to their favourite language via the easy to use web interface. The updated translation can then be merged back into the XBMC4Xbox code base by us.

Massive thanks to all those who have contributed, from reporting bugs over at the bugtracker, to those that help out with the forum and answering users’ questions.

Finally we would like to congratulate XBMC for their release of the latest version of XBMC – XBMC 13 Gotham – our favourite media player for Linux, Windows, Android, and IOS. You can read all about it over at their blog – http://xbmc.org/xbmc-13-0-gotham-rises/. Awesome work – and we have certainly merged a few of your improvements back into our code base. Thanks ;-)

If you enjoy using XBMC4Xbox and want to show your support for the ongoing development please consider making a donation to the project. Please also do join in the discussions over at our Forum.
sahib12

Re: XBMC4Xbox 3.5 Beta 3 is out

Post by sahib12 »

Thank you buzz for all your great work and for releasing this beta, you literally made my day mate;) just wanted to ask about the dependancies for .zip files, i saw it on one of the nightly changelogs: # - Handle addon dependencies for locally installed addons from .zip - was curious what that meant and how it worked
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

sahib12 wrote:Thank you buzz for all your great work and for releasing this beta, you literally made my day mate;) just wanted to ask about the dependancies for .zip files, i saw it on one of the nightly changelogs: # - Handle addon dependencies for locally installed addons from .zip - was curious what that meant and how it worked
Cheers!

so, if you install a zip file, and it requires a few addons from the xbmc repository, they will now get installed after. Before it just installed the zip and nothing else. The system will always install an addon from our repository first, and then fall back on the xbmc repository, so if we have a custom one, that gets installed.
sahib12

Post by sahib12 »

BuZz wrote:
sahib12 wrote:Thank you buzz for all your great work and for releasing this beta, you literally made my day mate;) just wanted to ask about the dependancies for .zip files, i saw it on one of the nightly changelogs: # - Handle addon dependencies for locally installed addons from .zip - was curious what that meant and how it worked
Cheers!

so, if you install a zip file, and it requires a few addons from the xbmc repository, they will now get installed after. Before it just installed the zip and nothing else. The system will always install an addon from our repository first, and then fall back on the xbmc repository, so if we have a custom one, that gets installed.
Ok that is pretty epic, now it wi be so much easier to install addons, maybe we wont get as many 'addons not working' threads now. Truly awesome work :D
fxmech

Post by fxmech »

Thank you for the house warming gift.
dan.h

Post by dan.h »

Cant wait to try this out, thanks for all the hard work!
evan_almighty

Post by evan_almighty »

Thanks for this buzz.
I always think your dedication goes by with too little thanks.
I just want to say from me and my family it is very much appreciated and do hope very much that you keep it up.
Can't wait to try this out, we thought 3.5 beta 1 was superb with the switch to a newer python version.
Thank you.
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

Cheers. Appreciate it :)
infinity8x3

Post by infinity8x3 »

Thank you for your dedication to this project. I have hd cable tv and I swear I use xbmc4xbox 85% of the time my tv is on. It's that good!
Got a pit bull?
http://mypitbullpro.com
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Many thanks , BuZz that is great :-) cheers
chunk1982

Post by chunk1982 »

I can not believe how much quicker and smoother it feels. Absolutely awesome work buzz

Many thanks and all the best

Paul
sahib12

Post by sahib12 »

Not sure if this will really be useful to you but when i was installing a.zip it had loads of modules to download i think it was 6 or more maybe and it ran out of memory about halfway through installing them all, when i rebooted i just installed it again and had to overwrite the original addon and it carried on installing modules from there. With other zips with like 2 or 3modules it works perfect, it was just that one time, i would put up the log but its not a debug one and it says nothing about the installing of modules. The addon was project free tv. But this new feature is pretty cool
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

I can only suggest to perhaps turn off unneeded services or use a lower memory skin if running into low memory issues. Unfortunately 64mb of ram is barely enough sometimes for some python stuff.