XBMC4XBOX Project Status

Announcements about XBMC4XBOX
BuZz
Site Admin

Re: XBMC4XBOX Project Status

Post by BuZz »

Thanks. Appreciated. I'll have a look through and compare against the stuff I have. this combined with a dump from xbmc wiki should be enough to rebuild. Will take some time though, and I have my brother's wedding this week, so I won't probably start for some days.

Thanks again.
jasally

Post by jasally »

I might be able to start on the structure and linking if you want me to, maybe update some content if its only small changes since im n00b with html.. But if you want Ive got some free time and dreamweaver..?

Anyways what exactly is the deal with the source from the XBMC wiki is it possible to upload it somewhere ..?. Im actually guessing its something that they want to keep sorta 'private' so im just wondering if theres really much others can do to help on this, some people might actually be able to code html really well etc is it possible to get others involved or not really? It looks like theres alot of pages on the wiki thats all, and Im sure there has to be other (smarter than myself) people on the forum that could potentially help..

I was thinking maybe we could get a few ppl working on it from different angles, i honestly havent done any website stuff for over a year (and even when I did I was not any good..LOL) so i might not be the best pesron but Im pretty sure I could at least get some things structured right updating link's to the right places or even just updating some of the outdated information etc .. Some others members might even be able to help with taking some needed screen shots, like from the different skins, etc..

Can I also ask are there many pics backed up with the XBMC dump from years ago? Like ones of the controller button configuration among other things that probably came from the old website.

I guess well probably need some new screens for stuff??

Maybe we need a "lets rebuild the wiki" section on the forum to get others involved?
PressY4Pie

Post by PressY4Pie »

ive got a lot of pictures and various things also.
professor_jonny

Post by professor_jonny »

PressY4Pie wrote:ive got a lot of pictures and various things also.
me too...

i can put up pictures of a trusty box and some downloaded docs of form postings i felt handy.
professor_jonny

Post by professor_jonny »

a bit old but here is an backup of the forums topics and some stuff but probally not that helpfull:

http://web.archive.org/web/201009261106 ... 4xbox.org/?
ravennce

Post by ravennce »

Hi there. I'm a designer from Germany also doing a lot of web stuff. If there is anything I can help with rebuilding the site, let me know. :)

Glad to see that XBMC4Xbox is still there. Just upgraded my Xbox to the latest stable and beneath found out that the primary site is down.

BTW: Another source of articles for the wiki could be the history of the wiki over at xbmc.org, such as:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Ar ... ldid=12108
Geeba

Post by Geeba »

Wish I could help here guys - my chosen IT trade is Networking and fibre optics :(
Geeba

Post by Geeba »

Has anyone got word to Lee? whufclee?
skatulskijean

Post by skatulskijean »

Lee have Holiday!

@exobuzz

The new forum is exellent and i think is better as the old site!
Please , can you change the link to the working Forum on
XBMC4XBOX Website Offline / Project Status

Thanks for all you work!

Regards Jan
xman

Post by xman »

BuZz, can you increase the allowable picture size to allow normal pictures, about 2mb I think it is. At present it is 512kb and I really don't feel like altering every picture I have and they are no where near as clear.
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

for forum attachments ? 2mb is pretty large. the phpbb default was less and I upped it to 512k, which I would have though is enough for forum image attachments? Not saying no, just wanted some more information to make sure it is needed.
xman

Post by xman »

I just checked, I wouldn't call my digital camera excessive at only 4megapixel but it's photos are between 1 and about 1.8mb in size.
xman

Post by xman »

Also noticed a 3 picture limit to any one post?.
xbs

Post by xbs »

Just wanna say THANK YOU so much BuZz :D
Skins: SLik JX720 MS_Redux Mosaic
Utils: HeXEn
github.com/xbs08/
Adult Swimmer

Post by Adult Swimmer »

Word on the street is saying Alien abduction ! High ranking officials are keeping quiet, and local authorities are searching pubs around closing time for more information!!!!!!!!! Until this issue is resolved its recommended to keep skinning and modding and an occasional game break for you own piece of mind...............lol thanks exobuzz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Always root for the team of the guy who supplied the keg!!!!!
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

I can increase the pics per post - but for full 4mpixel images, I would suggest you have them in some online file storage and link from here - I'm not sure there is a need for 2200xwhatever images direct on the forum. Perhaps scale down to 1024x1024 or so ? did the last forum allow 2megabyte images ? seems rather a lot to me.

I just took a 4megapixel image from my camera, and scaled to 1024x1024 with 85% quality jpeg and it came out as 190kb. and under 400k for 1600x1600 - which in my opinion should be enough. infact resaving as jpeg in 4megapixel should produce a much smaller file - just that the camera saves with basically the least jpeg compression.
xman

Post by xman »

Yer don't know Exo, there exactly the same photos off my HDD that I posted on the old forum . Is there a quick way to compress a heap of photos rather than one at a time manually?. Problem with outside hosting of pictures is Photo Bucket for example delete the photos after 90 days non activity on an account and the forum becomes full of dead photo links. A good example of this is Xbox scene.
pythonjosh

Post by pythonjosh »

I can help out with phpBB. I've been working on phpBB for like 5 years.

Has anybody called the 480 number on the redirect page?
bird42

Post by bird42 »

Thanks for bringing "The old Lady" back to life.
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

xman wrote:Yer don't know Exo, there exactly the same photos off my HDD that I posted on the old forum . Is there a quick way to compress a heap of photos rather than one at a time manually?. Problem with outside hosting of pictures is Photo Bucket for example delete the photos after 90 days non activity on an account and the forum becomes full of dead photo links. A good example of this is Xbox scene.
sure there are lots of tools to compress photos. i use a commandline tool - windows 7 might even do it natively. i dunno since I dont run windows. maybe someone else can point you to something.

for lots of photos, I would use something like flickr (or similar) and point people to the gallery. right tool for the job etc. Some forums dont allow any attachments and expect material to be hosted externally. i dont want the forum to become a big filestore either, although the attachment features are handy.