XBMC4XBox 3.3.1 Released

Announcements about XBMC4XBOX
BuZz
Site Admin

XBMC4XBox 3.3.1 Released

Post by BuZz »

It’s been a few weeks since the 3.3 release, and here is a small update to fix a few issues and the addition of a bonus skin theme. Read on to also find out what may be coming soon to XBMC4XBox.

Changes:

* There were problems accessing the video/music playlists when nothing was playing.
* Adding plugins to the home screen of Confluence Lite cause script failures when launching.
* There was a minor text positioning bug in the seek dialog with PM3.HD.
* We now ship with a lovely green XBox theme for Confluence Lite – Go to Settings -> Appearance -> Skin -> Theme to switch.

Thanks to Dan Dar3 for the plugin fix, and DavPow for the green Confluence Lite modification, and the main XBMC project.

The playlist bug was reported by multiple people after the 3.3 release was out. To avoid annoying glitches in future releases, please do get involved and try out the earlier Beta releases. You can then report problems, and help us get them fixed before we do the final release.

I am currently busy working on a major python upgrade (Python 2.7.5 is actually in trunk and already working!) and implementing proper Addons support from the XBMC code base. It is a huge amount of work, with many long days already spent on it. If you enjoy using XBMC4Xbox and want to show your support for the ongoing development please consider making a donation to the project. Please also do join in the discussions over at our Forum and say hello.

The XBMC4Xbox Wiki is currently very out of date, having been re-constructed over the last year from old xml dumps after the last server admin went AWOL. We would very much appreciate anyone that could lend a hand, updating the wiki with information regarding latest features, and correcting / fixing many of the issues. If you are interested you can register right away and start editing.

See the development page for links to the source code and the svn repository. For binary builds, read the information on the download page.

http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/2013/08/xbm ... -released/
darknior

Re: XBMC4XBox 3.3.1 Released

Post by darknior »

Thanks a lot ;)
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

A little preview for you of the aforementioned upcoming functionality. scuse video quality!

infinity8x3

Post by infinity8x3 »

So far it's running beautifully. Thank you buzz. Your hard work is appreciated :D
Got a pit bull?
http://mypitbullpro.com
cifa

Post by cifa »

Appreciate the work & effort. great stuff
I'll make another donation soon ;)

cheers
skatulskijean

Post by skatulskijean »

BuZz wrote:A little preview for you of the aforementioned upcoming functionality. scuse video quality!

nice to see your future work i think its most stupide work to look on commits on main xbmc an put this code to our sources and looks it can works and when not search for a solution!
Ok You install over the xbmc dharma repo what was comming with initial addon support ,json rcpc and many more changes !
That we can install the addons ,skins like maixbmc is nice but this make our source on the addon site not compatible to the xbmc-main brach on this time!

we have no service addons no json rpc ,on the skinning site the changes many eg the packaging from the media from .xpr to xbt and many more and i think on the old Box with the little CPU Power and Ram can not all working nice!
So i ask from what for a repo we install on the future addon ,skins and all the other stuff !
Have we on future a repo for skins and all what we must emulate over a own solution (xbmc4xbox repo) or will falling our repo with the future release complete!

Thanks for your nice work !

Regards Jan
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

from what I think I understood..

sure we will need our own skin repository. but then there isnt that many doing custom skins and it wont be too hard to modify existing ones.

we can make do without the json rpc for now too.

not sure what else you meant. If you think my time is wasted ("i think its most stupide work to look on commits on main xbmc an put this code to our sources and looks it can works and when not search for a solution!") then so be it. No-one is forcing you to use it.

Oh and please stop ending every sentence with an exclamation mark! it makes you come across as a bit mental/angry
xbs

Post by xbs »

BuZz wrote:Oh and please stop ending every sentence with an exclamation mark! it makes you come across as a bit mental/angry
LOL :lol:
Skins: SLik JX720 MS_Redux Mosaic
Utils: HeXEn
github.com/xbs08/
skatulskijean

Post by skatulskijean »

BuZz wrote:from what I think I understood..

sure we will need our own skin repository. but then there isnt that many doing custom skins and it wont be too hard to modify existing ones.

we can make do without the json rpc for now too.

not sure what else you meant. If you think my time is wasted ("i think its most stupide work to look on commits on main xbmc an put this code to our sources and looks it can works and when not search for a solution!") then so be it. No-one is forcing you to use it.

Oh and please stop ending every sentence with an exclamation mark! it makes you come across as a bit mental/angry

Thanks for the reply.
I do not think it is a waste of time but a stupid and tiresome work night after night. I hope you have enough coffee.
Ok so we have then a skin repo with own modify skins.
What is the different on the skins that he works on future builds to this skin what was working on xbmc DHARMA only .xpr -xpt access and that we can access recently added over the jobworker or more?
Yes Json RPC calls can we emulate over HTTP calls but not all ( what make we for this Addons a own XBMC4XBOX Repo?)

Thanks for your work again

Regards Jan
skatulskijean

Post by skatulskijean »

xbs wrote:
BuZz wrote:Oh and please stop ending every sentence with an exclamation mark! it makes you come across as a bit mental/angry
LOL :lol:
LOL :lo

oh ein BuzZ Freund der alles lustig findet.

Wenn Ihr wüsstet wie ihr hier manchmal wirkt gibt es nichts mehr zum lachen :D
whufclee

Post by whufclee »

Amazing work buzz, I can't believe how much you've done in such a short space of time. You really deserve that break away you have coming up soon.

I noticed you had videomonkey appear as an available addon - as far as I know that's not been available for years, which repo are you getting these from or is it not filtering out some of the depreciated ones?

Anyway great work mate, can't wait to try out the next nightly. So far I can't fault the currently nightlies - they seem to do everything 3.3 done but with the added bonus of more mainbranch addon support :D As soon as I find a proper bug I'll let you know but so far so good and I've been using the xbox to stream content on a daily basis for the past week.
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

whufclee wrote:Amazing work buzz, I can't believe how much you've done in such a short space of time. You really deserve that break away you have coming up soon.

I noticed you had videomonkey appear as an available addon - as far as I know that's not been available for years, which repo are you getting these from or is it not filtering out some of the depreciated ones?

Anyway great work mate, can't wait to try out the next nightly. So far I can't fault the currently nightlies - they seem to do everything 3.3 done but with the added bonus of more mainbranch addon support :D As soon as I find a proper bug I'll let you know but so far so good and I've been using the xbox to stream content on a daily basis for the past week.
im using the old pre-dharma repo for testing. none of this is in the nightly though, it's on an addons branch. that said, as soon as I have a few more things in, Ill show a demo installing stuff from the frodo repository :)
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

skatulskijean wrote: Thanks for the reply.
I do not think it is a waste of time but a stupid and tiresome work night after night. I hope you have enough coffee.
Ok so we have then a skin repo with own modify skins.
What is the different on the skins that he works on future builds to this skin what was working on xbmc DHARMA only .xpr -xpt access and that we can access recently added over the jobworker or more?
Yes Json RPC calls can we emulate over HTTP calls but not all ( what make we for this Addons a own XBMC4XBOX Repo?)
we would still need some skin customisations I guess. we dont have XPT support right now. those skins wont show up in the browser anyway once I have made some xbox changes. I will port over the skins we have to addons, hopefully with the help of xbs. the point is, it isn't a waste of time. we finally get real dependency resolving on plugins and up to date scrapers. we also get to manage our external skins so people can add them without shipping new builds. it's great in many ways.

and we might get some other stuff too. Thanks for the motivation though ;-)

for most end users, the idea of up to date scrapers, and plugins and auto updating I would hope will be appreciated.
Dan Dar3

Post by Dan Dar3 »

BuZz wrote:for most end users, the idea of up to date scrapers, and plugins and auto updating I would hope will be appreciated.
+10 to that. And you're a hero for going through mainline commits in last 3 years to port that functionality over!
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

worth mentioning that the 3.3.1 build didnt include PM3 and Confluence due to some missing lines in the new "build script". Not a major thing, as they can be copied from the previous build, but actually in the future they may not be included anyway. Confluence is far too memory heavy, and PM3 is well out of date, and I do not have the time to maintain it.
skatulskijean

Post by skatulskijean »

BuZz wrote:worth mentioning that the 3.3.1 build didnt include PM3 and Confluence due to some missing lines in the new "build script". Not a major thing, as they can be copied from the previous build, but actually in the future they may not be included anyway. Confluence is far too memory heavy, and PM3 is well out of date, and I do not have the time to maintain it.
I think that's is ok !
Have a little bit play with your addon Branch and thanks for your nice work.
The old Dharma Skin working we must have only the Mediasources that we can male a xpr from it and a little bit change all the thumbs and Arts that its works on the XBOX with the little RAM
and change the recently added on the skin.xml thats works over function on the jobworker.

What do you next?

Integration from native xbmcvfs?

Thanks Again

Regards Jan
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

skatulskijean wrote: The old Dharma Skin working we must have only the Mediasources that we can male a xpr from it and a little bit change all the thumbs and Arts that its works on the XBOX with the little RAM
and change the recently added on the skin.xml thats works over function on the jobworker.

What do you next?

Integration from native xbmcvfs?
the dharma skin is just for testing as of now. later i will look at reworking pm3hd/confluence lite. native xbmc vfs will be included. right now im looking into gui/thread issues with xbmc & python, as I have a few problems, Im using git svn, so a lot of stuff is uncomitted on local feature branches.
Nolan

Post by Nolan »

Im using it right now :D, love it!
Xbox Original YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/MS4XBox

Daily Xbox Original Videos!
deakphreak

Post by deakphreak »

It looks like pressing the black button now works pulling up the now playing list, but for some reason I am unable to browse SMB shares when setting up new sources. V 3.3.0 seemed to work fine, but with this one, every time I choose Add new source, browse, windows network (SMB) then it gives "Error - 1073741772: share not available". I can FTP in just fine and if I edit the sources manually, they show up and work.
elgato

Post by elgato »

Hi everyone...
Thanks for possibility to be here and use xbmc that's Your work :)

I decided to change my current xbmc version r269421 for something new...
So I took:

All these revisions [dont know why ] have some issue.
When i stop playing video - xbmc never starts playback from moment where i finished watching.

So i installed - 3.3.1 r32569 with confluence lite
Here the situation is the same.
Another bugs that i checked:

After chooing any other language than english [normally i'm using polish, but i checked also dutch and few other]
- switching resolution from AUTO to 720P causes black screen . Always. After restarting XBMC everything is ok.
- choosing green theme is working fine. But turning back the default blue causes that wallpapr and puzzle graphic in system menu are missing.

When selecting language to english- everything is back to normal :/

If that'll help- i'll looking forward for more.
At this moment my old r269421 [i think it's nightly- don't remember] is the most stable.
- Continuing playback is working perfectly
- swithing skin theme works fine [ green added manualy, so i have to also manually change wallpaper and system graphic]

If someone would like- i added possibility to pick one of 20 fonts [confluence lite]. Works perfectly.

best regards
elgato