XBMC4Xbox 3.3 Released

Announcements about XBMC4XBOX
BuZz
Site Admin

XBMC4Xbox 3.3 Released

Post by BuZz »

The XBMC4Xbox team is proud to announce the release of XBMC4Xbox 3.3.

Improvements include

* DVDPlayer improvements – including:
* Updated libraries for DVDPlayer (FFMPEG/libdvd et al).
* Recognises additional video extensions as used by some XBox games.
* HLS (HTTP Live Streaming) support.
* Other playback improvements from XBMC.

* New default Confluence Lite skin.
* Updated VFS and Cache
* Improved 128MB Ram support.
* Built-in support for recently added videos/music for skins (without the need for Python).
* Updated MythTV support.
* Better out of the box support for universal / Microsoft Media Extender remotes.
* Password Manager for Samba shares allowing different usernames/password per share.
* Skinning improvements.
* Scraper updates.
* Various other code / library updates and improvements.

Big thanks to all those who have helped with this, including JezzX for Confluence Lite and XBS for his work porting it over to XBMC4Xbox. Thanks also to the developers at the XBMC project, as the majority of features were backported from their code base. Thanks to Dom, Jan, Kozz, Temhil, XPhazer and XMan as well as others over at the XBMC4XBox Forum for their help with scripting, code testing, moral support and help running things.

Please do join in the discussions over at our Forum, and if you enjoy using XBMC4Xbox please feel free to make a donation to the project.

For those wanting to build from source, the 3.3 version can be checked out with svn from https://svn.exotica.org.uk:8443/xbmc4xbox/tags/3.3

http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/2013/07/xbm ... -released/
BuZz
Site Admin

Re: XBMC4Xbox 3.3 Released

Post by BuZz »

Please upvote the story on slashdot - http://slashdot.org/submission/2817645/ ... 3-released

Click the "+" next to the title. We might have a chance (albeit small) of making the front page then. they did report on our last major release, so we just need it to get visible and have a few xbox fans to notice it etc.
deakphreak

Post by deakphreak »

I grabbed this latest version to see how it was. I use a somewhat older version that works great and use it on all my xboxes in each room to stream shows. This latest version was awesome, but had some crashes and noticed at the top said available memory: 0 or something each time it crashed. Also one thing that was annoying is the white button (or black) does not pull up the queue list anymore. I love pushing Y to queue up some videos and then pushing the button to view my list and start playing them. Maybe I am missing something, but now that button does not seem to do anything.

I have always loved using XBMC on the Xbox and glad people are still supporting it. It seems that you have website knowledge and should have no problem with hosting for XBMC, but me and my buddy are creating a site for uploading and hosting homebrew apps for various platforms if you are interested in posting it there as well. We would love beta testers to get some feedback about the site.
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

deakphreak wrote:I grabbed this latest version to see how it was. I use a somewhat older version that works great and use it on all my xboxes in each room to stream shows. This latest version was awesome, but had some crashes and noticed at the top said available memory: 0 or something each time it crashed. Also one thing that was annoying is the white button (or black) does not pull up the queue list anymore. I love pushing Y to queue up some videos and then pushing the button to view my list and start playing them. Maybe I am missing something, but now that button does not seem to do anything.
Already fixed, but not part of a release yet - http://redmine.exotica.org.uk/issues/242 - will be released as part of 3.3.1 in the next week or two. We went through 2 beta releasing with no-one mentioning this issue. It helps when people run the beta code, so bugs like this can get ironed out for the final.
deakphreak

Post by deakphreak »

ha ha understood, glad to hear that. I guess if its something that someone does not use, I can see how it could be overlooked. I do not have an upgraded RAM xbox and was wondering if this should still work fine or does it try to use more RAM then it has available which was maybe due to my crashing? I did not see anything in the settings to set the RAM you have on the xbox unless that is done automatically.

I still have a lot to test, but will do some checking and let you know of any issues I see.

Edit - I also coded myself a little web script to remotely view which xbox's are online and the ability to send commands via the HTTP API. I have not tested this and assume nothing has changed with it.
iceman-uk

Post by iceman-uk »

BuZz wrote:Please upvote the story on slashdot - http://slashdot.org/submission/2817645/ ... 3-released

Click the "+" next to the title. We might have a chance (albeit small) of making the front page then. they did report on our last major release, so we just need it to get visible and have a few xbox fans to notice it etc.
"But all the cool kids are on Reddit!"

Just made a post there:
http://www.reddit.com/r/xbmc/comments/1 ... _released/

Everyone with reddit accounts, set your phasers on "upvote".
satterdam

Post by satterdam »

where can i download this version? i can't find a url.
Dom DXecutioner

Post by Dom DXecutioner »

Then you're not really looking...
Dan Dar3

Post by Dan Dar3 »

satterdam

Post by satterdam »

i am looking but i can't see a url
deakphreak

Post by deakphreak »

If the devs wanted to post the downloads on my new site I am working on, that would be a great place to also download from. http://spiffydirectory.com/index.php - still in development right now, but open to beta testers.
GoTeamScotch

Post by GoTeamScotch »

Awesome. Thanks Buzz and everyone who contributed to this update. It's great to see development continuing. The new skin looks pretty sleek. Not for my tastes though
Remember kids, always zero-ize your HDD key!