Working Veetle Plugin

Requests, suggestions, support, and everything else python / plugin related.
byron

Working Veetle Plugin

Post by byron »

Download Veetle

I've been meaning to get around to this for a while now, but I wasn't sure if anyone else used this or not. The download includes Veetle 0.1.7 (the one from XAI with categories on the home page, not just all of the content bombarding you in your face)

With the changes that BuZz has made to our program over the last couple of months, this plugin is working with no special steps involved (except for adding script.module.simplejson if it isn't installed which I've included in the zip). Anyway, it still works just fine...actually this is one of the only things that I'm currently using on xbmc4xbox...it's pretty sweet ---

++ EDIT ++

Also, if you don't like this version (with categories), you can install the original (tommo's repo, version 0.1.6) from the a4x installer
Last edited by byron on Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
skatulskijean

Re: Working Veetle Plugin

Post by skatulskijean »

yes , byron veetle is nice!
on main xbmc she change the on stream syntax to flv with the modified akamaisecurity.py
what acces on a buffer the streaming header and change it to flv again!
this solution works not on older python as example 2.4 or i have not found a way but on the main with the changes on the DVDplayer
'(codecs) its works on xbmc4xocx nice and i think when i have the code from main xbmc working it is not better then it cost time and ram!

Conglution Veetle is nice!

Regards Jan!
byron

Post by byron »

OP HAS BEEN UPDATED :)
Redneck9

Post by Redneck9 »

Is the cache supposed to be in the 900mb to 1.5gig range?

Mine always buffers out.
byron

Post by byron »

Dunno...when I use it a "cache full" warning often appears but it still works after that. I thought there was a way to change the cache settings in system settings if you wanted to try playing around with them...
Redneck9

Post by Redneck9 »

@Byron

It crashes for me after 6 or 7 minutes usually.
The cache settings are in kbs not mbs.
byron

Post by byron »

I'm not exactly sure what to tell you...I've used this plugin successfully for the last year and it's worked well (streaming episode after episode for hours). Having said that, I don't know the first thing about how our cache works (perhaps someone like DanDar3 or Xphazer could chime in on that). Only thing I can think of is a ram issue.

What skin are you using (and what res for video playback)? I use 480p (display, playback) while working on rapier, but I have 720p enabled and if "video playback" in system settings is set to "auto" that will make problems with the video osd (and other dialogs) showing up in 720 while video is playing. Other than those two things, I really am at a loss for suggestions...

Some shows will carry on to the next episode automatically, and some kick you back to the show's list...I've had the best luck just stopping the show when it "freezes" at the end of the episode and backing into the list and reclicking it to start the next episode. That's the only time I've had it crash on me, when an episode is over and tries to start the next one.
Redneck9

Post by Redneck9 »

What skin are you using (and what res for video playback)? I use 480p (display, playback) while working on rapier, but I have 720p enabled and if "video playback" in system settings is set to "auto" that will make problems with the video osd (and other dialogs) showing up in 720 while video is playing. Other than those two things, I really am at a loss for suggestions...
conflugence lite 720p display and video. HQPIXSv2, flicker off, DVDplayer no full codec, non-referecne frames, Bandwidth @ 8192 kbps. I'll try with your skin and 480p to see if that fixes anything. I seemed to be getting more dropped videos with your skin so I stopped using it(that was prior to 3.3 betas) I love your skin but the video drops kinda defeated the purpose of using my xbox.

It might be my bandwidth too. It would nice to have a bandwith tester app for xbox if there's one one around. I'm connected using xbox eathernet bridged through a laptop's wifi.
byron

Post by byron »

Redneck9 wrote:It might be my bandwidth too. It would nice to have a bandwith tester app for xbox if there's one one around. I'm connected using xbox eathernet bridged through a laptop's wifi.
Hmmm, that might have something to do with it...dunno cuz I've got mine hard wired to a router that's hooked up straight to the modem (bridging a router is a nice idea though, I've got a roku player in my bedroom hooked up to one and it's still really fast). As far as the dropped videos with rapier, that's new to me (just watched the newest game of thrones last night from start to finish and no droppy). Yea give it a go if you wouldn't mind and let me know if veetle works better or post a debug log showing a dropped video so I can take a look at what's going on...I'm curious and am always looking to make my mod better. Almost finished with language now and several other things, but that sounds kinda serious with the videos stopping and all :shock:
HQPIXSv2, flicker off, DVDplayer no full codec, non-referecne frames, Bandwidth @ 8192 kbps.
Also you might try turning on "full" codec support and see it that helps in confluence lite...when veetle changed last year, this was necessary for the plugin to work at all. Maybe that will resolve the issue (but you can still try my skin again ;) )
Redneck9

Post by Redneck9 »

It works using your skin.

BTW I do see how loading skins from USB flash drives would help.
byron

Post by byron »

Cool, but that doesn't explain why it doesn't work on confluence lite though (I'm guessing most everyone is using that skin). I don't use it unless I'm trying to match options or correctly update features that both skins have, etc..I'll have to check into that. As for rapier, I'm about ready to update and I've taken care of a lot of bugs, maybe it'll work better for you than before at that point.
BTW I do see how loading skins from USB flash drives would help.
Are you referring to VM? If that's what you mean, perhaps it might ease the ram issue a touch...but not likely to ever be implemented.
Redneck9

Post by Redneck9 »

byron wrote:Cool, but that doesn't explain why it doesn't work on confluence lite though (I'm guessing most everyone is using that skin). I don't use it unless I'm trying to match options or correctly update features that both skins have, etc..I'll have to check into that. As for rapier, I'm about ready to update and I've taken care of a lot of bugs, maybe it'll work better for you than before at that point.
I still have some feed drops with 25fps pal streams.(with and w/o framerate conversion)
byron

Post by byron »

My box has been on for 3 hours now. I just switched from "clarity" to "confluence lite" (while music was streaming from shoutcast), switched to video/plugins/veetle...selected a video and it started [process which would have killed many sessions btw...]...still running....episode ended and another is starting....now running next episode (all without crashing)

http://pastebin.com/RYiyDU4p

still running with no streaming issues....

ERRORS seem to be audio issues for the most part once I started veetle

++EDIT++

switched back to my skin (same session, while video was playing in confluence lite, also switched resolution to 720p), and started another episode of a different show in my mod....

http://pastebin.com/tsPb4s1H

still running...and still showing 18mb free memory after 5 hours and a ton of strenuous procedures that defy xbox logic :mrgreen: