Status of other add-ons?

Requests, suggestions, support, and everything else python / plugin related.
byron

Status of other add-ons?

Post by byron »

So I was wondering what the status is of add-ons other than music and video (obviously these are the most used)...but still other categories to fill in. Programs, scripts, weather etc. I am specifically interested in weather atm. On my phone I have access to alerts, current conditions, more weather (which leads to hourly, detailed current conditions, radar and so on). With a weather submenu, why couldn't it link to these things? It'd be frickin sweet to be able to pull up a weather radar on the T.V. from xbmc4xbox! I've looked into what the current state of xbmc weather has to offer and it really boils down to none other than add-ons (which can certainly be exploited from the skin). What is the status of the other items in the a4x installer? It does a fantastic job @ this point btw (much thanks to the dev's for making the xbox awesome yet again for the nth time), but as far as skinning goes it's nice to know how to link things to more options. Just thinking out loud, not trying to ruffle feathers here...
evan_almighty

Re: Status of other add-ons?

Post by evan_almighty »

I haven't tried 3.2.1 yet or the new Addon4xbox Installer.
Are the usual things available on there also, like BBC iPlayer, ITV Player, 5OD, 4OD, the music video one (can't remember the name), and TV Catchup etc?
whufclee

Post by whufclee »

Yes and no, none of them are on the xbmc4xbox repo but they do install fine from their official repo's. So for example iplayer is hosted on hitchers repo so just install that via A4X and you're all good to go.
skatulskijean

Post by skatulskijean »

When i have time i add this what is nice for me to the programms section on the xbmc4xbox repo !
scripts was not added while the installation with the Addon4xbox Installer (on the fist time not works)
have not look its working with the last Version of the addon 4 xbox installer!

I think i make a tutorial to addapting addon for xbmc4xbox!
most Solution have i found for addapting tihs addons from main xbmc!
But on the main time i have a look to update the Python Libs and Module from the old python version what we have to newer module and libs from python 2.5,2.6,2.7!
This make that addapting more easy for me and i hope for others to!
Better where to integrate a python 2.5 then this can fix many what cost more time when i adapting addons from mainline as example conditional expression (inline if)

on the next week i think so i have the time to addapting and updating this what is not up to date on the xbmc4xbox repo!

I have many visions for the xbmc4xbox version to make it nice but not the time for this!

regards jan
byron

Post by byron »

@ skatulski...I've tried to do some "self-education" on python recently...it seems that py 2.4 is just a little bump from being on the lower spectrum of current. From what I can see, an upgrade to even 2.5 would make your life a lot easier ;) Thanks for all that you've done to make the addons work for all of us!

I actually was wondering about something having to do with the weather and maybe you could offer an opinion. I took a look at weather+ and found the accuweather.py somewhere in the resources folder and I was wondering:

--> would it be possible to take that resource py and turn it into an actual addon for accuweather?
--> if so, would it be better to go the plugin route or the add-on route?

I can make the gui for the plugin/addon conditionally visible in a skin, but I was also wondering if it might just be better to make a stand-alone script with all of the images already packaged (provided that I can successfully make a new addon)
skatulskijean

Post by skatulskijean »

i have a look on the wather addons from main xbmc for you !

Regards Jan

on the sources i think so we have a xbmc4xbox build with weather plugin i have look!
byron

Post by byron »

I can save you some research...HERE is where I started. I know it's old...but so is our hardware :lol: weather.weatherplus is what I found to be most useful from this. Download it if you want and take a look at...resources/lib/accuweather.py - That's what I was thinking might make a good weather add-on (I could be way off base there). I looked for an api, but it has to be requested...I'm also going to post a link for the fanart pack on my skin page as it's already an upgrade without even having a weather plugin. Also, just out of curiosity where does the "standard" weather even come from???

Weather Underground is now the default xbmc weather source as I'm sure you already know...