YouTube 3.3.0 does not work

Requests, suggestions, support, and everything else python / plugin related.
gils

YouTube 3.3.0 does not work

Post by gils »

video not showing :(
Kozz

Re: YouTube 3.3.0 does not work

Post by Kozz »

Its hard for anyone to help without more information and a debug log, have a look here http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/forum/viewt ... p?f=6&t=65
gils

Post by gils »

skatulskijean

Post by skatulskijean »

yes is not working (access the url ) on man xbmc to!
It give a fixed Youtubeplayer.py what this problem fixed but i update the Youtube plugin to the last main xbmc version on the xbmc4xbox repo tomorrow and add the fixed youtubeplayer.py to it

REgards Jan
skatulskijean

Post by skatulskijean »

working (fixed Version on the repo)

Regards Jan
dragonmood

Post by dragonmood »

Hi,
Thanks for ths fix but I've searched at the repo and didn't find it, maybe it is another repo?
http://redmine.exotica.org.uk/projects/ ... eplayer.py
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

dragonmood wrote:Hi,
Thanks for ths fix but I've searched at the repo and didn't find it, maybe it is another repo?
http://code.google.com/p/addons4xbox/
denimjeans

Post by denimjeans »

@ skatulskijean
Thanks for the fix. I downloaded the new version of the youtube plugin from addons4xbox installer and can confirm its working on my machines. :)
1. xbox v1.6/softmod/WD 160HDD/XBMC4XBOX-3.3.3-STABLE/Confluence Light/M$ HD AV Pack
2. xbox v1.6/softmod/WD 80HDD/XBMC4XBOX-3.3.3-STABLE/Confluence Light/80mm Fan Mod
dragonmood

Post by dragonmood »

BuZz wrote:
dragonmood wrote:Hi,
http://code.google.com/p/addons4xbox/
Thanks it works perfectly !
Here is the link for the people not used with the repo : http://addons4xbox.googlecode.com/svn-h ... ePlayer.py
mambo30

Post by mambo30 »

Hello Guys! First time posting here, I've closely followed you guys "in the silence" in other words, I read a lot of you guys work and other people posts. and thats how i've been able to softmod my xbox, and have this awesome media center now, but anyways...before i installed Jan's English build (before 3.3) my YouTube was working good, I have followed Kozz advice, so i went to A4Xbox and got youtube 3.3 installed good, i deleted the cache files, like someone said to do, i went and also adjusted the video quality to SD only on the plugging settings, and i keep getting the " script failed" message at the bottom right....WHAT AM I DOING WRONG??? i can post a log if needed, i've been able to resolve other issues by reading on here but this particular one ive had some issues to get it going again,

Preciatte all the help! THANKS
mambo30

Post by mambo30 »

http://pastebin.com/JiyN75iT
thats my log guys , also when watching 1chanel am able to watch for about 20-30mins and it will drop, so i have to go back to the mirror, and fast-forward to the point it droped, does anyone knows anything about that?
skatulskijean

Post by skatulskijean »

mambo30 wrote:Hello Guys! First time posting here, I've closely followed you guys "in the silence" in other words, I read a lot of you guys work and other people posts. and thats how i've been able to softmod my xbox, and have this awesome media center now, but anyways...before i installed Jan's English build (before 3.3) my YouTube was working good, I have followed Kozz advice, so i went to A4Xbox and got youtube 3.3 installed good, i deleted the cache files, like someone said to do, i went and also adjusted the video quality to SD only on the plugging settings, and i keep getting the " script failed" message at the bottom right....WHAT AM I DOING WRONG??? i can post a log if needed, i've been able to resolve other issues by reading on here but this particular one ive had some issues to get it going again,

Preciatte all the help! THANKS
On my Jan's Xbmc4xbox Youtube 3.3.0 is not working then Youtue have change the way to access the different streaming formats !
I have this changes with A Fix on the xbmc4xbox Repo what you access over the addons4xbox Installer!
The way for my build is install the addon4xbox Installer and Install the adapted addons from here !
skatulskijean

Post by skatulskijean »

mambo30 wrote:http://pastebin.com/JiyN75iT
thats my log guys , also when watching 1chanel am able to watch for about 20-30mins and it will drop, so i have to go back to the mirror, and fast-forward to the point it droped, does anyone knows anything about that?
First you running not my build you run the stable 3.2!
Install the new stable 3.2.1 with integrated addon 4 xbox installer!
and Install the addons over the addons4xbox Installer (xbmc4xbox repo)

the scriptmodule on your build since devenitiv not adatapted from me than i can understand why i.o not works !

Regards Jan
mambo30

Post by mambo30 »

OKAY I messed up my xbox completely now :cry: , I think i deleted some files or a file, because now it doesnt boot up to xbmc or ms dashboard, it gives me a "21" error and tells me to contact xbox support upon rebooting. when i put in Splinter cell disc(thats what i used to softmod) it does read/plays it and it pulls up the gamesave exploit, i click on it and takes me to "krazie tools" at that point i do gain ftp access to the xbox , but i am afraid to do anything else because i dont wanna mess it up even further, when i am in the krazie tools menu, it gives me the following options:

Switch softmod on/off,
remove softmod,
specify fonts,
copy eeprom to MU,
settings,
reboot,
shutdown

It does not give me options to go to xbmc or evolution dashboard, or unleashx??? what do i do now? help somebody!!!!!
another thing i noticed when i ftp to it, i dont see the Q\ folder anymore??
whufclee

Post by whufclee »

You will only see the Q drive when xbmc is running - this is a mirror of the root directory of the currently running xbmc.
If xbmc isn't running then you won't see Q, to be honest you shouldn't need to do anything with the Q drive unless you're manually copying over plugins/scripts (although there really is no need to be doing that anymore).

Can you take us through the steps you took? Once we know where you went wrong it should be an easy fix, very worse case scenario you'll have to re-do the softmod which isn't a bad thing as you can use HeXEn.
mambo30

Post by mambo30 »

whufclee wrote:You will only see the Q drive when xbmc is running - this is a mirror of the root directory of the currently running xbmc.
If xbmc isn't running then you won't see Q, to be honest you shouldn't need to do anything with the Q drive unless you're manually copying over plugins/scripts (although there really is no need to be doing that anymore).

Can you take us through the steps you took? Once we know where you went wrong it should be an easy fix, very worse case scenario you'll have to re-do the softmod which isn't a bad thing as you can use HeXEn.
i was trying to update xbmc 3.2 to xbmc 3.2.1 on the xbox, once i finish downloading the new build, i noticed that it had asked me if i wanted a fresh install or to copy over the user data and

settings, so i told it to copy user data and settings, so it did that with no problems. next thing i ran the new xbmc 3.2.1, and i noticed that a lot of the apps were not working with the new install

of xbmc. so i decided to re-run the install but this time as a fresh install(not copying the user data/settings) i thought, i will re-download everything.

this time i had to downgrade back to xbmc 3.2 stable, because it wouldnt let me install it fresh while running "the unwanted 3.2.1", it would say script failed when i tried to re-install 3.2.1,

and it had asked me for a "path" so i choose if i remenber correctly: E\apps\xbmc 3.2.1 stable\ ----so i put the new install(fresh) inside of "the unwanted 3.2.1" install folder----- i hope youre

understanding, lol---- so what was my next task? copy the new(fresh) install from e\apps\xbmc 3.2.1 stable\xbmc 3.2.1 stabe so it would look like this-----> e\apps\xbmc 3.2.1 stable, but the only

way i could find to this was to rename "the unwanted 3.2.1" to this ------>e\apps\xbmc 3.2.1 stable111, once i had it like this : e\apps\xbmc 3.2.1 stable and below it "the unwanted 3.2.1" which

read : e\apps\xbmc 3.2.1 stable111 i proceded to DELETE "the unwanted 3.2.1" when i did this i was running the new(fresh) build----one thing that i forgot to do was to "set current xbmc as

default" but i didnt see that option it looks like the new xbmc 3.2.1 doesnt have "svn repo installer" so i rebooted the xbox and it went to the ms dashboard. so i was like "what the hell..."next

thing i was looking for answers on here to see how i can get it back to loading to XBMC 3.2.1, and i think part is what messed it up even further, i took this folder:e\backups\cdrive and dropped it

in C\ -----and now without splinter cell in the dvd drive it will say " 21, to contact xbox support blah blah" with the Splinter cell Game in, it will play it fine, and pulls up the gamesave exploit "linux"

so i click on that, and it takes me to Krazie Tools.... I hope you can help me man! i was really enjoying it
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

is your return key broken also ?
mambo30

Post by mambo30 »

BuZz wrote:is your return key broken also ?
:oops:
whufclee

Post by whufclee »

When you were messing about on the E drive that wasn't too bad but if you've copied over stuff on the C drive that might not be so good! The fact that you can boot up Splinter Cell is a good sign so if all else fails at least you can re-do the softmod from scratch. Here's what I would do:

Download HeXEn, use imgburn to burn the ISO to a verbatim DVD-R.

Boot up the xbox with HeXEn in the drive and then follow my "Softmod Part 2" video guide.
mambo30

Post by mambo30 »

whufclee wrote:When you were messing about on the E drive that wasn't too bad but if you've copied over stuff on the C drive that might not be so good! The fact that you can boot up Splinter Cell is a good sign so if all else fails at least you can re-do the softmod from scratch. Here's what I would do:

Download HeXEn, use imgburn to burn the ISO to a verbatim DVD-R.

Boot up the xbox with HeXEn in the drive and then follow my "Softmod Part 2" video guide.
Ok man thanks so much, i'll give it a try and see what it does, ill keep you posted as soon as ill find out. if it doesnt work, what would be my next option?? i do have another xbox that it hasnot been softmoded yet, but the power card inside of it is bad. maybe i can take the bad powercard out of it or the hd out of it and put it in the locked up one?