iPlayer plugin - Keeps dropping connection

Requests, suggestions, support, and everything else python / plugin related.
rocky

iPlayer plugin - Keeps dropping connection

Post by rocky »

Hello, firstly a big thanks for keeping XBMC running on xbox, I used to use XBMC a lot but moved to other options. I have now dusted off my old xbox and am keen to get it working properly again. I have performed a clean install of the latest stable XBMC build (3.2) and already seen a big improvement in terms of speed and have then added the iPlayer plugin (2.4.17) and started to get problems.

Basically when watching a catchup program it will play fine at first but at some point it will freeze up and then timeout returning me to the plugin selection screen. I believe this is due to it dropping the connection as the logfile says:
10:51:19 M: 28880896 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(video)::Get - asked for new data packet, with nothing available
I have it set to the lowest quality stream (480k) and have tried changing the stream source (Akmai, Limelight, Level 3) but no joy, Is there something else I could try as it really is quite infuriating!

The latest logfile - http://pastebin.com/F2XEZDZD
Had the best success with the latest attempt, managed 23mins before cutting out, usually occurs within 5mins.
BuZz
Site Admin

Re: iPlayer plugin - Keeps dropping connection

Post by BuZz »

Not much can be done here - points to a networking / connectivity issue or just the CDN misbehaving. Can only try different stream source and see if it helps.