[RELEASE] SHOUTcast

Requests, suggestions, support, and everything else python / plugin related.
byron

[RELEASE] SHOUTcast

Post by byron »

SHOUTCAST

So I've been trying to make the ShoutCast 2 addon compatible for us (not going so great as of yet). I finally decided to do some more research and stumbled upon THIS (much thanks), and now I am very happy :D To all of you that like ShoutCast, it works right out of the box --- just transfer the zip to your box, open and copy to plugins/music via file manager in xbmc
Last edited by byron on Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
skatulskijean

Re: [RELEASE] ShoutCast

Post by skatulskijean »

byron wrote:SHOUTCAST

So I've been trying to make the ShoutCast 2 addon compatible for us (not going so great as of yet). I finally decided to do some more research and stumbled upon THIS (much thanks), and now I am very happy :D To all of you that like ShoutCast, it works right out of the box --- just transfer the zip to your box, open and copy to plugins/music via file manager in xbmc
Yes i have this posted on the old Forum days!
But nobody was interested!

To shoutcast 2 :
Shoutcast 2 is a scriptmodule.xbmcswift2 addon and dersphere=sphere have it adapted for me!
That problem is not on xbmcswift 2 .
Have the same Problems with most other newer addons when i it have adapted it give a error Argument 1 must be string or unicode!
The Solutionis to search with print on the parsed url or on the listitem for the error but that is a solution for one or two addons better is we loock why python 2.4 it complete different handled as the main xbmc4xbox python version to fix this issue for all addons what have this error!
This is this wath i do!

have a different version from the Songs.to addon on my testing xmc4xbox with a different python24.zlib to integration libs and functions what python 2.4 not have as example functools ,hashlib and collections module with namedtuple defaultdict and ordereddict what the standart python 2.4 not have next what i do is add the fuction from timeout the python 2.5 and later way on the python 2.4 urllib and add a later on python integrated function on the Queue from python 2.4 to addapt the scriptmoduöle requests what bring urllib3 function to python 2 Versions!
i look for retigration lastfm the pay service the only aviable to xbmc4xbox and a first esy Dropbox integration on Music ,Picture and Video Folder to access the media what we have on you own Dropbox accout! I have addet the addons4xbox installer on confluence light system sub-menue with the name add-ons to follow more the main xbmc way!
sphere -dersphere is working on Youtube Filme as addon and on a urlresolver with the base on Youtube.dll (_i hat the same idea but spehere do it) i hope i can when he it relased it backward ported to xbmc4xbox!

Regards Jan

Regards Jan
byron

Re: [RELEASE] SHOUTcast

Post by byron »

Just a reminder to anyone that listens to a lot of music, this plugin works OTB and it's really cool if you're a music freak like I am :) It's not the latest version, but it's functioning quite well for me right now (simply choose a genre and then you have access to a ton of streaming radio stations). Too cool of a plugin to let slip through the cracks...
evan_almighty

Post by evan_almighty »

Will this be put in the Addon repository?
byron

Post by byron »

Probably not...SHOUTcast2 is avail mainline, I just thought I'd offer this until that was working for us. I don't have a repo, so it'd be up to someone else to make it available on a4x (wouldn't be a bad thing if it was though)
Kozz

Post by Kozz »

Its been added to the Addons4Xbox Installer repo now
byron

Post by byron »

Awesome, should I keep my link on the OP?
Kozz

Post by Kozz »

Thats totally upto you ;)