Can't see installed programs

Requests, suggestions, support, and everything else python / plugin related.
Truman

Can't see installed programs

Post by Truman »

Hello. I've recently installed the latest version of xbmc for Xbox and then installed the svn repo installer under programs. I went into this and installed open subtitles.
However I can't find anywhere to set this program up
If I play a movie and bring up the menu to search for subtitles it only allows me to search a hard drive location.

When I installed open subtitles on my Apple TV in xbmc I could go into the program settings and set it all up.

I also added XAI by adding the folders to Q drive as per a thread on this forum.

I can see it in xbmc and can install programs but once again can't find them anywhere once installed.
I installed YouTube but can't find it anywhere.
I know its probably a simple solution but I am unable to fix it.

Thanks for the help.
skatulskijean

Re: Can't see installed programs

Post by skatulskijean »

On main Xbmc (Eden or Frodo RC2) you have the Script XBMC Subtitles for this !
Open Subtitles and xbmc Subtitles since not the same!
I think OpenSubtitles search only one Sources for Subtitles (OpenSubtitles ) and XbmcSubtitles search on many Sources for your Subtitles!
We have a on development xbmc4xbox repro but with the Installer we can on moment not Install Scripts!
I look the next Days on the Last XbmcSubtitles Script and fix it again that it can work on xbmc4xbox to!
When i it have working i give a download Link!

Regards Jan!
Dan Dar3

Post by Dan Dar3 »

@Truman
When you navigated through with SVN Repo Installer you had to go plugins > video probably. That means those plugins will go into Videos > Plugins, not Programs.
If you would've went into plugins > programs, then those would go into Programs.
Truman

Post by Truman »

Ok thanks very much. So what your saying is none of the subtitle programs will currently work with xbmc4xbox?
Dan Dar3

Post by Dan Dar3 »

@Truman
I have a feeling you were responding to Jan :-) but what I can reply is on the OpenSubtitles and Sublight video plugins from xbmc4xbox-addons (SVN Repo Installer), not the OpenSubtitles script.

Those two should still work, but they are not integrated with the OSD menu, you need to run them from outside. You got two ways of doing it, you can play the video, pause and switch from full screen and navigate to run the plugins and choose "currently playing video" or no video playback at all, use the browse file to look for the movie and search for subtitles. Before you use them go into their respective plugin settings and set the language(s) to look for and save location (press white button and choose Plugin settings).
Truman

Post by Truman »

Dan Dar3 wrote:@Truman
When you navigated through with SVN Repo Installer you had to go plugins > video probably. That means those plugins will go into Videos > Plugins, not Programs.
If you would've went into plugins > programs, then those would go into Programs.
Mate I'm totally confused.
On the main menu I go to Video>video plugins>open subtitles.
I also have youtube4xbox in that menu.

But I want to be able to bring up the OSD during a movie and search for a subtitle like I can on my Apple TV.
Dan Dar3

Post by Dan Dar3 »

Then you want Amet's Subtitles script or a modified version of it, that one can integrated with the OSD, although might not be a standard feature.

Follow this thread:
http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/forum/viewt ... p?f=7&t=94