{Release} [removed] - Standalone & addon4xbox Installer

Requests, suggestions, support, and everything else python / plugin related.
Kozz

{Release} [removed] - Standalone & addon4xbox Installer

Post by Kozz »

EDIT: January 26 2013 : THIS IS INSTALLATION METHOD IS NOW DEPRECIATED, Please use the Addons4Xbox Installer instructions in this thread http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/forum/viewt ... ?f=7&t=897

Preabmle:
As some of you may already know, the addons4xbox installer originally developed by temhil some time ago has recently been resurrected by BuZz, This installer has the capability to install addons from several repositories including the mainbranch xbmc.org repo and third-party repos, it also looks for and installs any required dependencies or modules and will install them if required by a particular addon. A lot of solutions have been discussed over the past couple years on what the best way to have users install and update their addons on the xbmc4xbox platform. The logical choice always seemed to be with temhil's addons4xbox installer, but it still needed some issues addressed and details ironed out and kinda got left on the back-burner for a while until recently, the team has decided that this is the logical solution moving forward, BuZz has been working like a mad man to give the addons4xbox installer some fancy code changes/updates along with our own xbmc4xbox repository. There is currently an early release for those willing to test it out, though I must remind you that everything is still being tested and you can expect some addons or dependencies etc. to break, You can get this early addons4xbox installer and follow the progress, leave feedback and find out how to contribute from this thread here.

What does this mean?
In short, the polished addons4xbox installer is expected to be shipped with future releases of xbmc4xbox

What does this have to do with the [removed] video plugin?

Basically, BuZz is such an amazing guy he has also done some magical coding and built us an xbox compatible version from the main source code, its available right now from the addons4xbox installer BUT there is a slight bug at the moment that should be cleaned up later in the week.

Is there another way I can install [removed] ?
Yes there is, as a temporary solution for those who just want to install this new [removed] while we get through the testing and transition phaze for the new addon installer,
BuZz has done it again and put together a "standalone" version with the modules included that is now available from the XAI repo for the time being, as mentioned earlier this is a complete build up from source code adapted to work on the xbox for us. When I say standalone I mean it is 99% standalone, there is one module that needs to be updated before it will work script.module.xbmcaddon , This can easily be done from the XAI Modules section, instructions below

Installation:
1) Get the XAI from this thread here (only the first link for the XAI , the link to the modules on that page may be outdated)
2) Unzip then FTP transfer the Xbox Addon Installer folder to your Q/plugins/programs folder

3)On your xbox run the Xbox Addon Installer (XAI) from programs>program plugins> xbox addon installer
4) Choose option 1.Script Modules > .modules> script.module.xbmcaddon and install it
5)Go back to the XAI main menu, this time choose TV and Movies > plugins > video > 1Channel4Xbox and install it

That's it, you should now have [removed] installed to Video> Video Plugins :)

Screenshots:

For Developers:
Code and Diffs available here
Last edited by Kozz on Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
GhostlyGamer

Re: {Release} [removed] - Standalone & addon4xbox Installer

Post by GhostlyGamer »

my god this is glorious
whufclee

Post by whufclee »

Nicely done kozz, I'm going to remove the script modules link on the XAI thread right now so it doesn't confuse people.
Kozz

Post by Kozz »

Thanks, but to be clear the "heavy lifting" wasn't by me, all I really did was rename a .png to .tbn, rename a folder and change 1 value in the settings .xml from true to false, make the description.xml then hit the commit button. ;) I didn't even get to use the copy/paste this time :(

It took a little longer than any of us expected, but the original dream of the all-in-one installer is on the horizon, exciting times indeed :)

Hope you won't be too hard to reach in the near future, I do value your input and ideas especially anything related to the XAI, we're probably going to need to have another look in the xai repo and figure out what to move or ditch. Guess we can leave that discussion for the development thread.
whufclee

Post by whufclee »

It couldn't have happened at a better time for me, I'm winding down work for Christmas now and will mostly be at home doing DIY and geeky stuff over the next couple of weeks. I'll try and remember to login on ts each day if you need anything. We'll test the XAI addons again and I suppose the ones that are working which aren't available elsewhere will be worth adding. Might possibly need to add the scripts as I'm not sure they currently install via Addons4Xbox, although I've only tried with Navi-X so far. More testing today...
roadster

Post by roadster »

Brilliant!
Smiff

Post by Smiff »

most content doesn't play for me.
build 31600

examples

Code: Select all

19:13:23 M: 23007232  NOTICE: [removed]: {'episode': '0', 'title': 'Game of Thrones ', 'url': 'http://www.vidbux.com/9rxdyj6cxd64/game_of_thrones_season_2_ep_0_teaser_hbo_a_clash_of_kings_fanmade_93460.flv.html', 'season': '2', 'video_type': 'episode', 'mode': 'PlaySource'}
19:13:23 M: 22986752  NOTICE: [removed]: Attempting to play url: http://www.vidbux.com/9rxdyj6cxd64/game_of_thrones_season_2_ep_0_teaser_hbo_a_clash_of_kings_fanmade_93460.flv.html
19:13:25 M: 22949888   ERROR: urlresolver: vidxden: packed javascript embed code not found
19:13:25 M: 22929408   ERROR: Error Type: exceptions.UnboundLocalError
19:13:25 M: 22929408   ERROR: Error Contents: local variable 'p' referenced before assignment
19:13:25 M: 22929408   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "Q:\plugins\video\[removed]\default.py", line 1762, in ?
                                                PlaySource(url, title, img, year, imdbnum, video_type, season, episode)
                                              File "Q:\plugins\video\[removed]\default.py", line 352, in PlaySource
                                                stream_url = urlresolver.HostedMediaFile(url=url).resolve()
                                              File "Q:\scripts\.modules\script.module.urlresolver\lib\urlresolver\types.py", line 137, in resolve
                                                return resolver.get_media_url(self._host, self._media_id)
                                              File "Q:\scripts\.modules\script.module.urlresolver\lib\urlresolver\plugins\vidxden.py", line 70, in get_media_url
                                                decrypted_data = unpack_js(p, k)
                                            UnboundLocalError: local variable 'p' referenced before assignment
19:13:25 M: 31350784   ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://video/[removed]/?episode=0&img=&imdbnum=&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.vidbux.com%2F9rxdyj6cxd64%2Fgame_of_thrones_season_2_ep_0_teaser_hbo_a_clash_of_kings_fanmade_93460.flv.html&season=2&title=Game+of+Thrones+&video_type=episode&mode=PlaySource&year=]

19:15:28 M: 22974464  NOTICE: [removed]: Attempting to play url: http://www.sockshare.com/file/729C19E947F9F84E
19:16:04 M: 22974464   ERROR: Error Type: exceptions.AttributeError
19:16:04 M: 22974464   ERROR: Error Contents: URLError instance has no attribute 'code'
19:16:04 M: 22974464   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "Q:\plugins\video\[removed]\default.py", line 1762, in ?
                                                PlaySource(url, title, img, year, imdbnum, video_type, season, episode)
                                              File "Q:\plugins\video\[removed]\default.py", line 352, in PlaySource
                                                stream_url = urlresolver.HostedMediaFile(url=url).resolve()
                                              File "Q:\scripts\.modules\script.module.urlresolver\lib\urlresolver\types.py", line 137, in resolve
                                                return resolver.get_media_url(self._host, self._media_id)
                                              File "Q:\scripts\.modules\script.module.urlresolver\lib\urlresolver\plugins\putlocker.py", line 55, in get_media_url
                                                common.addon.log_error('putlocker: got http error %d fetching %s' %
                                            AttributeError: URLError instance has no attribute 'code'
19:16:04 M: 30822400   ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://video/[removed]/?episode=0&img=&imdbnum=&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sockshare.com%2Ffile%2F729C19E947F9F84E&season=2&title=Game+of+Thrones+&video_type=episode&mode=PlaySource&year=]
Kozz

Post by Kozz »

I get the same issues if I try a source after one has failed to play it might show the loading circle forever until hard reboot, what works for me is if a source fails I go back up a directory then reload the source list again and try a different source,

Also if you have mixed this release of [removed] with the one from the A4X installer, it might create problems, They are both the exact same version with the exception that the [removed] plugin from XAI has the modules contained within the plugin folder itself. This was meant for a temporary solution for users to easily get [removed] working while we develop the new installer

Also we test everything against the Latest Stable 3.2, its targeted to the public and much more stable

Nightly's can be unstable and are really there for development use not so much as a "daily driver"
Smiff

Post by Smiff »

ok thanks, i'll try that workaround
is there any way you can get this re-initialised in the plugin after a failure? i think the typical user is going to do what i did and keep trying sources until one works. and get a hang. also of course it's even slower to keep going in and out. just some rambling thoughts.. yeah i might go back to 3.2 stable but most of this stuff seems the same? if i find a real breakage i do try to report them, i figure if no one's testing buzz's work that's a shame :)
Kozz

Post by Kozz »

As of right now there is not a workaround I'm afraid, though we will try to fix it in the plugin since it is kind of a big deal :?

It might be worth it to install a second instance of 3.2 Stable in your f: partition for example, there is nothing wrong with the nightly's but Jan was having a few problems with it when he was adapting some plugins, your feedback is great and appreciated
Smiff

Post by Smiff »

ok well i'm in the UK and i can say Sockshare seems to work very well!

anyone else in the UK worked out which sources are good?
about the settings, why is this source not in priorities (not sure what priority really does, should probably RTFM)
and is there any way to filter sources so we can show other users of our xboxes only good sources, or even better only content with good sources!
cheers.
skatulskijean

Post by skatulskijean »

Smiff wrote:ok well i'm in the UK and i can say Sockshare seems to work very well!

anyone else in the UK worked out which sources are good?
about the settings, why is this source not in priorities (not sure what priority really does, should probably RTFM)
and is there any way to filter sources so we can show other users of our xboxes only good sources, or even better only content with good sources!
cheers.
it is we with all what is a streaming content the sources come and go!
1 channel give self a source with most viewed!
Under the settings you can set what for hoster you mainly use as example you can set sockshare to 100 and others to 50!

regards Jan
whufclee

Post by whufclee »

Smiff wrote:ok well i'm in the UK and i can say Sockshare seems to work very well! anyone else in the UK worked out which sources are good?
I've not been testing on xbox but on PC sockshare is usually the one I opt for, either that or putlocker seem to be the best for me. It all depends on what's available - links do get taken down all the time so it really is just a case of trial and error, no big problem to press stop and try another one if it doesn't work very well. If there's a tv show I'm really desperate to see and I'm not too fussed about the quality then movpod (think it's called something like that) usually always works but quality isn't amazing.
Smiff

Post by Smiff »

hmm quite a few problems using this over xmas:

1) streams dropping or hanging - these might be network/dvdplayer/buffer/general xbmc4xbox related.

2) hanging just loading the sources menu for no apparent reason, sits on the wait spinner forever, xbox still responds to ftp but have to hard reset?

3) most sources don't work (is this why a sockshare/putlocker are in yellow, plugin author knows they're the ones that work? some others work too sometimes)

quite frustrating then. much easier to use than navix though.
Smiff

Post by Smiff »

hangs at end of videos.
3.2 stable.

21:25:22 M: 13524992 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(player)::Put MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED
21:25:22 M: 13524992  NOTICE: DVDPlayer: waiting for threads to exit
21:25:22 M: 13524992  NOTICE: DVDPlayer: finished waiting
21:25:22 M: 13524992  NOTICE: CDVDPlayerVideo::~CDVDPlayerVideo - uninitting video device

not always
probably most annoying thing with this plugin.. can still ftp into box but never times out.
buzz you around? can't you put some timeout in here please? is it plugin or dvdplayer causing this?

edit:
sometimes happens just loading plugin after exiting plugin, so seems to be xbmc problem or something plugin is doing that leaves it waiting forever?
Last edited by Smiff on Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2 Bunny

BROKEN Reply

Post by 2 Bunny »

Seems to be having problems for me, even after carefully following the instructions.

I can live with how utterly slow it is, but here's what I'm getting for each host (just using the most recent episode of FRINGE as a sample):
Putlocker: "Real-Debrid" Upgrade your account now to generate a link
GorillaVid: "Error" Script Failed! 1Channel4Xbox
FileNuker: Script failed AND "Playback failed" one or more items failed to play, blah blah
VidXBust: "Real Debrid" (same as putlocker)
Zalaa: "Error: [removed]" sorry, failed to resolve URL :(
UploadAC: same putlocker "Real Debrid" error

I'm pretty sure all of them don't work.

- 2B
Smiff

Post by Smiff »

yeah if you can't see source on sockshare or novavid (?) you're generally SOL, and the latter is generally lower quality for what i see.