{REALEASE} Icefilms4Xbox - Standalone - Works on Stable xbmc

Requests, suggestions, support, and everything else python / plugin related.
Kozz

{REALEASE} Icefilms4Xbox - Standalone - Works on Stable xbmc

Post by Kozz »

EDIT: January 26 2013 : THIS IS INSTALLATION METHOD IS NOW DEPRECIATED, Please use the Addons4Xbox Installer instructions in this thread http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/forum/viewt ... ?f=7&t=897

Due to Popular Demand,

I have recently gotten around to making a 100% standalone version of Icefilms that works on the Latest Stable xbmc4xbox without the need for installing extra modules, Everything needed for the plugin to run is self contained so it should work with almost any build of xbmc4xbox so you dont even need to update your xbmc build to make it work.

I have included some modules that resided in the .modules folder of Jan's build to make it work, but placed them inside the Icefilms folder to make it standalone and allows me to use the latest code from the mainbranch Icefilms by eldorado in his Eden and Frodo versions. I will either post or link the exact modules used along with the code changes as soon as I work out what repo to permanently commit to

Thank you Jan, I hope you don't mind me using these modules :)

I have updated the code to exactly mirror Eldorado's mainbranch version 1.1.20 (Monday, 26 November 2012),
This will allow for me to update and release future fixes MUCH faster to all of you ;)

Notes:
1)DO NOT ENABLE METADATA from the plugin settings menu, It will break icefilms and will not work again untill you delete files from the userdata folder or the entire xbmc build is reinstalled
2)You can set a Download path to download icefilms content to your xbox, But I recommend disabling the Download in background option, its bound to freeze up your xbox
3) Please report any bugs related to this release in this thread with a full debug log, without one it's very hard for myself or others to see what is going wrong

Its late for me now, but I will edit this post with full Images and installation procedures for those who may need it

Installation Method 1: Traditional FTP
1)Download Icefilms4Xbox-r1.1.20
2) Extract the zip on your computer
3) FTP transfer the Icefilms4Xbox folder to Q:/plugins/video
4) Launch it from Video > Video Plugins > Icefilms4Xbox
5) Enjoy

Installation Method 2: Xbox Addon Installer ( XAI )
Follow this easy video guide and enjoy ;)
Last edited by Kozz on Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:57 am, edited 5 times in total.
whufclee

Re: {REALEASE} Icefilms4Xbox - Standalone - Works on Stable

Post by whufclee »

Nice work kozz, have you tested to see if this has the weird effect the old icefilms had whereby it screws up a load of other addons? Never really did get to the bottom of that bug but it seemed to have something to do with the modules being located inside the icefilms folder.

Feel free to chuck it on the XAI mate, pretty sure you still have rights for that.
skatulskijean

Post by skatulskijean »

all ok!
Please delete the settings (metahandler and and the download on background)
And make this as False on the plugin py self!

Is the bad way to include all scriptmodule on the addon self but what can i say!

Regards Jan
Kozz

Post by Kozz »

Thanks Lee,

I have only tested this on a fresh copy of the latest stable without any other addons installed, do you recall what it was breaking with?
and I've already commited the changes to the XAI repo, so Im gonna dump a new build and test installing it from the XAI, If all is well I will edit the thread with detailed install procedures for both methods
skatulskijean wrote:all ok!
Please delete the settings (metahandler and and the download on background)
And make this as False on the plugin py self!

Is the bad way to include all scriptmodule on the addon self but what can i say!

Regards Jan
Great, I'll also have it up on github soon so you can look at my code changes I make and might help you with your builds too

Your right its not the best place for the modules as we found in the past, lets hope it doesn't break too many other addons,
Mind you this plugin is meant for people who might only ever use a few plugins or dont want to update an entire xbmc build
so hopefully there wont be any other conflicting plugins installed for these people

Cheers guys thanks for the feedback

Let me know if its breaking things
skatulskijean

Post by skatulskijean »

Kozz wrote:
Great, I'll also have it up on github soon so you can look at my code changes I make and might help you with your builds too
the working solution is this what cost time on my brain and i thing you have nothing to change as put the scriptmodules on the addon
self and and go with the storageserver dummy with simple filecaching on the icfilms addon on my build!

Have you it on your git ?
when yes please give a link!

regards Jan
Kozz

Post by Kozz »

Not on github yet, but is on svn repo here is a diff from my older v1.1.12 default.py to current v1.1.20 for example here It is the exact same as main icefilms now

You are right I have included: elementtree, metahandler, pysqlitee2, xbmcvfs.py, storageserverdummy.py from the modules in your build as you can seehere

And it did hurt my brain too, many hours spent reading xbmc debug logs to trace all the modules back and find the correct places to include in the plugin folder to make it work, It might be easier to see the changes on github but you can navigate the google svn also
skatulskijean

Post by skatulskijean »

I can not say what you will do !
On my build i hat make the solution for you for Icefilms as exemple!
It is the original addon from main xbmc what is on my build the only what i have change is the storageserverdummy and you can it simple Update with a newer version on moment on my build to !
I can simple not understand what you do!

Its the same for Youtube you must not search a working Version is on my Build i have it backward adapted
And the only bad think what you do is integrating the scriptmodule (dependencies on the Build!)
This is not more as copy and paste!
For the bad xai solution!
This what you do will bring nothing to a new Light!
Why you not help to adapt not working Plugins as example that whats only works on your Country and what from my country not works!

Regards Jan
Xphazer

Post by Xphazer »

Jan's i have a lot of respect for your builds, but we need a repository up and running with the latest stuff..
Not everyone use a lot of a addons, and some people could want to use Dan Dar3 update script or any other things like that.

If there is things you don't like about the XAI you are welcome to give suggestions, and we could work to make it better.
But as i said, no matter what build is available.. we need a repo..

The first step is to make everything available from the repo, then we'll think of fixing or adapting stuff.

Regards Xphazer.
xman

Post by xman »

Cool, I only want IceFilms and one or two other pluggins on my machines. Last thing I want is heaps of "Bloat" on my machines. Has a real bad habit of slowing things down over time so I really appreciate just selecting what I want and being able to take it out if I want. Good work Kozz.
skatulskijean

Post by skatulskijean »

It is not the Problem to want one or two adapted plugins from mainline and install this !
But i think we can have the same solution with the addon 4 xox installer and with a own repro !
Nice think on xai that you can update the plugin addon to a newer version!
But bad think is that it not access the dependencies from a script or addon !
That is this what addon4xbox installer can do !
Packing the dependencies on the addon self will not follow xbmc (main) and macking the addons and scripts bigger!
What you think why we have a scriptmodule Folder on the Build!
The right solution is create a xbmc4xbox reposity what we can access over the Addon4 xbox installer!

I MAKE THIS FOR THE NEXT VERSION FROM MY BUILD!

REGARDS jAN

KOZZ WE HAVE NOT MANY PEOPLE WHAT SINCE NOT ONLY USER AND IS IS VERY NICE THAT YOU LOOK FOR A SOLUTION
BUT I THINK IT WILL COST MORE TIME FOR YOU TO INTEGRATE THE DEPENDENCIES FROM ADDON ON IT SELF AS CREATING A WORKING
REPOSITY LIKE THE MAIN XBMC REPOSITY!
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

I am already working on a new repo, and it will be up and running asap - just been busy with so much to do :) Ill provide info for contributing as soon as its at a usable point with a couple of examples included.
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

tis done (at least the beginnings). get yerselves over to http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/forum/viewt ... ?f=9&t=670 :)
k1m05

Post by k1m05 »

I added Eldorados BillionUploads fix for the captcha to Icefilms4Xbox. You can download it HERE.
Kozz

Post by Kozz »

Good stuff, I was actually in the process of updating icefilms in the installer repository from v1.1.25 to v1.1.26 that includes this captcha fix for BU sources and the premium Movreel login, but the xbox kept throwing a syntax error I havent sorted out yet on line 996.

I'm going to take another look today if I cant sort this error I will at least merge in the Movreel free account login and these BU captcha changes
k1m05

Post by k1m05 »

Thanks Kozz. Im no coder by any means, but some thing can be super simple and others I dont know why even I try lol. Been trying to incorporate the captca to icelibrary to been pulling my hair out over it lol. Gonna try again tonight when the wife goes to bed.
Kozz

Post by Kozz »

Yeah no coder myself, been learning a bit of everything as I go through trial & error + google searching, if I get a chance soon I can have a look into the icelibrary too, if all else fails I may need to ask Eldorado nicely about the icefilms 1.1.26 changes.

UPDATE: Icefilms now updated in the Addons4Xbox Installer repo to version 1.1.26 with working captcha images for BU sources and Movreel free and premium login
Kozz

Post by Kozz »

bump, see update above ^
Smiff

Post by Smiff »

anyone else having problems with icefilms hanging their xbox? does this right after start, small fart of sound, then hang almost every time in same way. frustrating because lots of content is only here!

other plugins like [removed] work fine so something must be happening to cause the xbox to run out of memory with icefilms. it's not related to HD content, seems to happen with any content through this plugin!

think i'm running x4x 3.2 stable, will check this and version of plugin later can't access right now.

edit: b31195 and icefilms changelog.txt shows v1.1.25 (Friday, 18 January 2012) (?!)

edit2: i think this may be related to h264 avc1 video playback. similar thing on another xbox but happens a bit later, maybe 2-4 seconds into video.
most content on icefilms seems to be encoded this way now? dvdplayer running OOM?

edit3: think i have workaround.
set video res to NTSC 16:9.
works for me, but you still get hangs after a few videos (out of mem).
also you lose ability to see HD but that rarely works anyway on xbox so might not matter to you.
Smiff

Post by Smiff »

actually i just can't get icefilms to work stable. works once or twice if you're lucky!
[removed] is better so gone back to that..
Kozz

Post by Kozz »

Have you tried version 1.1.26 thats currently in the repo for the Addons4Xbox installer ? Also I have found better stability after going to Movreel.com creating a free account, and enter your login details in your icefilms plugin-settings (remember to choose ok after and not the B or back button or the changes wont stay), then you will get 8GB worth of content from Movreel MR sources per day that wont buffer