Howto install repository?

Requests, suggestions, support, and everything else python / plugin related.
blastactionhero

Howto install repository?

Post by blastactionhero »

How do i install a repository in xbmc4xbox? i have a zip file with membranes repository, but i cant install it? any help?
skatulskijean

Re: Howto install repository?

Post by skatulskijean »

We have the ability changes that you can a repro installed self !
The one and only solution is Addon4cxboxInstaller but xbmc4xbox and xbmc main since different and most plugins will not works ca 90%(why - all the addons and script since python code and the python Versions since different on syntax and functions - we have python 2.4.6 and main xbmc have 2.6 in the next time main xbmc have (Frodo) python 2.7)

What you wanted from the membrane repro?
blastactionhero

the gameone plugin :)
blastactionhero

found a solution: install xbmc on my mac, install the repo, isntall the gameone plugin and than copy the files from user/library/application support/xbmc

the only thing you have to do is rename the icon. :)
skatulskijean

Post by skatulskijean »

yes its is one from 10% from 100% what works out of the box !

Regards Jan
kitana

Post by kitana »

blastactionhero wrote:found a solution: install xbmc on my mac, install the repo, isntall the gameone plugin and than copy the files from user/library/application support/xbmc

the only thing you have to do is rename the icon. :)
YMMV as you will discover later NOT every plugin/addon is cross-compatible (that's where Jan comes in when/if possible). At least you got this one to work out ;)
byron

Post by byron »

@ blastactionhero

I'm aware that this is pretty much "old school," but you can download this:

http://www.filesend.net/download.php?f= ... 82cf24aa2d (Addons4XboxInstaller), unzip and install into .../plugins/programs. It has an option to "install from zip file" and I'm pretty sure if you need a .module it will install it automatically (just force the install). Kitana and jan are correct though, not a lot of these pulgins work. I've had hit or miss luck with XAI, but if you have this utility you can still grab repositories and install them from within. Actually I just installed "veetle" from this tool last night and it worked just fine. I know for a fact if you install "YouTube" using this method it will also work. Hope this is some help---
whufclee

Post by whufclee »

Good old addons4xbox installer will install the content for you and it should install the script modules (but I think only if they are available on the xbmc.org repo). Unfortunately some of these modules need adapting so it will install the mainbranch versions and not the adapted ones that Jan has fixed for us.

@byron / anyone else that uses XAI: If you come across something that doesn't work on XAI can you let me know so I can either look into updating it or removing from the repo? Thanks. I only released it as a stop-gap solution as temhil had left the scene (he was the author of addons4xbox) and SVN Repo Installer was VERY out of date and it had the complete list of confirmed working xbox addons. Unfortunately nobody has developed a new installer (which isn't surprising as we have no python coders on here apart from Buzz who's busy with the builds!) and I very rarely get any comments about broken addons so I can only presume everything is still working. Also, I still need people to test addons from the official xbmc.org repository and let me know what's working - as soon as I know an addon is working I'll add it to XAI. I personally tested hundreds of addons from unofficial repo's which took months to do but didn't have the time to check the official one so if anyone want to give it a go I'm here waiting for the results :D

Oh and before anyone else sends me a message asking if I can add Jans addons to XAI the answer is no. I would love to add them and have offered Jan admin rights to the repo but he wants a better solution to using XAI which is perfectly understandable, however I think Jan is the only one capable of coding a new installer (or modifying temhils work).
temhil

Post by temhil »

Hey whufclee,

Guess who just registered! :)
Sorry I was gone, the fact the old site went down didn't help.

I unfortunately don't have a XBOX (both died :x - RIP) any more and very little time for development even if I wish I would have. So I don't want to commit to anything, but I can provide some help if necessary, at least I can try (without guarantee! :mrgreen: )

Could you summarize what changes are really needed for the addons4xbox installer?
I haven't followed recently the evolutions of xbmc4xbox. My main concern is xbmc went really far with its addons from what the plugin and script are on xbmc4xbox, so a lot of addons won't work, some frodo addons won't even work on eden.
Last edited by temhil on Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
skatulskijean

Post by skatulskijean »

Hey temil!
Welcome back !
on addon site is nothing changes on xbmc4xbox !
we have the old scriptmodule.xbmcaddon and XAI as Installer for Addons, Plugins and scriptmodule what since adapted for xbmc4xbox or working out of the box on xbmc4xbox!
XAI can not access Dependencies!
We have my build with adapted addons plugins,scripts ,scriptmodules adapted from main xbmc (Eden)
What we not have is a repro with this what i have adapted!
I think your Addon4xbox-Installer was nice and i must make a repro for the addons and simple change the xbmc.org repro url to the new url and look it's works or not!
What i want is the abillity to access as example Fusion from xbmchub (with install from zip) - with your last Installer its not works and auto-update where nice to!

Thread from XAI here http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/forum/viewt ... ?f=7&t=102
my build here http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/forum/viewt ... p?f=9&t=72

i hope your can help whuflee with XAI or make a newer and better Version from your Installer!

Regards Jan
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

Hi temhil.

What stage did your plugin get to ? Does it handle dependencies? Perhaps it is worth me spending some time on that rather than the modified svn repo installer to manage some "fixed" addons etc. I seem to remember it already pointed at a repository that had some fixed addons on it. Is this still available, and would I be able to have access to it etc ?
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

found the code at http://code.google.com/p/passion-xbmc/ and looking now. I remember I fixed up some long filename issue with this at some point. if it already handles dependencies, then I think the best we could do would be to use this to go forward, and set up a new repository with a selection of the most popular addons fixed up etc.
temhil

Post by temhil »

Hi guys,

Nice to see you!
That is the right location for the code, it should be the latest version as far I remember, I will have to check on my PC if I find some work in progress (it was some time ago).
If I recall correctly yes I was managing the dependency which brought a lot of complexity and sorry for that made the code little bit messy (that the problem with iterative development).
I have to look at what I have done, but normally I would have comment the code pretty well (hopefully) :D
Changing the URL of the repo should be easy.
Last edited by temhil on Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

I have continued this discussion here http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/forum/viewt ... =670#p5808 - if you have time temhil :)