Recently Added

Requests, suggestions, support, and everything else python / plugin related.
byron

Recently Added

Post by byron »

I am having a problem with recently added movies/tv shows. I'm not sure if it's because of the structure of my library files, or if it's a known issue that hasn't been resolved.

-All I see for recent movies/tv shows are numbers (no title or thumb), and when I navigate to and click on them nothing happens

-Recently added albums has title/year/thumb visible, but nothing happens when I click on them either

Here is the item layout for movies/tv shows (maybe something is wrong here) http://pastebin.com/CEFLWXg6 in case someone out there knows if it is right or not. I don't think it's a skin related issue because the same thing happened in Confluence and in Slick, so I posted here because I thought maybe it had something to do with RecentlyAdded.py---
Dom DXecutioner

Re: Recently Added

Post by Dom DXecutioner »

A couple of things...

You no longer need to use the python script as this is now being handled by xbmc. Have you scanned the sources into your library? if not, you may need to do that. As for the code, take a look at what is being used in Confluence Lite: Movies (line 135); Episodes (line 397); Albums (line 658).
evan_almighty

Post by evan_almighty »

Dom DXecutioner wrote:A couple of things...

You no longer need to use the python script as this is now being handled by xbmc. Have you scanned the sources into your library? if not, you may need to do that. As for the code, take a look at what is being used in Confluence Lite: Movies (line 135); Episodes (line 397); Albums (line 658).

Hi Dom, I have the same problem as Byron.
I'm not sure what you mean by, "you no longer have to use the python script"? Because XBMC is calling this python script itself?
i.e. it obviously comes with the installation of XBMC and somewhere in the XBMC code it is being called, I'm not executing it manually.
So what needs to be done to get around the issue?

Thanks
Dom DXecutioner

Post by Dom DXecutioner »

What skin are you using? What version of xbmc? (this may only be available in the nightly builds and not the stable) As for the python code, xbmc makes the call internally, not needing python, thusly!
byron

Post by byron »

I'm just about done making RAPIER more efficient for us (at least that's my goal)....and I'm editing it in the stable version. I was playing around with the code from confluence lite and trying to internalize it but I haven't got it to work yet. Here ya go:

http://pastebin.com/ywYzhCG2 (a bit sloppy on pastbin, but this is what was in the original Home.xml file)

I'm not sure what to do with this exacly, but this is one of a couple of things I have left to wrap up before I post it. I tried placing the newer code into the <item> area and got rid of the hidden buttons (changed default control back to original default, along with changing the <info> and <label> tags to match the code you posted, along with properly changing all of my control id's), added the hidden button from "lite" and it just isn't working. I haven't really had a whole lot of time to mess with it yet, but if you wanna help I'm sure it won't take too long to figure out. Thanks for your quick response BTW, much appreciated

byron
skatulskijean

Post by skatulskijean »

BuzZ hat the Jobworker from main xbmc (Eden - next is Frodo) implememted on xbmc4xbox to!
The Jobworker make intern the recently added aviable without a python script!
The Changes since not on the stable Build this mean the stable Build must have te recently added script !
Without that it can not works!

Regards

Jan
byron

Post by byron »

bummer...cuz it doesn't work properly :/
skatulskijean

Post by skatulskijean »

byron wrote:bummer...cuz it doesn't work properly :/
When you on a new nightly it have changed , its works or you have a error on your xml !
when you on on the stable build the jobworker is not integrated van you must change to the script (recently added when you have numbers on recently added you must switch to a newer Version from recenty added script what is devenitiv on my old jans xbmc4xbox 2.1 build! On the Confluence Skin and on the default skin for this Version from me!

Regards Jan! :)
byron

Post by byron »

Right on buddy, I'm gonna dig into this over the weekend! I found the script, and you were right...I think it's a .xml problem for what I'm working with @ least. Thanks, I'll give it a go and post later
WannabeGT4

Post by WannabeGT4 »

I had Rapier working pretty well but I haven't made any changes since the old forum went offline. You might give it a try and see how it compares to what you have done.

https://github.com/WannabeGT4/skin.rapier.xbox
byron

Post by byron »

@ WannabeGT4

Yea, I actually installed that skin after I started messing around with Qualar.Mod. I Was meaning to ask you a couple of questions about what you did in the video library with "incluception" but after messing with it for awhile I started to see what you were doing. I like the older pop-up submenu style. Also, I really like how you made the info pane fade in for the "wall view" so I went ahead and made that work with the rest of the library views. Anyway, did you have the recently added working in Rapier-xbox? I'll have to check it out and see what's going on there becuase I still have the zip
WannabeGT4

Post by WannabeGT4 »

It was working with the script (minus the music) but it hasn't been updated since the script has become obsolete.
WannabeGT4

Post by WannabeGT4 »

WannabeGT4 wrote:It was working with the script (minus the music) but it hasn't been updated since the script has become obsolete.
Just gave it a try in the WIN32 build and it seems to be fine. You had mentioned QualarMod... Mine is based on Rapier 4 so it might be different.
byron

Post by byron »

So all in all, this was a pretty easy fix (for 3.2 STABLE)

Find: <onfocus>XBMC.RunScript(special://skin/scripts/recentadded.py,])</onfocus> on Home.xml

And replace with: <onfocus>XBMC.RunScript(special://skin/scripts/RecentlyAdded.py,limit=8&albums=True&totals=True)</onfocus>

Also as jan stated you have to replace the RecentlyAddedPy with an updated version. This worked for me in Rapier, but I'm not sure if this code is skin specific (as I was able to borrow it from a newer skin version of what I'm playing around with) Thanks for the help everyone :)
evan_almighty

Post by evan_almighty »

byron wrote:So all in all, this was a pretty easy fix (for 3.2 STABLE)

Find: <onfocus>XBMC.RunScript(special://skin/scripts/recentadded.py,])</onfocus> on Home.xml

And replace with: <onfocus>XBMC.RunScript(special://skin/scripts/RecentlyAdded.py,limit=8&albums=True&totals=True)</onfocus>

Also as jan stated you have to replace the RecentlyAddedPy with an updated version. This worked for me in Rapier, but I'm not sure if this code is skin specific (as I was able to borrow it from a newer skin version of what I'm playing around with) Thanks for the help everyone :)
Thanks byron, I will give this a go. So it's just in home.xml?
byron

Post by byron »

Yea, it's a hidden button in Home.xml (at least for the skin I'm using)...but I'm not sure that what I posted totally resolved the issue. Now my recently added albums has no info (or focus?), so I'm curious what happens when you try this. Please let me know what kind of results you end up with because this didn't totally resolve the issue for me.