Have you a request for addons or scripts for xbmc4xbox ?

Requests, suggestions, support, and everything else python / plugin related.
NOTTHESAME

Re: Have you a request for addons or scripts for xbmc4xbox ?

Post by NOTTHESAME »

guys just give the pros some time so they can get something going :) I know we will have our own youttube4xbox :)
mel123

Post by mel123 »

Thank you.
Mel123
tim619

Post by tim619 »

The Youtube addon would need a new way to get data, but atm I don't have the time to reverse the yt android app and use their "secret" api (but this would be the better way and I'll maybe to this in two or three months).

The bromix youtube addon has an implementation for getting these things but for me it seems like it's only a "workaround" and could break if youtube wants.
Also his addon is quite slow imho but if the standard settings like getting 50 entries per page were changed to 20 or similar and the standard video resolution would be changed to sd all should be fine.
I tested the addon on xbmc 12.3 and it works flawless. I than tested the addon on x4x but some error about a missing map occured. I'm pretty sure the addon would work completely on x4x if
bromix would use a standard way of linking the folders like all others do.

So for now I'm searching an old(er) xbmc version (maybe version 9) where I get the same error, too and if I find a version I can fix it soon.
mel123

Post by mel123 »

Hi tim619.
Just wont to say thank you.
Regards mel123
skatulskijean

Post by skatulskijean »

tim619 wrote:The Youtube addon would need a new way to get data, but atm I don't have the time to reverse the yt android app and use their "secret" api (but this would be the better way and I'll maybe to this in two or three months).

The bromix youtube addon has an implementation for getting these things but for me it seems like it's only a "workaround" and could break if youtube wants.
Also his addon is quite slow imho but if the standard settings like getting 50 entries per page were changed to 20 or similar and the standard video resolution would be changed to sd all should be fine.
I tested the addon on xbmc 12.3 and it works flawless. I than tested the addon on x4x but some error about a missing map occured. I'm pretty sure the addon would work completely on x4x if
bromix would use a standard way of linking the folders like all others do.

So for now I'm searching an old(er) xbmc version (maybe version 9) where I get the same error, too and if I find a version I can fix it soon.
the map error on the bromix youtube addon come from the differend paths on xbmc4xbox and main xbmc.
so when you change the path on libs kodion on the abstract_provider.py on the def navigate(self, context) from path = context.get_path() to path = "/" (what is only a solution for the moment) you have no more this error and access to the first menue but that will the addon not fix then you have the next path problems to access the search and the others what the first menue is given.
so the problem is the lib kodion.

regards jan
mel123

Post by mel123 »

Hi,
Any like with youtube for xbmc4xbox.
Regards
tim619

Post by tim619 »

I'm very busy atm but in one month I have time to write a working (and good) addon. It won't be based on bromix addon, I'll write my own version which will be completely supporting the xbox. My idea is to implement a professional python youtube library from github (I've tested it already on pc and it will deliver all information the addon needs). Than if one day the addon won't work anymore (because youtube restricts api again) you would just need to download this library-file from github and it works again.
mel123

Post by mel123 »

Hi tim619'
Can't wait......you made my day.The children love youtube.
Regards mel123 :D
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Sounds great , can't wait :-)
budbandito720

Post by budbandito720 »

It would be cool to have a xbmc4xbox forums addon with rss feed of topics, so you can post and repy direct from xbox... just a thought
You Cool Man?
mel123

Post by mel123 »

Hi,
Anybody having problems with NAVI-X?Thanks
fxmech

Post by fxmech »

budbandito720 wrote:It would be cool to have a xbmc4xbox forums addon with rss feed of topics, so you can post and repy direct from xbox... just a thought
The forum browser script used to work. I will try to get it running. Probably a matter of finding a slightly older version.
skatulskijean

Post by skatulskijean »

The last working version from forumbrowser on xbmc4xboxb was the Version what I hate adapted for the old xbmc4xbox builds with python 2.4.
It was. On one from my Jan see xbmc4xbox builds.
The newer Versions was on xbmc4xbox not bringing to work then the builds was not fine.

You see it here in action on
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2q0T_spfMTk
browsebot

Post by browsebot »

Has the updated YouTube plugin / script been released anywhere yet? Just checking in.
tim619

Post by tim619 »

Nope not yet. I'll start on 17/18th of July developing a new version could take up to 3 days or so ;)
browsebot

Post by browsebot »

Thanks so much for the update, and your work on this. This is by far one of the most used plugins for XBMC4XBOX. We all look forward to the release.
sixties keith

Post by sixties keith »

thats great news tim619, your hard works is greatly appreciated mate

120gb hdd, vinyl magma skin, front lights, side strip lights, clear jewel mod with lights, ir dongle mod, hdd indicator. X3 with LCD many mods inc custom x3 jewel.
r32crazy01

Post by r32crazy01 »

x2 thanks for looking into this, I'm missing YouTube very much.
Last edited by r32crazy01 on Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RunsilenT

Post by RunsilenT »

Thanks for all your work skatulskijean/Tim I have a request if possible, being a Retro Gamer I`d love to have the "Retroware TV" channel on Xbmc4xbox.
I used to use "You Tube" for this but since the change its obviously gone. Like everyone, a working You Tube would be a godsend. If I had the skills I`d
offer my services but python to me is a snake. :)
tim619

Post by tim619 »

No problem, I also like seeing working addons on x4x respectively hate seeing that some authors include crazy stuff into their addon making it dont work on x4x...

I already thought about allowing to fav. channels and on click load their latest videos that would need a way to login or (and that was what I thought about) store the fav'ed channels in a file. Can anyone point me to the last/latest youtube build for x4x, I cannot find it anymore :? Than I can see from this version which features where included to also include those.

I'm also interested in which features you wan't additionally or is it just "search -> type some text -> get matching list with title and thumb -> watch" ?