Pandora Script??

Requests, suggestions, support, and everything else python / plugin related.
Kingfish999

Re: Pandora Script??

Post by Kingfish999 »

alright I never used scripts before. my mom wants me to get Pandora to work. I never actually used it before myself. she made an account and I put her account info in the settings but when I run the script it just says is Error: script failed. under debug is says:
Python initializing
PANDORA initializing v1.2.11git
Pandora: sysplatform = win32

my xbox gets internet directly from my wirless network not through my computer. is there anything I need to do to get this to work?
using the most recent XBMC
denimjeans

Post by denimjeans »

Please post the full debug log, see here for more info http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/forum/viewt ... p?f=6&t=65. Without the log its tough to say what exactly is wrong. Double check that your xbox is connected to the internet, and that you have unzipped the file and placed it under Q:/scripts/ and not under Q:/plugins/.
1. xbox v1.6/softmod/WD 160HDD/XBMC4XBOX-3.3.3-STABLE/Confluence Light/M$ HD AV Pack
2. xbox v1.6/softmod/WD 80HDD/XBMC4XBOX-3.3.3-STABLE/Confluence Light/80mm Fan Mod
Kingfish999

Post by Kingfish999 »

denimjeans

Post by denimjeans »

Thanks for the log Kingfish. Looks like you do not have the script module simplejson installed on your xbox. Are you familiar with the Addons4Xbox Installer repo? See here http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/forum/viewt ... ?f=7&t=897. You can download the latest simplejson script module from there. Once you have that installed try running the Pandora script again.
1. xbox v1.6/softmod/WD 160HDD/XBMC4XBOX-3.3.3-STABLE/Confluence Light/M$ HD AV Pack
2. xbox v1.6/softmod/WD 80HDD/XBMC4XBOX-3.3.3-STABLE/Confluence Light/80mm Fan Mod
Kingfish999

Post by Kingfish999 »

alright I got it. thanks. it turns out that I didn't upgrade XBMC to 3.2.1 after all and was still at 3.2 which doesn't have that

PS. is there a way to have different accounts? my mom and I have very different taste in music. also teaching her how to sue XBMC is like teaching a cat to do math
denimjeans

Post by denimjeans »

Unfortunately the script does not allow for multiple accounts. However you could setup the current Pandora script on your Xbox to your settings, and then ftp another Pandora script to your Xbox. Before you ftp it over change the folder name from "script.xbmc.pandorajson" to something like "pandora mom". Set that script to her settings and then when she wants to use it she can just click on that one.
Kingfish999

Post by Kingfish999 »

so I got a problem. I can only listen to like 5 songs and then from there it wont play any more. it shows it is but there only 42 seconds long with no volume. im assuming its the ads causing this. anyways to fix this?
denimjeans

Post by denimjeans »

Never seen that problem before, and I usually run the script for a couple hours at a time. I guess it's possible the ads have something to do with it. Are you doing a lot of thumbs down or skipping tracks? Post a full debug log so we can take a closer look at the issue.
Kingfish999

Post by Kingfish999 »

ya its seems to be from thumbs up/down and skipping. I played it for a couple hours yesterday and it didn't crash. it did have a moment where it would play a few songs about a quarter way through and then would skip to the next. also had a few moments of buffering but that's probably due to the wireless setup its on
fxmech

Post by fxmech »

denimjeans wrote:Unfortunately the script does not allow for multiple accounts. However you could setup the current Pandora script on your Xbox to your settings, and then ftp another Pandora script to your Xbox. Before you ftp it over change the folder name from "script.xbmc.pandorajson" to something like "pandora mom". Set that script to her settings and then when she wants to use it she can just click on that one.
--- EDIT'D because I didn't make sense but thought I did :oops:
Last edited by fxmech on Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
denimjeans

Post by denimjeans »

In an effort to run the Pandora script using less memory and also clean up some things visually, I have made a few changes to the .zip file from my previous download link.

Here is the download link for anyone who is interested:
https://app.box.com/s/19bn1hznbgpg7jcnbqyr

Below is a list of things that changed:
-fixed the black/white background to cover the entire screen - only seemed to cover a quarter of the screen on my setups
-added the skin "Light" - uses noticeably less memory than other skins, a throwback skin created from images used on older versions of the script
-removed the pulsing "p" in upper left hand corner of screen when visualizations are running
-removed proxy settings - Didn't seem to get any feedback from people using this

To install just download from the link above and unzip to your computer. Then FTP the file over to your xbox and place in q:/scripts/. If you have the old script installed already just delete or overwrite it during the FTP process. Launch from the scripts menu and enjoy.

<edit>End user's please note, you MUST have the script module simplejson installed on your xbmc4xbox build in order to run Pandora. If you don't have the simplejson script module installed already or are not sure, use the addons4xbox installer to get it installed to your build.<edit>
Last edited by denimjeans on Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
captainsensation

Post by captainsensation »

this worked great for me yesterday. I spent maybe an hour listening to various stations i added. You can easily lose track of time with this. Thanks
GoTeamScotch

Post by GoTeamScotch »

Just downloaded and installed this script. This thing is running like a charm! Thank you so much! :D
Remember kids, always zero-ize your HDD key!
infinity8x3

Post by infinity8x3 »

denimjeans, thank you so mutch for this adapted script. I love it. Use it almost every day. I have a pioneer vsx-456 tuner/amp hooked up to 2 cerwin vega e-312's and one cerwin vega 10 inch self powered sub. All hooked up to my lcd running xbmc and powered by my xbox.

This is a dream. And the sound is hifi even on the low quality setting sounds better than mp3's almost as good as flac's

It works perfectly I wish I would of had this setup back in 96 when I got these speakers. Yes these speakers are 18 years old, they don't make them like this any more all you ppl with ipod docks eat your hearts out lol jk :P

Edit: I miss the 90's
Got a pit bull?
http://mypitbullpro.com
psychotron

Post by psychotron »

:D Love the TEAC equalizer :) Had a similar one back in late 80's :)
GoTeamScotch

Post by GoTeamScotch »

Your bass is showing ;)
turfster

Post by turfster »

Thanks for the pandora script. I just installed this and it's working great so far. Got Ozzy blasting and I am a happy man.... :D

http://youtu.be/yWh66p19-C0
jrl2222

Post by jrl2222 »

I installed XBMC 3.3.3 just for this but the Pandora Script isn't working.
Here is my log file.
http://pastebin.com/Cr369w9a

Please let me know what I am doing wrong.
GoTeamScotch

Post by GoTeamScotch »

jrl2222 wrote:I installed XBMC 3.3.3 just for this but the Pandora Script isn't working.
Here is my log file.
http://pastebin.com/Cr369w9a

Please let me know what I am doing wrong.

Code: Select all

File "Q:\scripts\script.xbmc.pandorajson\default.py", line 14, in ?
                                                from libpandora.pandora import Pandora, PandoraError
                                            ImportError: No module named libpandora.pandora
It's having trouble loading a class from the file "\script.xbmc.pandorajson\libpandora\pandora.py" which can b from a copy error. Try deleting the script and copying it back over. If that doesn't help, it could be a Python version issue (?). I'm on Xbmx4xbox 3.3.2
jrl2222

Post by jrl2222 »

Tried copying the files over to my xbox again and noticed it said it skipped one file. I compared folders and found it didn't copy the file __init__.py because the file is 0bytes so I grabbed the original Pandora.zip file and found the __init__.py file is 822 bytes. I copied that one over and it now loads and I was able to put in my user ID and password but it keeps locking up the xbox when I try to play a station.