Youtube plugin

Requests, suggestions, support, and everything else python / plugin related.
agapedisciple

Youtube plugin

Post by agapedisciple »

Glad that someone is keeping this code going!!! I've been using XBMC since it was XBMP!

I've got a quick question. Where can I get a working plugin for watching Youtube videos on XBMC (for the XBOX)? (I downloaded the latest XBMC4XBOX 3.1 version, but can't find a working plugin...)

Thanks
BuZz
Site Admin

Re: Youtube plugin

Post by BuZz »

I moved your post - as the forum is still under construction.

I'm sorry but I can't help right now, but as more users join, im sure you will get your help. Right now I have a lot of work to do to get everything ready.
PressY4Pie

Post by PressY4Pie »

um. i dont think there is a plugin for that. there is a neat program that is like 5 bucks a month called play on

http://www.playon.tv/playon/
Kozz

Post by Kozz »

I believe there is still a working youtube plugin but I haven't personally used it in a while, and Im not sure what version of the plugin you need or if you needed the regular latest stable build of xbmc4xbox or Jan's version with the mainbranch xbmc addons included, you will have to wait for more of the regular members to come along, Whufclee would know the answers to this, But last time I checked it did work but would not login to your youtube account to play your playlists but you could still browse and search youtube but like I said this might have been with Jan's mainbranch there used to be a plugin that would login and play your playlists and everything just fine since years ago
skatulskijean

Post by skatulskijean »

Have adapted the last from main (xbmc -Eden) Youtube Version 3.0 all works but not login!
Google have changed the syntax for Login and Version 3.0 solved this for most people on main XBMC but not all! :D

Vimeo (last XBMC EDEN VERSION) adapted Works 100 %
BlibTV (last XBMC EDEN VERSION) adapted Works 100 %
VeeHD (last XBMC EDEN VERSION) adapted Works 100 %

You can it have when i realeased Jan'sEnglish XBMC4XBOX V2

Regards Jan
darknior

Post by darknior »

Thanks, i will stand up it too;)
VanZan

Post by VanZan »

Isn't the version on whufclee's XAI working? You can't login but you can search and play the videos no problem. If you want I'll upload the version I have on my XBOX somewhere. Like I said though you definitely can't log in.
noneentered

Post by noneentered »

Please do upload it i would appreciate it . Building a unit for my buddy and he really wants this . Thanks !
VanZan

Post by VanZan »

dgg

Post by dgg »

agapedisciple wrote:Glad that someone is keeping this code going!!! I've been using XBMC since it was XBMP!

I've got a quick question. Where can I get a working plugin for watching Youtube videos on XBMC (for the XBOX)? (I downloaded the latest XBMC4XBOX 3.1 version, but can't find a working plugin...)

Thanks
I just installed Navi-x on my xbox and noticed you can search and play youtube videos. It works if you know what you're looking for, not that great for browsing though.
darknior

Post by darknior »

You think it is better to use Navi-x than the real Youtube plugin ?
skatulskijean

Post by skatulskijean »

I think on moment it navix a option !

When i released my Jan's Englisch and German XBMC4XBOXV2.1 you have the last youtube addon from main XBMC (Eden Version 3.0)
but on Xbox the login will not work!
search
play
Categories
Feeds
Movies
Musik
Shows
Live
works so bad or well we on Main XBMC to

Regards Jan
byron

Post by byron »

@ noneentered

i know that xai was something that whufclee was working on and that might work. also if you try programs/svn repo/passion-xbmc/plugins/programs/addons4xbox installer and install v 9.3...i am still getting repos from there with content (worth a try). You Tube is in the XBMC repo - good luck

~~i use you tube often and it still works

~~also grab tommo's repo and get veetle cuz it's almost like flipping through channels on the t.v. (i use it almost every night and it's sweet)
harperhawk

Post by harperhawk »

Any suggestions if the youtube plugin is not working... just gives a script error on start. never loads. download the files posted in the link above. unrar the files in a folder and ftp'd to xbox. thanks all
byron

Post by byron »

okay, first download this http://www.fileupyours.com/view/320076/ ... -0.9.3.zip and then just ftp the .rar file to your xbox and don't unpack it. go into file manager, select it and it will open the .rar - on the other side open E/apps/xbmc/plugins/programs and then copy the opened .rar into that folder...exit out and check to see that it actually works by going into programs/addons4xbox. mine still works when i try to add repo's, and the YouTube plugin is in the xbmc.org repo (under videos). make sure that you delete all files in your userdata folder regarding YouTube though because there might be conflict there, also before you do that completely remove any old version of YouTube that is currently on the xbmc build that you're using
skatulskijean

Post by skatulskijean »

Please wait on my Jans'Englisch XBMX4XBOX V2.0

It hat the last Youtube Version from main XBMC (Eden )
all works but not login!
skatulskijean

Post by skatulskijean »

Jan'sXBMC$XBOXV.2.1 is released with Youtube 3.0 on Board i look on this moment a documentary Movie on Youtube Movies! :D
http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/forum/viewt ... p?f=9&t=72
Kozz

Post by Kozz »

Hey Jan,

Loving the new V2.1 build :)

Hoping you get the youtube Login syntax fixed some time

Keep up the great work
skatulskijean

Post by skatulskijean »

Kozz wrote:Hey Jan,

Loving the new V2.1 build :)

Hoping you get the youtube Login syntax fixed some time

Keep up the great work
Thanks Kozz for the kindly word .

Youtube:
i have post with the Developer and she say he look on my changes but i hat momently not the Time to
commit and activate my github but i hope and of the week i have free time , and then i hope the youtube developers looks and can help !!!!

Regards Jan ;)
whufclee

Post by whufclee »

Youtube in Navi-X: Yes it works but it's very basic, definately a good backup option and of course within Navi-X you have the option of "Play All" which I personally find quite useful.

Youtube plugin: As others have mentioned the one on XAI was working before I went on holiday but I've not had chance to test since being back. Sounds as though the one with Jan's release will be the best one.

@Jan: Thanks for updating more addons, let me know if there are any you want me to add to XAI.