Youtube plugin

Requests, suggestions, support, and everything else python / plugin related.
Kozz

Re: Youtube plugin

Post by Kozz »

Yeah Lee you gotta give Jans latest build a test drive some time after you unpack your suitcase, unpack his zip and toss it on your xbox :)
whufclee

Post by whufclee »

Don't worry it's on my todo list, really looking forward to trying it out but I have more pressing work matters to sort out first :cry: Damn it and now it looks like I've got to get the washing back off the line - looks as though it's going to piss it down at any minute, boooo.
xman

Post by xman »

Arr, English Olympics weather. A couple of cool strategies you Poms are trying regarding terrorist attacks on the Olympics
1- if it's raining they can't carry anything other than an umbrella and
2- the rain will put there fuses out. Us Aussies didn't think of that. :lol: :lol: :lol:
skatulskijean

Post by skatulskijean »

whufclee wrote:Youtube in Navi-X: Yes it works but it's very basic, definately a good backup option and of course within Navi-X you have the option of "Play All" which I personally find quite useful.

Youtube plugin: As others have mentioned the one on XAI was working before I went on holiday but I've not had chance to test since being back. Sounds as though the one with Jan's release will be the best one.

@Jan: Thanks for updating more addons, let me know if there are any you want me to add to XAI.
Have a look on my Jan's EnglishXbmc4xbox I think is nice but not perfect!

I update addons for this on next Time and make Jan'sGermanXBMC4XBOX and then i go i update The Addons and Script on XAI !
(You must give admin rights) :)
Regatrds Jan
RGB_Gamer

Post by RGB_Gamer »

PressY4Pie wrote:um. i dont think there is a plugin for that. there is a neat program that is like 5 bucks a month called play on

http://www.playon.tv/playon/

Many PlayOn plugins on Xbox do not work or work as well as say, PlayOn running on android. The YouTube PlayOn plugin has no search option, which is a big disappointment.
Kozz

Post by Kozz »

I have also tried different media "Transcoding Solutions" to get my media to play on xbox1 and .... shhhh {ps3} when I owned one for a week before returning it to the store in complete dissatisfaction,
thats just my experience others might not mind having a cpu intensive program running on a computer that needs to be powered on to re-encoding your media to an xbox friendly format, personally it feels like a great length to go just to play youtube or any other media to your xbox, when we Know that the old girl will do it nativley, with the right combination of "comands" in a script, We just need a little help to find that combination, Unless of course Jan already has YT working again, In that case Thanks Jan and carry on ;)

Cheers
shago11

Post by shago11 »

The plugin isn't working for me, and if i try to install from A4X Installer, the download say that error trying to Install YouTube
sahib12

Post by sahib12 »

shago11 wrote:The plugin isn't working for me, and if i try to install from A4X Installer, the download say that error trying to Install YouTube
Are you on the newest build? 3.5 beta 2?
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

youtube is broken on xbmc mainline also (at least partially). there is a fixed version to manually install, but it doesn't work on xbmc4xbox (yet).

Please wait until the next beta - I am currently working on improving the situation.
Kinstinct2

Post by Kinstinct2 »

Are any of the script modules youtube uses changed from 3.3 to 3.5 beta? as on 3.3 youtube is working. Will upload if others want to try.
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

YouTube got updated yesterday on the xbmc repository to v4.4.7. It can be installed via the Addons4Xbox installer. I just tested it on XBMC4XBox (Latest 3.5 Nightly - last beta is probably fine though), and I was able to log in, and play videos from my "watch later" list, as well as liked videos and search results.

I changed settings to "ask" for video resolution and put my login details in. Note it won't log in if you have google 2 step verification enabled.
NOTTHESAME

Post by NOTTHESAME »

BuZz wrote:YouTube got updated yesterday on the xbmc repository to v4.4.7. It can be installed via the Addons4Xbox installer. I just tested it on XBMC4XBox (Latest 3.5 Nightly - last beta is probably fine though), and I was able to log in, and play videos from my "watch later" list, as well as liked videos and search results.

I changed settings to "ask" for video resolution and put my login details in. Note it won't log in if you have google 2 step verification enabled.
do i need to disable this google 2 step verification, can you please tell me where its located in my settings.
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

As I wrote above, it needs it switched off (if you think you have it on. - https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=disab ... entication)
NOTTHESAME

Post by NOTTHESAME »

thanks buzz, sorry, i have never seen theses settings, so they were unfamiliar,thanks again :)
NOTTHESAME

Post by NOTTHESAME »

BuZz wrote:As I wrote above, it needs it switched off (if you think you have it on. - https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=disab ... entication)
my google 2 step is disabled, i set my video resolution to ask, also my login details, set my password and username.

youtube on my xbox gives me dialog

Code: Select all

False
Login Fail
Sychose

Post by Sychose »

I installed v4.4.8 yesterday from the main XBMC repo, I log in successfully but the only thing I can get access to is My History, I can't access subscribed channels, favourites, watch later etc... It says: "No Results" everytime :/ Is there any solution for this? The 2 step verification is disabled in my YouTube account.
Spongy

Post by Spongy »

I've been using 4.4.8 for the last couple of days and everything seems to be working. Try re-installing, including plugin data. If not fixed, post a debug log.
Last edited by Spongy on Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NOTTHESAME

Post by NOTTHESAME »

we got an update alright :) let me try the new version and see thanks guys for the info
NOTTHESAME

Post by NOTTHESAME »

NOTTHESAME wrote:we got an update alright :) let me try the new version and see thanks guys for the info
success! now it asked me last time to insert my name but it was my email which i was really confused, thanks everyone for the help :)