I2C and python?

Requests, suggestions, support, and everything else python / plugin related.
nodots

I2C and python?

Post by nodots »

Is the I2C bus exposed to python in X4X? I have a project that could use it, and I have no idea how to access it outside of python (Raspbian for Raspberry Pi). I want to put a Raspberry Pi inside the Xbox case for cool stuff like a light controller, maybe a full color screen, a touch screen for media controls without a controller... But I want to be able to do all that via I2C/python in X4X.
BuZz
Site Admin

Re: I2C and python?

Post by BuZz »

it's not.
nodots

Post by nodots »

As I think I read, you are the coder and the authority on this. I'll see what I can do on my own... but I am learning C now and can make no promises. I have a friend that can explain the code as I go (too bad I can't get him interested).

Thanks for the response.
sowa

Post by sowa »

Would be very nice if we could get some GPIO (but there is no any io ports on xbox) or i2c for python. Any plans to integrate it with x4x?
professor_jonny

Post by professor_jonny »

From what I gather the i2c bus is something you don't want to mess with as it is used for low-level configuring of the video encoder temp micro traffic watch dog timer eeprom etc... any traffic that interferes with that may cause issues.

Not to say it can't be done but it is best to leave it alone best to use lpc bus it is what it was intended for peripherals and add-ons.

The other problem is if you want some sort of control hanging off there with some smarts it would need to fight with the master on the bus in the chipset causing collisions etc..