$ADDON[foo.bar.foobar 12345] won't show localized labels

Requests, suggestions, support, and everything else python / plugin related.
byron

$ADDON[foo.bar.foobar 12345] won't show localized labels

Post by byron »

I've been working on Rom Collection Browser compatibility and found that the latest version that seems to work on our platform is version 2.0.10 (the dev. changed some things after that to current 2.0.17 that uses xml tree and other things and I couldn't figure out how to even get through making the config file properly because it's not compatible). Anyway - with a simple fix of changing one line in the default.py - 2.0.10 runs and does what it's supposed to it would appear except:
screenshot027.jpg
So...the script will get it's own hard-coded labels (from the script's lib's), but won't get $ADDON (obviously) or $LOCALIZE strings from the language folder inside of resources for the skin/default/720p/foo.xml's <label> controls - hope that makes sense :? Not exactly sure what else to try, but was hoping there was an easy fix without having to rewrite the script's internals just to get labels to show up. Here's what I've tried:

Code: Select all

<label>$LOCALIZE[30303]</label>
<label>$LOCALIZE[ 30303]</label>
<label>$LOCALIZE[SCRIPT30303]</label>    ...saw this on the kodi forums
<label>$LOCALIZE[SCRIPT 30303]</label>   ...tried this in case a space between might help
none of which yield any results except the last example which always comes up "Programs" as in the pic above (always programs no matter what the string id is).

Here is the modded zip for the code or that can be installed via a4x installer in case anyone cares to help (service part won't install but I don't think it needs it to run properly), and here is the debug log of the script opening and running:

http://pastebin.com/mig1xCwQ

Hopefully someone out there has some ideas because I'm at my wits end after about a week of no progress with this issue...
skatulskijean

Re: $ADDON[foo.bar.foobar 12345] won't show localized labels

Post by skatulskijean »

i have thing its working on the xbox :

http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/forum/viewt ... =15&t=3189

or is that a other Version

Regards Jan
byron

Re: $ADDON[foo.bar.foobar 12345] won't show localized labels

Post by byron »

Version 2.0.10 is from middle 2014, Version in the RCB pack is from middle 2013 (I think), but aside form that...the labels are not $LOCALIZED from the link that you provided they are just written in English which is not what I'm after. What I'm trying to figure out is why $ADDON won't localize, and why $LOCALIZE won't work. BTW, when I moved the script into "Programs" (installs to scripts by default) xbmc4xbox does actually get the labels for $ADDON[foo 12345]. This was a suprise to me, but the script doesn't work properly from there...maybe it has something to do with the fact that in mainline it's categorized as a programs addons...