Plugin/script problems, Mythbox problems

Requests, suggestions, support, and everything else python / plugin related.
TheGeekoid

Plugin/script problems, Mythbox problems

Post by TheGeekoid »

Okay first off, in another post (decided to move here more appropriate section) i had posted issues about SOME of my scripts and plugins not working. It was suggested some things in scripts might be plugins so i moved them to the plugins folder. Rebooted and the same ones still dont work. Also i would like to ask if XBMC4Xbox has MySQL. I think MythBox is a MySQL thing and it fails to launch. Any suggestions? I will provide info as needed.

EDIT: forgot to add that this xbox is Softmodded and has a stock HDD with the default partition map. Xbmc is located in E:/Apps/Xbmc
Rule number one, do NOT fly into a thunderstorm. Rule number two, if you fly into a thunderstorm, see rule number one.
BuZz
Site Admin

Re: Plugin/script problems, Mythbox problems

Post by BuZz »

http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/forum/viewt ... p?f=6&t=65 (need debug log for script problems etc)

The MythTV support has mysql support in (for connecting to a remote mythtv database). however I've not tested it on mythtv newer than 0.26 myself.
TheGeekoid

Post by TheGeekoid »

Well i just remembered im still on beta4 build so i dont have the new python version and the api peices parts. If my scripts work after i update or if they dont i will let you know. I should reply back within a few minutes of this post.
Rule number one, do NOT fly into a thunderstorm. Rule number two, if you fly into a thunderstorm, see rule number one.
TheGeekoid

Post by TheGeekoid »

Okay so i updated to RC2 and still they dont work.

Log: http://pastebin.com/jh2rR3Fa
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

XBMC TV International is missing a file (or trying to access a file that does not exist - possibly due to another issue) - the plugin may well just be broken - I would contact the original authors perhaps.

MythBox is not compatible with xbmc4xbox

Network-Manager is not meant for the xbmc4xbox platform and will never work (it is designed for linux). Same for XBMC Audio Mixer. You can't install stuff
meant for other operating systems such as linux and expect them to work :)

Not sure what "XBMC Helper" is, or where to get it from, but it isn't compatible with our addons emulation script due to an addon ID vs install location incompatibility (There may be other issues too - I am unable to find the plugin though). Searching for it brought up stuff linked to streaming movies from dubious sources, so if it is that, I will not be able to help further.

Your TED Talks addon is out of date (where did you install it from ?) - the current version that is installable from the XBMC Frodo Repo from addons4xbox installer is 4.2.4 and works fine on xbmc4xbox 3.5 RC2 - if your is showing up as 3.1.7 there, then you have not done a fresh install of xbmc4xbox and have an old repository config set (do a fresh install or delete "Q:\UserData\plugin_data\programs\Addons4Xbox Installer"). You should avoid copying xbmc4xbox installs over old ones.
TheGeekoid

Post by TheGeekoid »

i got that ted talks addon a while a go and havent updated it. If i had it in the videos->addons area it would launch and list videos but fail to play them.
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

TheGeekoid wrote:i got that ted talks addon a while a go and havent updated it. If i had it in the videos->addons area it would launch and list videos but fail to play them.
websites change their stuff around. Addons that scrape information from such sites need to be updated so for video addons you should make sure you always have the latest versions, and it's also worth checking out discussion over at the xbmc forums as often the latest information related to the working status of an addon will be found there.
TheGeekoid

Post by TheGeekoid »

Okay thanks. One last question. I think if XBMC4Xbox had MySQL it would be able to use Mythbox. Both me and my dad run Linux and we have problems getting mythbox to work on the Main XBMC platform. Any possibility to add MySQL?
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

TheGeekoid wrote:Okay thanks. One last question. I think if XBMC4Xbox had MySQL it would be able to use Mythbox. Both me and my dad run Linux and we have problems getting mythbox to work on the Main XBMC platform. Any possibility to add MySQL?
Our MythTV VFS has mysql support so it can play stuff from a MythTV Install - you don't need any addon/plugin for that (Just set up a mythtv source - add source/ add network location - choose "MythTV Client").

XBMC4Xbox does not have mysql support for python, nor it's internal databases, and there are no plans to add them.

http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/wiki/MythTV#Setup_in_XBMC
TheGeekoid

Post by TheGeekoid »

Thanks! this should solve all my problems. Being able to do all this shows just how much of a butt-face microsoft is locking the Xbox down...