Json support and Pelisalacarta addon.

Requests, suggestions, support, and everything else python / plugin related.
SpAiK

Json support and Pelisalacarta addon.

Post by SpAiK »

Hi I'm having some trouble using Pelisalacarta (video content web pages scrapper) addon, it almost works ok but the Series.ly channel gives the following error when trying to authenticate:

[removed - partial debug log - please use xbmclogs.com or pastebin.com or similar]

I've posted the same question on its own forum and they have told me it could be caused by an incomplete support of Json library, so I would like to now if that's the case or what do you think.
BuZz
Site Admin

Re: Json support and Pelisalacarta addon.

Post by BuZz »

IMPORTANT INFORMATION - read BEFORE posting (at the top of the forum)

http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/forum/viewt ... p?f=6&t=65

I need a full debug log, and not one posted directly into the forum. thanks.
SpAiK

Post by SpAiK »

D'oh! Sorry for that. Here you have a full log, the error is at line 1153.
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

I'm not actually sure of the problem just from that log. I would need to test the addon. it needs a login/password I assume ?

We don't lack any json support (we are using python 2.7.8 - I assume the addon is using the built in json?)
SpAiK

Post by SpAiK »

Hi BuZz, yes you need a login/pass to access, if you need it I could pm you mine. About Json, I'm not sure but I think it uses its own library, so if that's the case I'll try to resolve with the addon developers. In any case, is there any difference in Python and its libraries in Xbmc4xbox vs Xbmc Frodo/Gotham?
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

SpAiK wrote:Hi BuZz, yes you need a login/pass to access, if you need it I could pm you mine. About Json, I'm not sure but I think it uses its own library, so if that's the case I'll try to resolve with the addon developers. In any case, is there any difference in Python and its libraries in Xbmc4xbox vs Xbmc Frodo/Gotham?
some differences - our simplejson library might be different but it's better to use the built in on 2.7 anyway. if you pm me the details I can debug it when I get a chance.