[RELEASE] Retrospect v4.1.6 (formerly XBMC Online TV)

Requests, suggestions, support, and everything else python / plugin related.
Basje

[RELEASE] Retrospect v4.1.6 (formerly XBMC Online TV)

Post by Basje »

I recently stumbled upon a rather nasty issue with how I handle settings if you were to install Retrospect on clean machines. As new users might get a none-working Retrospect and might get frustrated, I decided to push a small Retrospect Update. On popular demand, I also added the option to disable the channel update message that appear after a channel update. They can now be disabled via the Retrospect add-on settings.

Retrospect v4.1.6 - Changelog - 2017-06-23

Framework related
  • Added: Option to get audio streams from M3u8 (See #880)
  • Fixed: initial deployments failed due to missing user settings.xml
GUI/Settings/Language related
  • Fixed: settings of type="hidden" do not exist
  • Updated: Swedish language (Fixes #874)
  • Added: option to hide channel initialisation messages
Channel related
  • Fixed: no audio on VRT.nu streams (Fixes #880)
  • Fixed: MTV moved to new API (Fixes #876)
  • Fixed: Kijk.nl moved to a JSON API (Fixes #875)
Note on Kodi Krypton

Kodi Krypton has some focus on security related to third party add-ons and repositories. To make users more aware of this, within Kodi Krypton all non-official repositories and add-ons are disabled by default and need to be re-enabled by the user. That way a user gets aware of what add-ons are not Kodi official and where the add-ons are coming from. As you are (or should be) aware of, Retrospect is such a third party add-on that uses its own repository. Therefore you will need to re-enable the Retrospect Repository and Retrospect itself. More information on how this Kodi features affects Retrospects and updates can be read here. As a reminder:

!! Retrospect should only be installed from the official Retrospect repository !!
Please read the installation instructions

The only official and safe way of installing Retrospect is via the official repository using the official installation instructions. if installed from other locations, we cannot guarantee the quality or safety of the code of the add-on. In other words: code might have been injected if you download it via alternative sources.

Issues
If you encounter any issues, please let me know using the Issue List on the BitBucket page of Retrospect (https://bitbucket.org/basrieter/xbmc-online-tv/issues). Please attach a complete logfile (retrospect.log).

Download
The new version can be downloaded from the XOT site: http://www.rieter.net/content/xot/downloads/.

Thanks to the owner of hamans.com for giving me free bandwidth and jetbrains for providing me with a license to PyCharm Community Edition.

-=== Older Changelogs ===-
More Changelogs can be found at http://www.rieter.net/content/category/xot/changelog/
Last edited by Basje on Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:10 pm, edited 28 times in total.
psychotron

Re: [RELEASE] XOT-Uzg.v3.3.0

Post by psychotron »

What is this please? I have searched the net but it is unclear what this is for.

Thanks. :)
Dom DXecutioner

Post by Dom DXecutioner »

psychotron wrote:What is this please? I have searched the net but it is unclear what this is for.

Maybe you should download it, install it, use it and if you still don't know what it is, then ask!
Basje

Post by Basje »

psychotron wrote:What is this please? I have searched the net but it is unclear what this is for.

Go to the website (http://www.rieter.net/pages/XOT:Uzg) and you can read it there. You should have found this by searching XOT-Uzg on Google.
psychotron

Post by psychotron »

Basje,

Thanks very much for your work and taking tthe time to point out the site location. Sorry I missed it.

;)
RoyalX

Post by RoyalX »

Thanks Bas,

But Eredivisie Live still has some issues. Keep getting the black screen and on the right the page numbers.
Basje

Post by Basje »

RoyalX wrote:Thanks Bas,

But Eredivisie Live still has some issues. Keep getting the black screen and on the right the page numbers.
Try running XOT-Uzg.v3 as a plugin. It saves a lot of memory.
ola

Post by ola »

I tried to install this on my xbox but all it said was that I needed to update xbmc to Frodo (from Eden). I think I have the 3.2 release of xbmc but that's not enough? Is there any other way to run xot?

Thanks in advance!
Basje

Post by Basje »

Some channels will work better on Frodo. The addon should work on XBMC on Xbox.
skatulskijean

Post by skatulskijean »

ola wrote:I tried to install this on my xbox but all it said was that I needed to update xbmc to Frodo (from Eden). I think I have the 3.2 release of xbmc but that's not enough? Is there any other way to run xot?

Thanks in advance!

Developers from addon and plugins make he addons (plugins,scripts) for main xbmc ( Eden, next is Frodo)!
xbmc4xbox is not the same we main xbmc!
when the addon not work post a debug log without nobody can help!

Regards Jan

EDIT
Have X-Uzg.v3.3.0 Tested it works on last nightly !
skatulskijean

Post by skatulskijean »

For Erendivisie Live give it a addon on the main Xbmc -Repro (Eden). Have it fix that works on xbmc4xbox to!
for Svt.se give it a addon for main xbmc (Eden on the Repro)with name SVT Play i have it adapted that works on xbmc4xbox to!
For nos give it a addon for main Xbmc to it works out of the Box!

When anywhere the adapted addons will have - please write here and i give a Download link!

Regards Jan
ola

Post by ola »

Thanks a lot!

How do you prefer to install XOT on an xbox? I couldn't find it in the xbox-addons-plugin. But I might have screwed my install up a bit as well :) Are you always running nightly or the stable branch?
Basje

Post by Basje »

ola

Post by ola »

Thanks for your help! I still have some issues though :)
skatulskijean wrote: For Erendivisie Live give it a addon on the main Xbmc -Repro (Eden). Have it fix that works on xbmc4xbox to!
for Svt.se give it a addon for main xbmc (Eden on the Repro)with name SVT Play i have it adapted that works on xbmc4xbox to!

When anywhere the adapted addons will have - please write here and i give a Download link!

Regards Jan
Can you please explain a bit more in detail how I install it for SVT.se? I don't really get it :)
I installed it as a plugin on XBMC4Xbox. But I'm still having problems with getting it to work with SVT.se.
Basje

Post by Basje »

skatulskijean wrote:

For Erendivisie Live give it a addon on the main Xbmc -Repro (Eden). Have it fix that works on xbmc4xbox to!

Regards Jan
XOT-Uzg.v3 already has it's own official Eden Repository. See here http://www.rieter.net/pages/XOT:Installation. And the fact that streams do not work on a specific version has nothing to do with the script, but with XBMC not handling the stream correctly.

Besides that: This is the XBMC4Xbox thread. Please don't post questions related to XBMC (so not for Xbox) here.
btbd82

Re: [RELEASE] XOT-Uzg.v3.3.3

Post by btbd82 »

Today i updated to 3.3.3 after removing the version 3.2 that is in jan's building.

In jan's version there were many links that worked,only now in 3.3 it says no playable files found.
The only things that seems to work are the streams that are in TV.nl.

So i was wondering who else has the same problems and what am i doing wrong?
Basje

Post by Basje »

btbd82 wrote:Today i updated to 3.3.3 after removing the version 3.2 that is in jan's building.

In jan's version there were many links that worked,only now in 3.3 it says no playable files found.
The only things that seems to work are the streams that are in TV.nl.

So i was wondering who else has the same problems and what am i doing wrong?
Well, I guess that was bound to happen, as the Xbox XBMC really is starting to fall behind on the others. Could you please enable DEBUG logging within XOT-Uzg.v3 and then try to play some streams. After that, post the uzgplugin.log and uzgplugin.old.log in pastbin.com. So I can have a look.
btbd82

Post by btbd82 »

Thanx for the reply!

I've made the logs,only i did not know how to work with pastebin :oops:
So i uploaded the text files through the link.

http://www.mijnbestand.nl/Bestand-8FM6PA6API46.zip

Ps.you asked me to open links,only there are no links to open.(only in TV.NL)
For the rest are the dutch maps showing nothing.
Basje

Post by Basje »

btbd82 wrote:Thanx for the reply!

I've made the logs,only i did not know how to work with pastebin :oops:
So i uploaded the text files through the link.

http://www.mijnbestand.nl/Bestand-8FM6PA6API46.zip

Ps.you asked me to open links,only there are no links to open.(only in TV.NL)
For the rest are the dutch maps showing nothing.
Thanks, could you please try this:
  • Find the mediaitem.py file in the net.rieter.xot\resources\libs\ path
  • Create a backup of that file
  • Download the attachement and extract the mediaitem.py
  • Replace it with the attached new version
  • Test if it works now
Let me know the result.
Attachments
mediaitem.zip
(8.52 KiB) Downloaded 450 times
btbd82