Python scripts not working after update to 32836

Requests, suggestions, support, and everything else python / plugin related.
poshea

Python scripts not working after update to 32836

Post by poshea »

Hey Guys! i just updated from 3.5 beta 2 up to the latest nightly build 32836.

I noticed that most of my plugins stopped working after the upgrade giving script failed message. (including youtube and jazzradio.com). (The Trailers still works). Tried removing and reinstalling plugins.... but still get a script error when trying to run.

I'm doubtful this is a plugin compatibility error, but not sure. Any help would be appreciated... here is the log file:

[snip - log removed]
poshea

Re: Python scripts not working after update to 32836

Post by poshea »

I just tried again with a fresh install of 32836... No previous preferences or plugins transferred. When I try and open Addons4Xbox Installer I receive message "xbmcaddon Library is missing. The version of XBMC4XBOX you are running is probably too old"
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

your install is missing files (.modules in scripts/ - make sure you have ftp client showing hidden files). also please use xbmclogs.com or pastebin for posting logs - this is clearly detailed in the topic at the top of the forum.
poshea

Post by poshea »

Thanks buzz. I remember I had an issue with hidden files not transferring over FTP once before. I'll check this out.

Apologies for the log file... I realized after I had posted. I'll use the appropriate method in the future.

Thanks.
poshea

Post by poshea »

OK. So I FTP'd a fresh copy of 32836 over, ensuring that the hidden /scripts/.modules folder was included. That solved the majority of problems... most plugins including Youtube now work as they did before - with the exception of JazzRadio.com. This audio streaming plugin was working perfectly in 3.5 BETA 2, however script fails in 32836. Ive attached a new log.

http://pastebin.com/RJuTR1Au

Has something changed in the update of XBMC that is causing this plugin to fail.

As always, any help greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Paul.
Dan Dar3

Post by Dan Dar3 »

@poshea
You might want to follow the thread on XBMC.org (v1.1.1 seems to be the last version, as it appears in your log)
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=144627&page=2

Code: Select all

11:05:46 M: 23113728  NOTICE: [PLUGIN] JazzRadio.com v1.1.1 (8. December 2012)
Either contact @bitcrusher01 (thread author) or @jeanwilly (seems to have ported it at the time for xbmc4xbox).
poshea

**RESOLVED**Re: Python scripts not working after update to 3

Post by poshea »

RESOLVED

Thanks for the link Dan Dar3. I ended up fixing the plugin by copying the /User Data/plugin_data/Music files from my Beta 2 install, into the latest build. Now it works again. Still unsure why a fresh install could not create new preferences.... But it's working so I'm happy :)