New libRTMP possible?

Requests, suggestions, support, and everything else python / plugin related.
compuwade

New libRTMP possible?

Post by compuwade »

Hi there!
I have recently downloaded the 3.5 beta 2 version of xbmc4xbox, and I must say that I am very impressed. Most of the main XBMC addons work quite well. Of course it takes a little setup to get them working, the ones that do not require a whole lot of memory work awesome. However, one addon which works very well requires a new libRTMP.dll file to get the streams working properly. I've tried installing the windows version and of course that one does not work. Does any one know of a newer version or can point me in the right direction for me to compile my own? That would be way cool!

Thanks,
Comp
BuZz
Site Admin

Re: New libRTMP possible?

Post by BuZz »

compuwade wrote:Hi there!
I have recently downloaded the 3.5 beta 2 version of xbmc4xbox, and I must say that I am very impressed. Most of the main XBMC addons work quite well. Of course it takes a little setup to get them working, the ones that do not require a whole lot of memory work awesome. However, one addon which works very well requires a new libRTMP.dll file to get the streams working properly. I've tried installing the windows version and of course that one does not work. Does any one know of a newer version or can point me in the right direction for me to compile my own? That would be way cool!
Which addon ? Need more info - there hasn't been many changes since our librtmp. If the addon requires any 3rd party rtmp changes, that is unlikely to be implemented. But without further information I can't help sorry.
compuwade

Post by compuwade »

BuZz wrote:
compuwade wrote:Hi there!
Which addon ? Need more info - there hasn't been many changes since our librtmp. If the addon requires any 3rd party rtmp changes, that is unlikely to be implemented. But without further information I can't help sorry.
The addon is SportsDevil and there is an edited version of the librtmp.dll here. http://www.mediafire.com/?x4cvp5hl4m9xr
I'm assuming it is 3rd party. And if it is, why can't this version be compiled to work with xbmc4xbox?
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

compuwade wrote: I'm assuming it is 3rd party. And if it is, why can't this version be compiled to work with xbmc4xbox?
it probably can be compiled, but there is a reason why these patches have not made it into official librtmp (due to the quality and other issues), and for that reason I have no interest currently in adding them. Sorry.
compuwade

Post by compuwade »

BuZz wrote:
compuwade wrote: I'm assuming it is 3rd party. And if it is, why can't this version be compiled to work with xbmc4xbox?
it probably can be compiled, but there is a reason why these patches have not made it into official librtmp (due to the quality and other issues), and for that reason I have no interest currently in adding them. Sorry.
Ok, thanks. Just figured I would ask.