How to install plugins

Requests, suggestions, support, and everything else python / plugin related.
sahib12

How to install plugins

Post by sahib12 »

Thought i'd do a post so i can link this if people are saying there plugins are not working. Right now everything on the xbmc4xbox repo may not work. Some plugins still do work though so it is worth downloading the addon to see if it works. If it does not then just delete it and it should be removed from the repo soon.

How to install through the repo
screenshot010.gif
Go to programs, then plugins.
screenshot011.gif
Go to addons4xbox
screenshot012.gif
Click get addons
screenshot015.gif
Now you have a choice, you can either install addons via the xbmc4xbox repo which are addons adapted specifically for xbox.
Or you can go to any of the other repos which contain addons BUT they may not work on xbox so please do not expect them too.

When you're on there you'll see the different categories and you can install your addons through here, just click on the addon and it will install automatically.

This is not the only way to install addons, and since not all addons work on the repo work you can install via another way...

Install addons via .zip files

First you need to download a .zip file with an addon in it. To do this, just search around this forum, there are a few in the plugin development section. If you want other ones then just look around on google. There are many .zip files around, if you need any help finding one just ask.

Once it has been downloded then just FTP the zip file across to your xbox to any location (preferably in the E drive or F drive)

To install addons via a .zip file is easy. Just go to addons4xbox installer again (look above) and click install from zip file.

Once you click that it should bring up a menu where you can search through your files. Just locate the .zip file and it should install nicely.
screenshot014.gif
I hope this is helpful to at least one person. If anyone wants to link to here then feel free.
hawsey

Re: How to install plugins

Post by hawsey »

Nice tutorial :-) good job , this will come in handy for many I am sure .
Cheers
sahib12

Post by sahib12 »

hawsey wrote:Nice tutorial :-) good job , this will come in handy for many I am sure .
Cheers
Thanks buddy :)
kc01713

Post by kc01713 »

I just downloaded a zip file and put it in my xbox via ftp and it worked perfect!!!
mrmajikbus45

Post by mrmajikbus45 »

Didn't even read your tutorial, got stuck on picture #1... :D
A strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own. -Solid Snake
American as Guile!
Get your Chimp on!
sahib12

Post by sahib12 »

mrmajikbus45 wrote:Didn't even read your tutorial, got stuck on picture #1... :D
;)