Navi-X playlist error, repo needs updating, Whufclee?

Requests, suggestions, support, and everything else python / plugin related.
sahib12

Navi-X playlist error, repo needs updating, Whufclee?

Post by sahib12 »

Hey does anyone know if whufclee is around? Beacause navi-x needs to be set to use its original playlist as i belive whufclee's playlist is down? Sorry if this seems a bit naggy but a lot of users are installing it and they cannot open whufclees playlist so they think it doesnt work whereas all the need to do is change the homepage. Would be easier if it was set to default on the repo. Also regarding the repo, is it being cleaned up? It was great at first but when people stopped updating (for whatever reason) it got out of hand. Is it possible that you could make more than one person responsible for the repo? For example if someone updated their addon and posted a thread but didnt update the repo, someone else could do it for them? I would be willing to help out maintain it because it seems some people dont have the time to update it so it would be cool for other people to keep it with good working addons.
k1m05

Re: Navi-X playlist error, repo needs updating, Whufclee?

Post by k1m05 »

I believe I read somewhere that Navi-X is getting a new server and will be down untill they are complete which may take some time
snowdogged

Post by snowdogged »

Yup, I read that also and they are estimating that they will be up and running in mid April
sahib12

Post by sahib12 »

Strange, it works for me at the moment. But my point was for whufclee to change the default playlist back to the original navi x playlist, because (i'm not too sure on this) his playlist does not exist anymore?
snowdogged

Post by snowdogged »

I believe that he posted in this forum that he removed his playlist from navi-x.
sahib12

Post by sahib12 »

Ah yeah i thought so, thats why it'd be nice to remove his playlist as the default playlist as everytime navi-x loads up it will come up with 'cannot open file'. The only way to fix this is to manually set the original playlist as home. I was just hoping him or someone could put navi-x up with the original home playlist.
mrmajikbus45

Post by mrmajikbus45 »

http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/forum/viewt ... =20#p19224

That should help ya sahib. Instructions are in the next post after the one I linked.
A strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own. -Solid Snake
American as Guile!
Get your Chimp on!
sahib12

Post by sahib12 »

Yes thanks man, thats where i've seen it before, he said that it was up to one of the guys on here to update the repo , but now i understand that the repo is being updated and cleaned so thats cool. Im sure it will be updated soon. Cheers guys.
byron

Post by byron »

http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/forum/viewt ... =40#p19252

BTW I asked for permission to keep this plugin up to date after lee's response but ultimately received no response. With the changes I made it seems to work well and is quite fast but isn't working atm due to the server being down I think...
whufclee

Post by whufclee »

I don't know if this could be ported over to xbmc4xbox or not but maybe Jan could take a look...

The guys behind iStream on mainbranch have created a playlist that's maintained by a user called mefrox - this allows you to access all sorts of playlists (content from navi-x, mashup, youtube etc.) and users are really starting to get behind it and create their own lists. It's similar to how Navi-X works but doesn't require the Navi-X script/plugin to work and it should work on low spec devices really well as it only shows thumbs and not metadata.

The current playlist is located at http://is.gd/mefroxlist. If you're using mainbranch XBMC then you can find the playlists function in iStream>iWatch>Playlists and then just add that URL as an online playlist. Like I say I don't know how simple it would be to port something like that over to xbmc4xbox but if someone could do it then I think a lot of users would really enjoy it.
givesuhe11

Post by givesuhe11 »

hello, I hope this finds whufclee
I use the navi-x "plugin", not the regular navi-x "addon"... You made the "plugin" months ago and it's set to go to your old playlist that I guess no longer exists... I was wondering what file to change or line in the file so that the plugin goes back to the original navi-x list... I'm not talking about the "settings.dat" that was used to fix the addon when navi-x servers were down... I had saved a shortcut to msnbc podcasts before you stopped using your playlist so I can go to the xbmc favorites and access the msnbc podcasts in the navi-x "plugin", but then when I try to go back a page it can't find your playlist so it says file cannot be found, I would like your old navi-x "plugin" to go to the original navi-x list... if you could please tell me which file to change or add which line to so that can happen
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »