Nice Think on Development Forumbrowser use youtube.dl

Requests, suggestions, support, and everything else python / plugin related.
skatulskijean

Nice Think on Development Forumbrowser use youtube.dl

Post by skatulskijean »

Rick Phillips (ruuk)
Working on the new Version from Forumbrowser with youtube.dl integration.
This mean Webviewer can access all the 120 differend Videosites what youtube.dl momently can access.
You can than watch and download all the streams from this Sites on the webviewer or Forumbrower.
To release this he have created a scriptmodule.yotube.dl what basicly hold the youtube.dl Source with only changes on
the YDStreamExtractor.py and YDStreamUtils.py so you can easy switch to a new youtube.dl version with replacing the old
Youtube_dl folder with the newest Version.
Youtube.dl have a long tradition as video downloader it is ever uptodate.

I have a little play with the scriptmodule.youtube.dl and found a easy solution to acess the playable urls on own addons over the integration from the scriptmodule.youtube.dl on mainxbmc (for xbmc4xbox we want the integration from c_types (python).
The Goal is:
that i by giving a not payable youtube url with the from most developer solution for this(access the youtube payable url over the youtube plugin) i cant this url watch over the youtube.dl solution without problems .
That is a Big Step to have uptodate streamingsolution for the from youtube.dl suported 120 videosites on xbmc

Suported Sites Youtube.dl: http://rg3.github.io/youtube-dl/supportedsites.html