addon testing

Requests, suggestions, support, and everything else python / plugin related.
BuZz
Site Admin

addon testing

Post by BuZz »

Due to some lack of maintenance and the number of addons we have on our repository (http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/addons/) , I am unsure as to what is and isn't working apart from a few that I have updated recently.

it would be a great help to the project if anyone has time to go through some of them and report back. I will then try and fix them up or disable as needed (or poke the addons4xbox maintainer responsible). Thanks.

oh and debug logs please for those that dont work so I can decide if they need a small fix or disabling :)

any help is appreciated. thanks.
skatulskijean

Re: addon testing

Post by skatulskijean »

i have say i do it.
But when you have more time.
All addons what have the dependencies from scriptmodule xbmcswift (all addons from sphere)since on newer stable not working on of the last Builds on this the scriptmodule works was a the build on this my last Jan'sxbmc4xbox base.
This is a Bug in the newer Stables what less falling the xbox in nirvana the only solution to stop is switch the xbox of (ergo no DEbuglog is accesable).
To the Audio addons on the Repo most of this addons can only works with the DVDplayer not with the paplayer (Bug on the Paplayer) i think so)
Switsch the Default AudioPlayer to DVDPlayer and the addons since working when we she bring to a newer Version.
Problem DVDPlayer cost much more RAM as the Paplayer.
For audio streams we have many Problems on xbmc4xbox most of it can we only stream over the mplayer.

TV-Kino.net site is Down this addon can not working.
Xstream is not uptodate but the newer build working not so nice on xbmc4xbox (that is why i have createt as examle a Kinokiste addon is working faster as the access over xstream and i have on it my own ecostreamresolver (is the only Host and the User must not wait a long time before a other have time to mupdate the addon and push it to the urlresolver Repo)
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

if the swift scriptmodule doesnt work I need info as to why - debug logs etc. in the meantime it should be disabled. that means they have been on the repo for months without every working ?

this post wasn't actually aimed at you. And unfortunately I don't understand all of your post - what does "This is a Bug in the newer Stables what less falling the xbox in nirvana the only solution to stop is switch the xbox of (ergo no DEbuglog is accesable)." mean. it means it crashes ? is there a bug reported on redmine ?

Where sites are down (and have been down for more than a few days) , the addons should be disabled. If you are saying you will do this then great. How long has this stuff been broken for ?
skatulskijean

Post by skatulskijean »

fuck of redmine ticket when we are a team what you say.
Why you not lock when one man from the team say its crash the xbox (what is that for a solution for a teamplayer)
Unfortany the post was not for me.
See you a other what answhere your question.

xbmcswift is on the repo then its works with older xbmc4xbox Versions as exsample on the nightly (Version) from my Jan'sxbmc4xbox and before on the newer builds its crash the xbox and that is not a problem from the xbmcswift (xbox fork).
It is a problem or a bug from the newer xbmc4xbox builds.
Many times i think you have not a xbox and its only a joke to ask member's from the team what you say what we have for a ticket on redmime to fix the sources.
Dom DXecutioner

Post by Dom DXecutioner »

@jan: first, you need to chill with profanity; second, the point is to make things work and provide sufficient information to the dev, including debug logs, just saying something doesn't work is not enough; third, making something work and posting in the forum as oppose to the repo can be counter effective.

This is not an attack but just facts; just like you, everyone has a personal life and work and we have tendency to run out of time and forget the details of something that should be addressed, so please chill with the whole taking this a bit personal!
Dan Dar3

Post by Dan Dar3 »

@Jan
This is a Bug in the newer Stables what less falling the xbox in nirvana the only solution to stop is switch the xbox of (ergo no DEbuglog is accesable).
Actually there is, that's what Q:\xbmc.old.log is, the previous log - it gets renamed every time when you start XBMC4Xbox.
To the Audio addons on the Repo most of this addons can only works with the DVDplayer not with the paplayer (Bug on the Paplayer) i think so)
I believe this is fixable in each addon's code - when adding an entry in a "directory" instead of letting the system choose the player based on type, extension, configuration etc, you can call your own "player" .py script that'll create a specific xbmc.Player() object with the desired "core" for the given url. I've done this before in GameTrailers plugin for example. I don't know where the Python docs are for XBMC4xbox, but this is the one for mainline XBMC.
http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-doc ... tml#Player
fuck of redmine ticket when we are a team what you say.
If you were my customer with that attitude (or even a colleague for that matter), nothing personal, but I would've probably enjoyed asking you for debug logs and screen shares all day until cows come home, even if I knew what was the problem and even how to fix it. You need to calm down and start getting a bit more organized Jan.
Why you not lock when one man from the team say its crash the xbox (what is that for a solution for a teamplayer)
Unfortany the post was not for me.
Buzz probably meant that the post is aimed at normal users, to report issues with with the addons in that list - not to fix them. If you want to report one, you should report it like anyone else, with a debug log. Here's something you might think it's stupid, I create a Redmine ticket and uploaded my own log, isn't that stupid? what was the point in that, I knew what the problem was, and I knew how to replicate it. Maybe, now, yes, but me 3 months from now might not remember all those things, and someone else gets to look at my ticket they got all the information in there.
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

Jan:

yes because teams of people never use bugtrackers..... :roll: the bugtracker is the right place for bugs. I try and find time to look at everything I can. You cannot mention something on the forum, and expect it to be remembered in xx months time by me, or even guarantee I will see it.

And watch out with your language towards me. thanks. You will not get your way or my support by behaving like this.
skatulskijean

Post by skatulskijean »

i postet a ticket on redmine that png's and others not working and nothing .
a other user write the same long time later and scwups BuzZ fix it.
I think i can write what i will but no reaction.

Yes its nice for organisation you have a BugTracker but i think problems what found a Team Member can you lock and solve directly .
When this is a Team.

@ Dandar :

Yes i can switsch the player on the python code from the addon but as exsample when the same on main xbmc is working with the paplayer and on xbmc4xbox not than it this a bug.
And xbmc4xbox is buggy on the audio site of streams.

ok i have again a look on weekend on the old debuglog when xbmc crash bye using a xbmcswift addon.

I say what i think and not what i not think is the only right way on live.
i have not the time to say nothing and wait that the problems go from self.
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

skatulskijean wrote:i postet a ticket on redmine that png's and others not working and nothing .
a other user write the same long time later and scwups BuzZ fix it.
I think i can write what i will but no reaction.
I hadn't realised they were the same issue, and I happened to notice the png issue myself with the second report - you could have perhaps linked on the new ticket that it was the same issue and that it had resolved yours for example. That would have been helpful - more helpful than moaning about it now. The issue is now fixed so why the whining. I shall go and close your ticket then - which could have been done earlier.

I am fed up with your constant attitude on the forum. Either play nice, or play elsewhere.
seriouslycgi

Post by seriouslycgi »

tension in this thread,

need to stop this now as you are both very important to xbmc4xbox and its users, buzz you do an amazing job at getting this software to work on a dinosaur of a console it blows me away that its still updated and running, jan (and other add-on maintainers) you bring the addons into line with what buzz does and that too is amazing, it is a wonder they work at all but they do and they do well, everyone here loves what both of you do and appreciate you both, we would hate to see you both fight as you are both intelligent programmers making many people happy. cultural difference, translation, and maybe a little life stress, seems to be making you too butt heads slightly, instead of communicating efficiently for your fans. please stop or we all lose.

i think maybe a panel could be formed to make decisions one could be the decision maker from the xbmc4xbox development team (buzz) one could be the most frequent add-on contributer from that perspective (jan) and one could be a frequent forum member for the user only perspective. this way if there is ever a disagreement there could be a vote. you could have meetings to discuss any directions the xbmc4xbox as a whole (including add-ons etc) is going, and if there is tension on any decisions you could start a poll on the forums or have people email their thoughts to all three panel members in a web-form.

its just a shame that you guys dont get to use your xbox's that much or you dont use these add-ons very often to know they glitch. but this is the problem with ever changing websites like [removed] who i guess change their api or url every 5 minutes.

over all xbmc4xbox is by far the most amazing software ive ever used, before that it was linux for me. you guys all make it happen from buzz developing to the add-ons, without just 1 of you guys the whole thing would not be the same, hopefully there is some common place you guys can get to as the project works, and is incredible, and that what it should be about, you guys are so successful but you cant do it alone.
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

I appreciate you trying to intervene, but it isn't going to work like this. Everyone else involved in the project already discuss stuff and work fine together (we often chat on teamspeak too). This isn't just a translation or misunderstanding thing. This has happened time and time again. It just needs to stop.

BTW I use my XBOX all the time, but I don't run all the addons all the time. many are not even useful for my geographic location. I do run / test / update all the addons I maintain though. Unfortunately this thread has not gone the route it was designed, to get user feedback on current addons. Unfortunately it is often me who gets contacted with messages like "none of the addons work" without specific information, hence my attempt to get it sorted which do and dont work.
seriouslycgi

Post by seriouslycgi »

as you can tell i dont know much about whats actually going on i have just seen many projects abandoned over the years and it hurts everyone involved.

i wish i had the time (6 kids) and knowledge to add jans (and others) work to the repo for him if thats the problem, then edit his threads to tell users to update via the repo system.

but to get back ontrack ill add any bugs and logs i come across with add-ons to this thread, thanks buzz.

without this feedback you can ever know whats still functional in the add-ons, the addons4xbmc4xbox system is great it just exactly what you are asking for in this thread, so ill do what i can to help.
Last edited by seriouslycgi on Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

appreciated thanks.
Dan Dar3

Post by Dan Dar3 »

Jan,
Yes its nice for organisation you have a BugTracker but i think problems what found a Team Member can you lock and solve directly .
Maybe not the right place, but I think there's still some value to this story - I had this manager, and it was me an my colleague working for him. He didn't believe much in tickets and keeping track on work, so we used to discuss issues as they came along, while I was working mainly on this area and all was perfectly fine, cause I used to create tickets for everything I done, even if he didn't. And at some point, he assigned me to something else, while he gave my old work to someone else. BUT, because he didn't search for existing tickets and why we made some of the changes we made, he was just telling this other developer to do this and that. To find out at a later stage discussing with this other developer (who also happened to be my friend) that a lot of the things I used to do were either undone or re-done, just because the manager forgot what we discussed at the time and why we made the decisions we made. I showed him the tickets and he was like, wtf, why he didn't tell me about this? Why, because he couldn't remember all the stuff. Point is, keeping track on work, issues and decisions through tickets saves you from a lot of people being busy for no particular reason, and wondering later, why the hell did we make a change.

Yes, it might look like unnecessary overhead, it might seem that a developer might just like the "paper work", but it's not about that - it's about documenting everything along the way, even with the littlest details that you can put into a ticket, it may be useful later.
... when the same on main xbmc is working with the paplayer and on xbmc4xbox not than it this a bug.
And I agree with you - find a scenario where it doesn't work, create a ticket, and fix it yourself or let someone else to fix it. It will get eventually found, referenced and someone might say, hey I've seen this being fixed in mainline, this is where. Keep the discussion between yourself and another person, and it will stay just that, a discussion. We all disconnect from this project and then come back when we have some time, this is exactly what the tickets are, they allow you to hook back in when you get some time to look at it.

@All
Although this thread developed into something else, it is an opportunity to grow :-) Let's all agree to meet in the middle - if most of us say lets get organized and create tickets, let's do that. If you think PAPlayer or some other player requires attention, let's create a ticket and focus on that. I can't get you all focused on what I'd like to see fixed (TakeScreenshot HTTP API wink wink nudge nudge :-)), but I create a ticket to which maybe some else might have an idea, or I might find a fix and close it later. Let's all play nice and can still drive this forward, maybe even learn something along the way.
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

I've actually been working on the screenshot bug for the last 2 hours :) Traced it back to VFS and DirectoryCache::Exists - testing some patches from upstream that should fix it. Funnily enough this has only been fixed upstream quite recently (Although im still debugging to make sure this is a correct fix). Quite an important bug really, just triggered via this from opening a file in Z:/

[edit] hmm now im not so sure. still debugging. anyway it is a file open issue when files are on Z:/ I'll update ticket when I have something.
Dan Dar3

Post by Dan Dar3 »

Thanks Buzz. This is the perfect example, I saw it broke for a while, it used to work sometimes and then I used to drop it again. Till the other day when I wanted to add some screenshots to a wiki page that I gave as a reference to a user and thought, hey he might actually get it better if the page had a screenshot to it (like the mainline has). It eventually worked, but not always the first time around, only after a bit of navigation back and forth through the application (my bad I should've mentioned in the ticket, it actually worked after creating the ticket - well, the process is not perfect, but at least it's something). Point is, you got it sooner to it, I didn't have to badger you or anyone else, I just put in the pool, I was going to look at it again this weekend, thought maybe there was a problem with CXImage, maybe to look at the new JPEG library, maybe see if it's worth switching to PNG like mainline and so on.

PS: This thread probably requires a re-birth into what it was meant to be in the first place, but I feel we made some progress, into whatever direction that may be :-)
skatulskijean

Post by skatulskijean »

@ Buzz

I am fed up with your constant attitude on the forum. Either play nice, or play elsewhere. (English)

play nice bring here nothing .
A little fire in the words, so it seems at least, brought you here from the bedroom.
Yes say what you think but you are not xbmc4xbox.

But this thread is for Debug's from not working addons then lets start.

scriptmodule.xbmcswift addons on the xbmc4xbox repo (This since the addons what only can working when the scriptmodule on xbmc4xbox works again)

Yes i have not a debug log on the moment but it is 7.00 on the Morning (ther bug report follow later)

- Vimcast.org
- dokumonster.de
- Songs.to
- Netzkino
- HD Trailer.net
- documentary.net
- Al Jazeera
- College Humor
- dump.com
- Nasa Video
- Wimp.com
- Radio
- myVideo

Regards jan
chunk1982

Post by chunk1982 »

This is why god created weed lads, go have a coffee and a joint and chill.
You all do copious amounts of work for xbmc4xbox and its community, and the stress that must go with that as well as "real life" stress must take its toll on you.
Just remember everything you do is very much appreciated

All the best

Paul
skatulskijean

Post by skatulskijean »

@ Buzz

was little bussy with work on my main xbmc addons (ecostream change 3 x on 24 h) and others!
-Ticket for not working xbmcswift addons have i added
I go on this time addon for addon on the repo and fix what is fixable momently "Digitaly imported".
ok its working again with the latest Version 2.12.
But i think we have a Bug with acceabillty from the the thumbs icons again (i fix first all and look then again) , when it is a Bug i make a ticket later.

Regards Jan
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

thanks. appreciated.