Not a single script is working

Requests, suggestions, support, and everything else python / plugin related.
funkymonkey

Not a single script is working

Post by funkymonkey »

Oh please help me (exclamation mark) please (EXCLAMATION MARK). i have looked and looked and i can not find adequate information. Im not too, err "techy" when it comes to this stuff but i know that i have used addons4xbox installer and still no script or plugin works. My xbox is a hard modded duo x3 (what it says when i boots up everytime) with a 250 GB HDD. i have, i guess updated the XBMC (i merely, while i was NOT running xbmc, swaped out the XBMC folder for a new one) i'm really lost but all i know is that this xbox is pretty old (perhaps 2009 or 08). im not sure how to give log information but i will try my best. i'll try my best to look at this post everyday for a response ^.^ i don't know what else to say other than everything works except the plugins, cause either there is a script error (on the ones i installed from zip) or it freezes when i run a script installed by addons4xbox and even those sometimes have a script error xP i want to vomit, this is so annoying >_< :evil: :evil: :evil: please help :mrgreen:
Kozz

Re: Not a single script is working

Post by Kozz »

First I must ask you to give us a debug log, information on that is here http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/forum/viewt ... p?f=6&t=65

And I must ask what addons are not working for you ? did you install them from the xbmc.ORG section of the addonsInstaller or from the XBMC4XBOX section ? Just in case you dont know only the xbmc4xbox section of addons are built to work on xbox and are supported here. All other sections are at your own risk and may or may not function on xbox. If you would like a specific addon perhaps posting a request in the addon development thread for the team here to consider adapting it for you.

Hope this helps
funkymonkey

Post by funkymonkey »

umm not sure if this is the proper URL but : http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=c2q6Vz3E <--this is the ones that dont freeze up the xbox, first i tried [removed], script fail. Then i tried 8 art something ... it does nothing. then i tried tou.tv it freezes up. This is the log for that one : http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=d52V2cje <--this is where it freezes up. i hope i did this right xP

and to answer your question. i got [removed] from a manually downloaded repository. same with icefilms. (i didnt try that one in the log) then i got tou.tv and 8 art something from passion- XBMC.org. Then revision 3, blip.tv and youtube i got from XBMC.org. i Put those in a seperate script ---> http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=2QiVaYsH

I saw an addon list entitled: XBMC.4.XBOX.org as well i got collegehumor from there i could have also gotten youtube from there, dont remember
thanks for the quick reply
sahib12

Post by sahib12 »

Dude, get all your addons from the xbmc4xbox repo. Go onto programs, then go to program plugins, go to addons for xbox, get addons, then there should be 3 entries: xbmc.org; passion(or something like that); and there should be xbmc4xbox. Go onto xbmc4xbox and get all your addons like 1 channel from there. They should all work. You can try other addons from other sources like you did but it is not advised as most of them are not compatible with the xbox. Some are, but to be honest its easier to stick with the ones on the repo.
funkymonkey

Post by funkymonkey »

hmmmm, you have led me in the right direction, cause i just downloaded a bunch of plugins from xbmc4xbox. there are some that actually open up, and im still toying with those. However there still are some that do not work... now some these same problems arise in the PC version of xbmc but i found a way to get that working... how do you think i could get this working, on the xbox i mean... v_v preferably [removed]... cause i love [removed]

now in this log i deleted [removed] and other plugins, installed a bunch including the ones i deleted, then i tried to open them up, some worked some didn't. lol im on the right path --> http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=bB64etRb
sahib12

Post by sahib12 »

Ah ok, if the pc version is not working then it probably won't work on the xbox. You say you got some of them working on PC, how did you get it working on PC? and what addons are giving you errors? Some addons on the repo are not being maintained for some reason (maybe because the devs are a bit busy) but most of them should work. 1 channel should deffo work, did you download it from the xbmc4xbox repo? If you have then go to 1channels settings (press the white button then go to addon settings) and check the source, it should be 'http://www.primewire.ag/' If it is not then change it until it is. Sorry i probably could help you more if i understood what debug codes mean but i have no idea lol
sahib12

Post by sahib12 »

oh and by the way... 1 channel is great but there are much better addons (in my opinion) to watch movies and tv shows.

Movie25 (for movies): http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/forum/viewt ... =17&t=1723
and
StreamAllThis(for tv shows): http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/forum/viewt ... =17&t=1147

these ones are zip files so when you go to programs plugins you have to install by zip
Xphazer

Post by Xphazer »

Can't beat [removed] for TV shows, especially old ones. Not even comparable.
Last time I checked [removed] had about 8x the amount of titles compared to StreamAllThis.
Make sure your URLresolver is up to date. No need to worry about that on a fresh install, but the repo version was updated last week.
funkymonkey

Post by funkymonkey »

well 1 i got PC version working by installing XBMCHUB maintenance plugin then applying a fix from that. XBMCHUB maintenance plugin does not work on my xbox (script error)...but perhaps there is an updated one on the internet cause i had it saved on my computer as a zip file soo i'll check on that

secondly, movie25 and streamallthis i found on the app list... not sure if i have to get it from zip...
movie25 and steamallthis: when ever i look for a movie or tv show on both the list has nothing on it, i just click on an option and nothing shows... perhaps im not being patient? or what?

thirdly, I also did the source changing, script still failed on [removed].

and finally i wouldn't even know how to make sure the URLresovler is up to date LOL

thank you very much for your replies tho. wouldn't have gotten this far without you guys anywasy ^.^ Kozz told me to tell the dev team of [removed] and such to ask for a version for xbox, if they don't already have one but... how do i do that... i'll google it ^.^
sahib12

Post by sahib12 »

Yeah, streamallthis and movie25 has not been updated on the repo app list therefore the working versions are the zip files. True Xphazer [removed] is great but for less popular shows its not so good as it doesn't have many links, dont get me wrong for relatively popular shows its awesome