Script Error - Help

Requests, suggestions, support, and everything else python / plugin related.
dekd

Script Error - Help

Post by dekd »

Good Morning,

Would someone with a little more know how than me be kind enough to look at my log file please.
I decided to update one of my Xbox units with pretty much everything and anything I could find on here but have now lost the use of Sportsdevil.

I'd not really bothered so much as the main use of the units at home was for connecting to a NAS drive but I do like to grab some live sports. I have tried to update to 1.8.5.7 but no joy. In fact, after playing for a good hour, I can not get past 1.4.8.2. All other previous versions work fine though. Even with the fixes that are available for catchers etc, it seems to struggle as I believe the later versions manage urls / goto's etc
Hoping it's something simple or generic to XBMC, hence trying for a little help on here and I'm really keen to take advantage of some of the more up to date tweaks if possible.

The plugin will not start - anything above 1.4.8.2 and throws this error at start - Error script failed.
Initially it was throwing a hashlib error but I managed to stumble past that by copying the files from another plugin, so I'm making some progress. I just can't quite understand the error in the log file. Something about github and language??

My log is here Xbox XBMC.log

http://pastebin.com/1j3enykv

Thanks in advance to anyone who can offer some input perhaps are trying to interpret my log file.

< Not sure If this was the best place for the post over general, feel free to move and apologies in in wrong location >
skatulskijean

Re: Script Error - Help

Post by skatulskijean »

Hi!

You can delet the import on the syncmanger.py

File "Q:\plugins\video\plugin.video.SportsDevil1857\lib\syncManager.py", line 10, in ?
import utils.githubUtils as github

the githubutils since not python 2.4 compatible and that is the python Version from a stable xbmc4xbox or you switch to a nightly build what have a integrated python 2.7 and i think it is working .

On python 2.4 since inline if not working " args = {} if language is GithubObject.NotSet else {"language": language}"
She since implemeted with python Version =< 2.5

on Python 2.4 the following code works:

Code: Select all

if language is GithubObject.NotSet:
    args = {}
else:
   args =  {"language": language}
But it since many inline if's on the githubutils so i think a switch to a nightly is better !

Regards Jan
dekd

Post by dekd »

TY :)!!!!!
Wow dude, worked, removed the import bits from syncmanager.py and changed your code on the other !! PERFECTO !!

Thank you very much taking time to help with this!
Nearly there now with all plugins up to date, just to to do battle with navi x now.

Thanks again, it's appreciated!
skatulskijean

Post by skatulskijean »

nice !

What is the problem with navix?

Regards Jan
johnny b

Post by johnny b »

dekd wrote:TY :)!!!!!
Wow dude, worked, removed the import bits from syncmanager.py and changed your code on the other !! PERFECTO !!
Hello,

I have the same problem with SportsDevil, but apparently I have also less skills in coding / editing code.
Could you please spend a few words on how to do these two things?

Thank you so much for your help!

johnny
dekd

Post by dekd »

skatulskijean wrote:nice !

Regards Jan
I'm trying to apply a fix that uses a 24 hour cache until the navi x site is working again.
Is it ok to link to the xbmchub post that I'm trying to follow? To avoid any rules issues, a search on any engine with this 'Navi-X Playlist Mirror! No more waiting for 24 hour' brings up the post/tutorial.
I'm basically trying to add a playlist or favourite and have managed it easily on Windows and IOS but just can't get it working on the xbox?
The playlist is this -
type=playlist
name=Madwiz92 24 Hours Cached Playlist! FAST!
thumb=http://xbmchub.com/images/index-logo.png
URL=https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/kt5 ... ycache.plx
#
I have simply added this text to both the playlist and favourite .plx files. When I access either from the menu, I get script error.
I'm using navix 0.3.6 from the repo and it already has the whufclee fix / mirror but with navix being down, this cached playlist is hopefully a work around...

Log attached -
http://pastebin.com/VpLJnkQ8

Thanks again for this!
dekd

Post by dekd »

johnny b wrote:
Hello,

I have the same problem with SportsDevil, but apparently I have also less skills in coding / editing code.

johnny
I can try and talk you through my steps but it would only be good so long as you had the exact same issues in your log file? Alternatively, I could post to file hosting site my two edited .py files following Jan's advice with some steps for location on your xbox etc?

D
skatulskijean

Post by skatulskijean »

dekd wrote:
skatulskijean wrote:nice !

Regards Jan
I'm trying to apply a fix that uses a 24 hour cache until the navi x site is working again.
Is it ok to link to the xbmchub post that I'm trying to follow? To avoid any rules issues, a search on any engine with this 'Navi-X Playlist Mirror! No more waiting for 24 hour' brings up the post/tutorial.
I'm basically trying to add a playlist or favourite and have managed it easily on Windows and IOS but just can't get it working on the xbox?
The playlist is this -
type=playlist
name=Madwiz92 24 Hours Cached Playlist! FAST!
thumb=http://xbmchub.com/images/index-logo.png
URL=https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/kt5 ... ycache.plx
#
I have simply added this text to both the playlist and favourite .plx files. When I access either from the menu, I get script error.
I'm using navix 0.3.6 from the repo and it already has the whufclee fix / mirror but with navix being down, this cached playlist is hopefully a work around...

Log attached -
http://pastebin.com/VpLJnkQ8

Thanks again for this!
My bad i have no stable xbmcbuild running i install it fresh and have than a look.
but i think i understand what is wrong but i will look on a stable.

Regards Jan
dekd

Post by dekd »

Jan !
Fixed.... I got some help from the chap who put up the playlist madwiz92...
He helped point of a stupid error on my part :oops: I was not using a proper and up to date nightly, I made a mistake when I selected a new build and did not select the most recent xbmc4xbox nightly doh!
Behind the scenes, I think they may have tweaked to plugin on the repo???

Got there in the end and appreciate the offer of help, but do not want you to spend time on this as it is working for me.

WHUFCLEE from here and Madwiz92 from xbmchub got me fixed in the end so thanks to all three of you !

Great stuff ! ! !
johnny b

Post by johnny b »

dekd wrote:
johnny b wrote:
Hello,

johnny
I can try and talk you through my steps but it would only be good so long as you had the exact same issues in your log file? Alternatively, I could post to file hosting site my two edited .py files following Jan's advice with some steps for location on your xbox etc?

D
Thank you for your message!
The log file is not exactly the same: errors in .py files are at different lines; i have uploaded the log file here:

http://pastebin.com/UvjL43uB
skatulskijean

Post by skatulskijean »

import hashlib
ImportError: No module named hashlib

on python 2.4 give it no hashlib module.
Change to a nightly build with python 2.7 .

Regards Jan
johnny b

Post by johnny b »

skatulskijean wrote: Change to a nightly build with python 2.7 .

Regards Jan
Thank you very much! I manage to run the plugin!

Now I need to find out how to run the streams..
cannellizer

Post by cannellizer »

I wanted to jump in on this topic as I am trying to get Sports Devil working as well. I've read through the posts and taken the steps to upgrade to the latest Nightly of XBMC. This actually helped me get into the Sports Devil Plugin, whereas before, it would just error out before I could get in. So that is a plus.

The next issue I had was the "No Stream Available" problem when I click a sports link (Example, Baseball>Team A vs. Team B>Link 1)

So I found a tutorial for the "No Stream Available" fix on youtube, where you download and replace the Custom folder, catchers folder, and modules folder within the Sports Devil data. This fixed the "No stream Available" problem. But now when I click a link, it tries to load up and then eventually just stops, with no message.

Whufclee, I know you mentioned that offsidestreams is pretty much the only option for sports, but I did get sportsdevil to work and play sports on my android powered device, so I decided to come back and see if I couldn't get it going on my xbox as well.

Thanks folks
whufclee

Post by whufclee »

Yeah don't get me wrong mate I love sportsdevil. It's just that it's so unreliable, these websites it scrapes keep changing their security which in turn breaks the addon. Max has so much work to do in order to keep the addon up and running I take my hat off to him! Also because it's free you'll struggle to find anything of decent quality on there, and by that I mean no buffering and quality that's not too pixelated. Oh and getting thrown out of a stream halfway through watching an event due to "copywrite infringement" is VERY annoying.

By the way I heard a rumour that offsidestreams will soon be closing subscriptions so if anyone did want to sign up now would be the time. All the other ones out there have already closed subs and most likely won't re-open until the middle of next year so if you're dithering on whether or not to take the chance get it while you can! It's a monthly payment of £4.99 and you can cancel whenever you want so at worst you've lost a fiver (and got 30 or so premium channels for a month including all the SKY sports and movies ones).
cannellizer

Post by cannellizer »

Whufclee,

I feel like you are a representative of the site. You make good points for it. I just don't think I would use it enough to get my money's worth. I basically just watch the braves games. Baseball season is coming to an end anyway (aside from playoffs). I just have a buddy who wants me to see if i can get it working for his xbox.
At any rate, thanks for the info.
whufclee

Post by whufclee »

lol, no I don't have anything to do with the site but over the years I have tried pretty much every one of these kind of sites and this is one of the best I've come across. The fact that it works on xbox is just the icing on the cake for me :)

Navi-X is up and running again now so that might be a good option for you, either that or veetle if you don't have any luck with sportsdevil.
cannellizer

Post by cannellizer »

Hah, yeah I was just kidding about what I said about you being a rep from that site. I can tell you are very devout to it though. Maybe I'll give it a shot just to check it out. You said that I could cancel my subscription any time right? So I am assuming I'll have to use a credit card (as opposed to paypal). I'd just like to check it out, so just do it for a month i suppose. Under the details tab on the site it reads in there "you can watch your favorite teams in EVERY sport". Is this accurate? Sorry about putting you through the gauntlet, but you use it, so I'm assuming you know your way around it. Would I be able to watch all the Atlanta Braves games? And what about College and NFL Football games?

PS- I just found a video by you on Youtube! You're all over the net. that is the 2nd place I've randomly bumped into you!

Thanks Lee
whufclee

Post by whufclee »

If it does say "you can watch your favorite teams in EVERY sport" then that's a little misleading. Yes you can watch every sport simply due to the massive amount of sports channels on there, they do cover every sport. They don't cover every live sports event though, that would be pretty much impossible! They do however show all the major events and every English Premier League game plus whatever you get on all the channels that are shown 24/7. I'd say there's a good chance some of the stuff you want is going to be shown on some of the channels but you'd have to take a look at the schedules of each channel before signing up and see if they do cover what you want.

As for the payment I know they have literally this week just been changing over to a new payment company that should allow for easy cancellation. Before you just had to email them and they would take you off the system but they've become rather big so need to automate it all now and have it a bit more professional looking.
markybhoy75

Post by markybhoy75 »

I can vouch for this site to. Quality is great for less than a packet of fags per month.