Weather Plugin/Addon wont work

Requests, suggestions, support, and everything else python / plugin related.
DOOMSLAYER1999

Weather Plugin/Addon wont work

Post by DOOMSLAYER1999 »

Yahoo Weather,Weather Muliti,Weather Gismeteo,Open Weather Plugin wont work on XBMC4XBOX V3.6 dev does anyone know what to do to fix this??
MasterChief2

Re: Weather Plugin/Addon wont work

Post by MasterChief2 »

New release of XBMC4Xbox is coming soon so be patient. Weather is fixed. I can send you in PM default.xbe which has fixed Weather if you want to test it. And here is a a new plugin for weather. I used that before I fixed weather inside XBMC
GoTeamScotch

Post by GoTeamScotch »

MasterChief2 wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:08 pm New release of XBMC4Xbox is coming soon
Wut?

Details?
Remember kids, always zero-ize your HDD key!
XadPT

Post by XadPT »

MasterChief2 wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:08 pm New release of XBMC4Xbox is coming soon so be patient. Weather is fixed. I can send you in PM default.xbe which has fixed Weather if you want to test it. And here is a a new plugin for weather. I used that before I fixed weather inside XBMC
Hello there, any news about the Xbmc update? will it have the new kodi skin Estuary? best regards
MasterChief2

Post by MasterChief2 »

New version will have Python 2.7.18, OpenSSL 1.0.2u (which will remove need of proxy for YT plugin) and Weather fix. Estuary skin is WIP and there is a really small chances of making it work. I'm trying to port some stuff from Kodi v17 but without any luck.
hal9000

Post by hal9000 »

As a curiosity, I have done many tests. This plugin works perfect in English, Spanish, Italian, German, Dutch, but it only works halfway with French or Portuguese. I have verified that it was not a fault in the XBMC languages and the problem does not come from there.
MasterChief2

Post by MasterChief2 »

What do you mean it's not working? You select your country and it's fetching US values or it became completely broken?
PainterSophia

Post by PainterSophia »

hal9000 wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 10:53 am As a curiosity, I have done many tests. This plugin works perfect in English, Spanish, Italian, German, Dutch, but it only works halfway with French or Portuguese. I have verified that it was not a fault in the XBMC languages and the problem does not come from there.
That's good that you tried those tests, this detail will help in future as well for other users too.
I want to know that only French or Portuguese languages are not working properly?
MasterChief2

Post by MasterChief2 »

API which we are using doesn't support all regions. When we are sending HTTP request to fetch data I am passing region from XBMC settings. If that region is not supported by API it will automatically fallback to USA. I can't help you more without more information on what's happening and some video/images on what is expacted behavior should be.
hal9000

Post by hal9000 »

[youtube]https://youtu.be/jq2oLrA7Ww4[/youtube]
Work 100% Spanish, English, Dutch, German, Serbian & Italian
In Catalan language, work ok, but some messages are en english even though the language configuration files are correct
Not work in French & Portuguese
MasterChief2

Post by MasterChief2 »

Hmm, that's strange, I will need to take a look on that one. But anyway, in new build Weather is fixed internally so you won't have that problem. New build will be available somewhere in the summer (july/avgust). I don't know if BuZz will have time to review all changes because there's gonna be a lot of them. My plan is to update GUILIB to match at least Kodi v17 Krypton and currently I'm dealing with Dirty Regions. But I had great success as of now. I was also thinking of releasing unofficial build or better call it fork of XBMC4Xbox called just XBMC or XBMC4Xbox Redux. But I'm gonna first speak with BuZz and his plans on future of XBMC4Xbox.