Absolute Beginner

Requests, suggestions, support, and everything else python / plugin related.
Nezza

Absolute Beginner

Post by Nezza »

Hi

This is my first post so I don't yet know the protocols of the forum.

I have a xbox with xbmc already installed but no navi-x.

How do I get navi-x onto the xbox? I would assume it needs to be connected to the internet.

Forgive the "wet behind the ears" questions :D
sixties keith

Re: Absolute Beginner

Post by sixties keith »

hello and welcome to the forum,

firstly this should have been posted in general help and tutorials and not guides and tutorials maybe im wrong but im sure a mod will be along to sort that out.

really depends on what xbmc build your using, if its a new build simply go to the addonsforxbox installer in your plugins folder, get addons, xbmc4xbox add-ons. The script version is in scripts but i think there is also a plugin version in videos but im unsure. Also note there is a llist of working addons in the addons status above ^)

however if i remember correctly if you are using an older build you have to delete the old cached files from Q:/XBMC/userdata/plugins/programs/addons4xboxinstaller

all info to get you going - http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/forum/viewt ... ?f=7&t=897

120gb hdd, vinyl magma skin, front lights, side strip lights, clear jewel mod with lights, ir dongle mod, hdd indicator. X3 with LCD many mods inc custom x3 jewel.
Nezza

Post by Nezza »

Many thanks

Will putting the new repo installer on the xbox wipe my retro game collection?
sixties keith

Post by sixties keith »

no its simply a plugin that installs video/music/script plugins etc....

Its done directly to the xbox hdd to erase the need of manually downloading the plugins your looking for from the internet and having to ftp them to the xbox hdd.

120gb hdd, vinyl magma skin, front lights, side strip lights, clear jewel mod with lights, ir dongle mod, hdd indicator. X3 with LCD many mods inc custom x3 jewel.
Nezza

Post by Nezza »

I've put XBMC4Xbox onto the Xbox via FTP, I can access the plugins but can't open them. For example Navi-x won't open and Xbox international doesn't download programme info.

The xbox is connected to the net via powerline adaptors if thats any help.
sixties keith

Post by sixties keith »

debut log mate cant see anything about it. did you download the programs through the addons4xbox installer or did you ftp them over?

edit - if you did ftp the plugin s in make sure there not in double;e folders. Ive had plugins in the past contained in 2 folders which didn't work. for example it should be navi x folder then its contents not a folder inside a folder before the files if you understand what im talking about

Nezza

Post by Nezza »

This is what I did:

I used flash ftp to transfer the files to my xbox and put them in the same folder as a pre-existing copy of XBMC. (Forgot the folder :oops: )

Then I rebooted the xbox and then went to the folder with the "new" XMBC in it.

I was able to open the repos and add files but can't get anything on them.
sixties keith

Post by sixties keith »

again im really not sure mate need a debug log to see whats going on behind the scenes. if your putting a new copy of xbmc on make sure you put it in the apps folder and name it differently that the original xbmc contained in apps then use the file manager to launch the newer xbmc.

not sure whats going on tbh (so post a debug log on pastebin and provide a link) http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/forum/viewt ... p?f=6&t=65

also it could be your ftping to the new build and still using the old one but im not sure

Nezza

Post by Nezza »

Evening

Sit-Rep is this:

I've managed to access the new xbmc through avalanche (going through Media Centre resulted in an "your xbox doesn't recognise this disc" message.

Navi-X script is running and I'm currently trying to get stations on XBMC International.

Its just so slow.
sixties keith

Post by sixties keith »

you still havent posted a debug log please read my previous post - i even provided a link on how to do it.

your xbox doesn't recognize this disk - are you trying to run this from a dvd or something? never heard that one before lol

Its simple and you don't need to use avalaunch.

If your using an old xbmc build load it as normal then ftp the new xbmc to the same folder as your current xbmc but rename it xbmc2 or xbmcnew or something like that. once completed use the file manager to manually boot the new xbmc using the default.xbe contained in the root of the new xbmc folder. now your on the new xbmc if it works rename the old xbmc xbmc old boot that xbmc and rename the xbmcnew or whatever you named it just XMBC agaiun and this will then this xbmc will boot.

also remember the new xbmc builds contain the xbmc4xbox addons installer

Nezza

Post by Nezza »

I'm so sorry, I didn't see the post re the log. I'll take care of it tonight :oops: :D
Nezza

Post by Nezza »

sixties keith

Post by sixties keith »

all im getting is one line from the link about a pic in your screenshots folder!!!!

its need to be complete log - try reading this again http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/forum/viewt ... p?f=6&t=65

Nezza

Post by Nezza »

Ok try this: Sorry for being a pain :oops:
http://pastebin.ca/2408802
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

The actual contents of those files would be more useful than a list of them :)
Nezza

Post by Nezza »

BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

A few things to do/rule out:

1) this is an old release - you should get a newer build - have a look here http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/forum/viewforum.php?f=9
2) don't install in a folder with spaces in the name
3) make sure you have free space on the partition.
4) if above fails, you may need to reformat the E: partition and reinstall.
Nezza

Post by Nezza »

Eureka! It works perfectly. Thank you so much.

I still need help though. How can I get the "justin-tv" script working? :)
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

Excellent. Which step fixed it?

Feel free to open a new thread regarding plugins in the python scripts help forum
Nezza

Post by Nezza »

The first three steps. A lot of old game saves were hogging the memory so clearing them helped.

I'll start a thread on justin.tv on the python forums

Thanks again.