Besides addons 4 xbox what is required 4 working streaming?

Requests, suggestions, support, and everything else python / plugin related.
00diabolic

Besides addons 4 xbox what is required 4 working streaming?

Post by 00diabolic »

Hello,

I am new to this whole streaming plugin stuff and wonder what if anything I am missing if anything at all. I am looking for a setup guide and originally followed the addons 4 xbox topic to get where I am now. The issue is I see a lot of things that don't work and wonder what if anything I am missing. Of course I know all of these plugins are a work in progress and a lot of websites keep changing etc. I also have XBMC on android and can see some things work over there like free cable that does not work at all on the xbox. Anyway I'll outline my biggest concerns below in hopes of getting some clues on how to resolve them.

1. Plugin Settings etc within plugins like stream all these do not work? For example stream all this has resolver settings and when I open that up the menu is blank with the words softer on the right of the screen and ok and close at the bottom but no way to navigate within the menu. All I can do is back out. Other plugins have the exact same blank menus. Is this something I am missing? Or not supported on the xbox?

2. How do I setup the plugins to use the hard drive to cache? Or better yet one of the 750mb cache drives forced on us by the xbox setup? Z, X drive etc.

3. What settings are best in advanced settings xml? Has anyone got a pre-configured advanced settings xml that includes settings for streaming? I've got mine setup best for playing back divx content but not sure what has to be changed.

Thanks for all the help. Love xbmc4xbox.. We all know the value of our xbox here.. Long live the xbox & its hacked & moddified roots in XBMC..

00D
skatulskijean

Re: Besides addons 4 xbox what is required 4 working streami

Post by skatulskijean »

First when you will help yourself with the addons or Plugins then learn python!
Why :
All the addons scripts and Plugins since python scripts!
All what is on the xbmc4xbox repo since adapted addons scripts and scriptmodule from main XBMC(main xbmc python 2.6-2.7 w e have python 2.4)
or addons from me or KozZ writen for xbmc4xbox as example my StreamAllThis Addon!
Xbmc have more manpower and a great python addons and script Developer Base!
On the xbmc4xbox repo working 3 mans BuZZ,KOzZ and I.

StreamAllThis is my addon a xbmc4xbox addon .
i have it to Day updated again !
I work with a nightly and i have it not tested on the last stableBuild!
Please install the new Beta from xbmc4xbox and its works!

The Settings (urlresolver settings ) works to!!!!!
The urlresover settings on my streamallthis addons since only important to change realdebrid and premiumnize.me off thats putlocker works!

Regards Jan
00diabolic

Post by 00diabolic »

skatulskijean Thanks for your hard work and keeping the xbmc4xbox scene alive. VERY much appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok looks like I do have everything installed that im supposed to have installed. I have checked some of these scripts on android xbmc and still have issues with [removed] as the site can not be resolved (site issue I know).

That also explains why free cable does not work then when it works on android. Stream all this is the most fictional with most things working.

Is there any reason why the xbox can't have python 2.6/2.7? Is it a ram limitation?

I am waiting for Xphazer to respond to the other question about caching? Still I wonder if we can use the z,x,y drives for caching and if not why not?

Thanks AGAIN!!!
skatulskijean

Post by skatulskijean »

Python 2.4 was the last intgrated python Version on xbmc(main xbmc)
Main xbmc switched than to a extern solution what on xbmc4xbox not works than we have no OperatingSystem as Base
to running python!
I have look why she change this the problem was that the tktinter on a INTERN PYTHON BRINGS PROBLEM BY ACCESSING THUMBNAILS FROM THE WEB AND CRASH!

i HAVE READ THAT A PYTHON 2.5 SOLUTION(INTERN ON XBMC4XBOX WORKS BUT I HAVE NOT FOUND A EXAMPLE FOR THIS )!

REGARDS JAN