VideoDevil - 'Module object has no attribute quote"

Requests, suggestions, support, and everything else python / plugin related.
itsalive

VideoDevil - 'Module object has no attribute quote"

Post by itsalive »

Just upgraded to 3.2.1, Fantastic work guys, I never thought the old xbox would see life this long.

I've installed VideoDevil but am getting the message in the title, Can anyone help?

Cheers.
skatulskijean

Re: VideoDevil - 'Module object has no attribute quote"

Post by skatulskijean »

hi !

First xbmc 4xbox and main xbmc since different!
This mean most of the addons what works on main xbmc !
works not out of the box on xbmc4xbox to!

Why:

We have different python Version xbmc4xbox version 2.4., xbmcmain 2.7 (Frodo)
xbmcmain and xbmc4xbox have a own python module collection the code on this module and the future she have since different!
This same is it with the skinning Energine!
Next problem a addon have dependencies main xbmc and xbmc4xbox solve this problem with install the dependencies automatic .
The different is by xbmc4xbox only the downloads over the addon4xbox Intaller from the xbmc4xbox repo ,what is on default on the xbmc4xbox stable can access the dependencies for the addons complete !
When you install or copy a addon from a other repo its can not work!
As example when you install he Youtube addon over the main xbmc repo (xbmc.org) it installed the youtube addon and the dependencies like
scriptmodule parsedom and other on your xbox but the addon (youtube and the dependencies since not xbmc4xbox compatibel and its can not work,
Install the same addon from the xbmc4xbox repo its installed the addons and dependencies from the addon what we or i have adapted to work on xbmc4xbox to and its works!

ok we since by your Problem the addon what you have installed will not work but nobody can help without a debug log!

A tutorial for accessing and sending a debug log is here:
http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/forum/viewt ... p?f=6&t=65

Please read that first and then give adebug log here and the address from the download from the addon and when i have time i help your!

Regards Jan
xman

Post by xman »

+1 to Itsalive, I so miss my Video Devil. :( Some of the most educational and visually stimulating documentary content of any of the XBMC4Xbox pluggins to be hadon the Video Devil pluggin. Yes I know there are other "documentary" content pluggins available but these all lack the ability to download for playback on a rainy day so to say. ;)
I'll give the guru who gets this pluggin running on the latest stable 3 thumbs as a sweetener to show my appreciation. ;)

Error Log...............tried booting VD 3 times

Pastebin ID: GmwiSBUF
evan_almighty

Post by evan_almighty »

I'll add another 3 thumbs to anyone who fixes this also, thereby doubling xman's sweetener.
And by the way, I quite agree with xman, it's like national geographic, but with added, well graphic ! :)
skatulskijean

Post by skatulskijean »

I ca it devinitiv not understand !
Its works out of the box Link from the last Version (VideoDevil) here:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/83714583/plugin ... odevil.zip

install over the addon 4xbox Installer!

Regards Jan
DarkSide79

Post by DarkSide79 »

Use this fix, download the latest plugin http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-adult/ and replace these files
Attachments
videodevil_phyton2.4fixDarkSide79.rar
(32.4 KiB) Downloaded 518 times
SilverHair

Post by SilverHair »

I also must add into this info, that to get it working with a fresh install, please do the following: Go to "Video Devil" plugin (press white button), choose "Plugin settings", and tick "Disable disclaimer" then press "OK", and we're done.

Mind you, below is the instructions of how I installed Video Devil.

Code: Select all

This is how I successfully ran VideoDevil plugin with no issues from my Video plugins.

I installed "skatulskijean"'s provided zip, via "Addons-4xbox Installer". I ftp'd the zip over to the root of F:/ (your choice could be E:/). Opened the zip through "Addons-4xbox Installer", installed correctly. 
I then copied over the Python fix from "DarkSide79". Opened the zip, extracted to desktop, FTP'd it over to "/Q/plugins/video/VideoDevil", reboot, and voila.

As you can see, I did not install the aforementioned link "http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-adult/" as it is dead for me, or not allowing me to visit. The above instructions is exactly to the teeth, of what I did to get it working.
Looking forward for to the Adult repo being added back with compatibility into XBMC4xbox!

Thanks everyone, and peace~
markybhoy75

Post by markybhoy75 »

Worked a treat cheers
zekawal

Post by zekawal »

Thanks to all! It works! Image