Xbox stuck in boot loop

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
Axlrose_Dior

Xbox stuck in boot loop

Post by Axlrose_Dior »

Just bought a modded Xbox of eBay & was customising the video settings in XBMC,I changed them to NTSCJ/16;9/1080i & backed out.
The screen resolution changed & then I couldn't back out via the back button,I then checked a toggle at the bottom of the screen from green to red & then BOOM!

The console is stuck in a boot loop with the "flubber" animation but I can't see anything(I have a pal tv),some games boot & I can hear them but I can't see anything on screen and when there is no disc inserted it repeatedly boots to through the intro sequence.

Does anyone have any idea of what is going on and any solution to help ? Thank you in advance!
PPlayerxx

Re: Xbox stuck in boot loop

Post by PPlayerxx »

Some questions:
1) How have you (or who were the previous owner) modded it? (softmod or hardmod?)
2)Console version (1.6 has some resolution issues)

The TV region isn't important if it is new (most of new TVs can display NTSC and pal video format)
And... never change the resolution at 1080i, because the console can be unusable.
Coldly-Indifferent

Re: Xbox stuck in boot loop

Post by Coldly-Indifferent »

You should be able to reset the XBMC to default settings using:-

https://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/wiki/Settings

Try that first.

However if the console has been region changed and the display screen does not support the resolution eg. a PC monitor which does not support PAL interlaced resolutions you have a slightly more difficult problem.

Unless you have another TV/screen and the cable type required you might need to use the Enigmah region changer app blind to swap it back to NTSC.

But there sounds to be more problems than just resolution support issues. It should not be doing what is described in the latter part of that post unless the TV is itself is 'rejecting' device (the Xbox) because it is trying to use an unsupported resolution.

What cable type are you using? I'd assume Component; if you have a RGB SCART cable and an UnleashX dash installed as an app you can disable 1080i from the video settings menu and save. Whilst SCART is always SD a RGB SCART cable is treated by UnleashX as if it is a ED/HD cable (BTW the MS dash does not do that). So you can change and save the resolution and when you swap back to Component the now disabled 1080i setting should be applied.