Xecuter2

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
Heimdall

Re: Xecuter2

Post by Heimdall »

The fact that someone bothered to solder 29 wires to the mother board would imply that they flashed the TSOP and screwed it up beyond repair. I know which I would choose between soldering two flashing points and soldering 29 wires to the motherboard!
onthatB0MBSHELL

Post by onthatB0MBSHELL »

Heimdall wrote:You don't try anything. You wait patiently while I write you some foolproof instructions for setting up your Xbox with PBL. :)
shall I continue to wait patiently for further instruction Heimdall? The last few posts went completely over my house never mind my head, only experience I have is soft mod with game exploit, so all the chat about BIOS and flashing is beyond me.
Thanks,
Heimdall

Post by Heimdall »

I'm trying to find a particular BIOS (X2.5035 BFM). Once I find it I'll post back with instructions.
MrMajst3r

Post by MrMajst3r »

Heimdall wrote:The fact that someone bothered to solder 29 wires to the mother board would imply that they flashed the TSOP and screwed it up beyond repair. I know which I would choose between soldering two flashing points and soldering 29 wires to the motherboard!
I think, it's just old motherboard with old modchip...

Btw, if TSOP is really corrupted, it still can be flashed with this 29-wire modchip :)
http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/tsop.php
Heimdall

Post by Heimdall »

I think you're wrong - you wouldn't solder a 29 wire chip if you could flash your TSOP. You'd only solder 29 wires if your TSOP (or the BIOS on it) wasn't working.

Anyway, onthatB0MBSHELL doesn't seem to keen on soldering or flashing, so using PBL to launch an LBA48 BIOS is the next best option, and certainly loads easier than the 29 wire trick. :)
onthatB0MBSHELL

You're correct in saying I'm not to keen on soldering or flashing, as it stands the Xbox has the 250GB HDD fitted(although it only recognises 123GB of it) I have it booting to Xbmc so really The only problem is recovering the remaining HDD space.
The person I Purchased from on eBay did not mention it had been hard modded or I probably would not have bid was just after virgin console to soft mod.
Look forward to hearing back from you Heimdall.
If I can't sort it, I would be willing to swap for a standard Xbox with someone.
onthatB0MBSHELL

Any luck as yet Heimdall finding BIOS? I could just leave Xbox as is, but seems a shame to have 250GB HDD and only be able to access 50% of it.:cry:
onthatB0MBSHELL

Bump
onthatB0MBSHELL

Heimdall wrote:You don't try anything. You wait patiently while I write you some foolproof instructions for setting up your Xbox with PBL. :)
any joy with instructions Heimdall?