XBOX dash not loading

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
matta122

XBOX dash not loading

Post by matta122 »

I posted a 9topic before this with confusion on the chip but this is a bigger problem. When I boot the system it takes me to the default dash. I installed a 500gb HDD. It works the storage is there but I can't get it boot into XBMC or another dash. In case you were wondering the HDD is unlocked and I checked the storage with a hexen disk. I have tried installing the dash through hexen and FTP. Any help would be appreciated, matt.
Coldly-Indifferent

Re: XBOX dash not loading

Post by Coldly-Indifferent »

If the HDD wasn't FATX formatted/partitioned it would explain why simply FTPiing did not work but what was the specific problem installing a dash using a HeXEn disc?

With a functioning chip and a new clean HDD it should have walked you through the formatting and dash install, an AID disc likewise. In the latter case with AID, which I have most experience using, the chipped main menu option One-Click install is almost guaranteed to work.

Both HeXEn and AID boot very slowly from disc - Hexen 20+ secs, AID 40+ secs. This is normal.

If the disc would not boot did you try cold booting?

If that still does not work then I'd guess it was burned onto a Xbox disc drive incompatible media type. To be 100% certain a disc will boot in a Xbox you must use DVD-R and preferably ImgBurn (default 'Write image file to disc' settings) to burn the ISO.
matta122

Post by matta122 »

I figured it out myself I needed to put the dash in the C drive.
Coldly-Indifferent

Post by Coldly-Indifferent »

Either of those discs mention would/should have done that automatically.

C:\ drive for the main dash XBE is standard for chipped machine but for softmods it is more common to be installed on E:\.

However that does depend entirely on the softmod - some really old softmods were put on C:\ and Rocky5's XBST, the most recent softmodding tool package, does the same. It makes good sense as it is far better protected being there. But you cannot/must not swap the Xbox's main dash location just on a whim.
Geraldsob

XBOX dash not loading

Post by Geraldsob »

Help..is anyone having problems with some of their games not loading? It's both Java and Flash games and I have tested both programs and they are working.