xbmc ftp problems

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
jordanlfc65

xbmc ftp problems

Post by jordanlfc65 »

hi i recently brought a modded xbox and im trying to put some games on it and i can't connect to it, im using pc-router-xbox and all i keep getting is can not connect to server, ive tryed everything on the web like deleting old filezilla server file, changing passwords and checking everything in the network section but just cant seem to get it connected if anyone can help i will be much appreciated.
running xbmc build: 2.0.0 with blades skin
Coldly-Indifferent

Re: xbmc ftp problems

Post by Coldly-Indifferent »

Try updating XBMC to the most recent version which is v3.5.3.

When changing any network settings on the Xbox always restart XBMC or reboot the Xbox.

With the Xbox and FTP I've had completely different experiences depending on what OS I was using. Only my old XP 32bit laptop I simply could not get DHCP to work via my router but using a direct laptop to Xbox connection and Static address: no problems. Swapping later to a desktop with Win7 64bit and using the same router DHCP works fine. However trying exactly the same Static address set up that worked with XP and it refuses to connect.

I've tried different FTP clients, checking firewall settings even using a cross-over cable, which shouldn't now be necessary, and still it will only connect via the router using DHCP.

All I can suggest is trying the opposite method to what you are using now and hope it works.
kaos_engr

Re: xbmc ftp problems

Post by kaos_engr »

jordanlfc65 wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:52 pm hi i recently brought a modded xbox and im trying to put some games on it and i can't connect to it, im using pc-router-xbox and all i keep getting is can not connect to server, ive tryed everything on the web like deleting old filezilla server file, changing passwords and checking everything in the network section but just cant seem to get it connected if anyone can help i will be much appreciated.
running xbmc build: 2.0.0 with blades skin
What IP address does the Xbox have and the PC?

They must be on the same subnet to work.

192.168.1.xxx and 192.168.2.yyy with subnet 255.255.255.0 cannot talk to each other logically even when connected to the same physical network. The first three digits have to match; e.g, 192.168.1, 192.168.2 or other; with each network attached device assigned a unique number between 1 and 254 for the last dotted decimal value.