Going back from nightly to 3.2.1

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
Excalibur007

Going back from nightly to 3.2.1

Post by Excalibur007 »

I just updated to 3.2.1 from a recent nightly build (31667) and now my library is gone. Library mode in the Videos menu is grayed out even though it's enabled in the settings.

I checked the skin settings to make sure nothing had changed.
I tried different skins (been using Confluence Lite for a long time).
I tried disabling the Library and re-enabling it.
I tried deleting my old databases and profiles (after backing them up).

Nothing has helped. Anyone else having this problem? Any ideas what's causing it? For now, I'm switching back to a previous build. :?

edit: Went back to the previous build and everything's working again.
Last edited by Excalibur007 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
BuZz
Site Admin

Re: Unofficial Builds: 3.2.1-Stable + Nightly

Post by BuZz »

You can't go back from a nightly to the stable. the stable is a point release, so older code with some patches. Also, samba networking is different between stable and nightly (in stable you need to put credentials in the settings, its not on a per share basis). If you want to post a debug log from a fresh install I can look into the library not working as it should of course work from scratch, but open a new thread please.
Excalibur007

Post by Excalibur007 »

Ah, so the stable 3.2.1 is actually older than a previous nightly? I didn't realize that. I thought they were incremental, so the stable would have all the changes from previous nightlies, but more thoroughly bug tested.

Thanks for the info. :)
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

Excalibur007 wrote:Ah, so the stable 3.2.1 is actually older than a previous nightly? I didn't realize that. I thought they were incremental, so the stable would have all the changes from previous nightlies, but more thoroughly bug tested.
I branched 3.2 to make some fixups - using the term older is a little confusing - it's the 3.2 + some fixes from 3.3-dev. the nightly is the upcoming 3.3 version that is very much of development quality. I'll do an alpha release of it when it gets closer to being ready.
Smiff

Re: Going back from nightly to 3.2.1

Post by Smiff »

ah this answers my Q thanks.. so the 3.2.1 is just the 3 fixes on news page? or more?

just bundling A4x installer is a pretty big deal imho well worth doing.

still needs an update mechanism ;)
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

Smiff wrote:ah this answers my Q thanks.. so the 3.2.1 is just the 3 fixes on news page? or more?

just bundling A4x installer is a pretty big deal imho well worth doing.

still needs an update mechanism ;)
a bit more - http://redmine.exotica.org.uk/projects/ ... anches/3.2

feel free to contribute the update mechanism :)
kl1k

Post by kl1k »

OP - I just upgraded to 3.2.1 and am also having the same problems as you - library mode disabled.

Update: Just checked the logs - looks like you need to delete and redo your database. It doesnt like the old version of the DB :( I really don't feel like redoing it - then I lose all the markers with what I've already watched.

"ERROR: Can't open the database MyVideos34.db as it is a NEWER version than what we were expecting!"
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

You should not be running nightly builds unless you are happy to re-do things like databases, and help with feedback and bug reports etc. the nightly has a newer database structure than the 3.2 series.

nightly builds should be considered development releases.
kl1k

Post by kl1k »

Ahh - ok. Thanks for that.