why i can't FTP to xbox ?

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
Firas64

why i can't FTP to xbox ?

Post by Firas64 »

hey guys
i tried ftp to my xbox but no chance. :(
i used filezilla and flashfxp to ftp Directly from pc to xbox.
note : im using a normal network cable not CROSSOVER CABLE.
spinnersp

Re: why i can't FTP to xbox ?

Post by spinnersp »

thats your problem,i believe it will nly work with a crossover cable
Coldly-Indifferent

Post by Coldly-Indifferent »

You use a cross-over when connecting direct from PC to Xbox or Xbox to Xbox, although with most modern PCs it will detect the cable connection type and modify the output channels used accordingly ie. PC to Xbox it should not matter what cable type you use.

If you're connecting via a router then standard patch cables should be used PC to router and Xbox to router just to be certain but, again, with modern set ups it should not really matter for the same reason.

The typical problem you get is with choice of using a Static IP or DHCP with the Xbox.

Despite the fact I have a set up that is identical to one that worked with my old WinXP laptop when I moved onto a Win7 desktop I couldn't, and still can't, get a Static IP address to work direct or via a router with any cable type.

With the old laptop I always used a Static IP with direct connection using a cross-over cable. But, ironically, DHCP via exactly the same router I'm still using just wouldn't work with that.

Believe me I've tried every suggestion I've found in online articles to get the Win7 desktop to work with a Static IP. But via the router and set to use DHCP the network connection is recognised immediately, an IP address is assigned and it connects first time as reliably as the (same) Xbox did direct to the WinXP laptop.
kaos_engr

Post by kaos_engr »

Firas64 wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 12:30 pm hey guys
i tried ftp to my xbox but no chance. :(
i used filezilla and flashfxp to ftp Directly from pc to xbox.
note : im using a normal network cable not CROSSOVER CABLE.
What's the IP address of the Xbox?

And, the PC?

If you directly connect the Xbox to a PC, both devices need to have IPs statically assigned on the same subnet different than that used by any other PC network attachment - wired or wireless.

Does the PC show a link when you connect the Xbox to the PC?

Depending on the capabilities of the PC's network port you may or may not need a crossover cable. (Most newer PCs Ethernet ports support auto-MDI/MDI-X to connect/cross-connect the pairs required to establish a link.) The Xbox's Ethernet port does not support auto-MDI/MDI-X.