Xbox starts automatically when connected to power

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
dstruan

Xbox starts automatically when connected to power

Post by dstruan »

Dear all,

just for sudden, one of my classic Xboxes is failing.

When i connect Xbox to power, Xbox starts automatically. After Power-on, the small Power Button does not have any functionality. I can't use small Power Bottom to switch off Xbox classic any more. The Big Power/Eject bottom opens and close the cd tray like normal.

When connect classic Xbox to power, startup sometimes opens Microsoft Dashboard automatically, sometimes Modchip/XBMC Dashboard.
Sometimes it helps fast pressing small Power Bottom to start to Modchip/XBMC Dashboard.

I have changed Power-Button / Eject Button Board but without effect. Also unplugged Modchip shows no other effect (Modchip is socket and Xbox autostarts to Microsoft Error message).

Xbox is Rev. 1.4 (unfortunately I don't have other Rev. 1.4 box as spare)

Any ideas ??

Many thanks

dstruan
dstruan

Re: Xbox starts automatically when connected to power

Post by dstruan »

Oh, perfect ... Many thanks ... I will have a look at this and will give it a try ...

Many thanks

dstruan
dstruan

Post by dstruan »

Thanks a lot ... Seems that i have managed to replace the faulty track ...

Just one Track was broken (A) and i online rewire that track.

Now it start like normal ... Let's see how long it will work ...

By the way ... Was not easy to soldering the wire to the connection points ... I nearly destroyed mainboard, but i'm not a PRO, but i have soldering experience ...

Many thanks
kaos_engr

Post by kaos_engr »

You need to remove the clock cap and clean off all the leaked electrolyte to prevent further damage from occurring.