Xbox Dashboard problem (Error 21).

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
centos

Xbox Dashboard problem (Error 21).

Post by centos »

I everyone. Last week I tried to softmod my xbox with splinter cell hack, but I accidentaly erase all C:\ and E:\ Files. So I use xboxhdm for rebuild my hdd and the process was successful. Put my pendrive in the xbox for moving splinter cell savegame, access in the "memory" section and when I selected my usb, the xbox gone to crash with the error 21. The same thing appened when I tried to access in the xbox's hdd memory. The games are loading perfectly and I can save and load any savedata, but if I access in the hdd memory appear the error 21. What's the problem? Someone who can help me? Thanks.
Rocky5

Re: Xbox Dashboard problem (Error 21).

Post by Rocky5 »

Copy both saves over, you only copied the splinter cell save.
Download Xbox Softmodding Tool & Extras Disc
XBMC4Kids Mod

Xbox Gamertag = Connxtion
PSN ID = JCRocky5
centos

Post by centos »

Rocky5 wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:48 am Copy both saves over, you only copied the splinter cell save.
Thanks for the answer. I can't do this, because when I access in the HDD/usb memory immediately pop up the Error 21 screen.

Below I put a link that leads to the video where I show the problem:

[youtube]https://youtu.be/VyL-8_JDqqg[/youtube]

p.s.: My xbox version is 1.1 and MSDashboard version is 5960. I took clean C:/ files from internet.
Coldly-Indifferent

Post by Coldly-Indifferent »

Odd, a MS dash that clearly boots OK but crash when you access the Memory.

Question I'd ask is did you create UDATA/TDATA on the E:\drive? You only mentioned using C:\drive stock files?

Not having used XBHDM I would have thought it might do that by default but if it doesn't then that could explain the problem. The UDATA & TDATA folders where the game saves etc are kept simply are not there so the Xbox crashes to error 21.

The memory card does the the same because it accesses those folders too.

That's my theory.
centos

Post by centos »

Coldly-Indifferent wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:03 am Odd, a MS dash that clearly boots OK but crash when you access the Memory.

Question I'd ask is did you create UDATA/TDATA on the E:\drive? You only mentioned using C:\drive stock files?

Not having used XBHDM I would have thought it might do that by default but if it doesn't then that could explain the problem. The UDATA & TDATA folders where the game saves etc are kept simply are not there so the Xbox crashes to error 21.

The memory card does the the same because it accesses those folders too.

That's my theory.
I don't wrote this but besides rebuilding C:/ I made the UDATA and TDATA folder in E:/ partition. The strange thing is that with any game I can save and load any savegame (example halo 2) and any time without errors. The first time I used XboxHDm, the process it was not successful because the MSDashboard was loaded but I I couldn't play any game (pop up the xbox require assistent ecc...) and if I access the memory, the HDD free blocks and used were 0 (with red string). So I search other C:/ clean files and I rebuilt HDD and now I'm in this situation.
Coldly-Indifferent

Are you always trying to access Memory with the flash drive still attached as shown in the YT video?

If so try removing the flash drive before booting the Xbox and see if that allows you to access the HDD game save content.

I know from my own experience that when a flash drive crashes, as they do, it can affect the MS dash in various ways. I've not seen that particular problem before but it is worth testing.

If that does not help:-

Have you retried rebuilding C:\ and E:\ using XBHDM with stock files from another source?

Something could be wrong with the MS dash files you used. Reinstalling with known good stock files would be the obvious thing to do. You could even try installing new SC games saves in E:\ as part of the process if that is possible with XBHDM. Make sure they are the correct ones for your Xbox's region.
centos

Post by centos »

Coldly-Indifferent wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:53 pm Are you always trying to access Memory with the flash drive still attached as shown in the YT video?

If so try removing the flash drive before booting the Xbox and see if that allows you to access the HDD game save content.
I've already tried to access memory without usb but I receive the same error.
Coldly-Indifferent wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:53 pm
Have you retried rebuilding C:\ and E:\ using XBHDM with stock files from another source?
No but Can you send me a download link of good stock files? I've already tried use those:
http://www.theisozone.com/downloads/xbo ... -for-xbox/ (this doesn't boot my games)

http://www.theisozone.com/downloads/xbo ... oard-5960/ (this is the file that I used the last time)
Coldly-Indifferent wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:53 pm
You could even try installing new SC games saves in E:\ as part of the process if that is possible with XBHDM. Make sure they are the correct ones for your Xbox's region.
With XboxHDM it's possibile to rebuild E:/ partition with specific files, but I don't know in wich folders put savegame files. Do you know where to put them? Also in the system information I saw that the K: (Kernel(?)) changed when I changed the MSDashoboard files (the first rebuild was K: 1.00.5101.01, now it's K: 1.00.4817.01. I don't remember how It was originally). Will this is the problem?

Anyway I see some people who use Ndure 3.1 for make C:/ and E:/ files modified for softmod and that will be installed with XboxHDM: is this secure?
Coldly-Indifferent

You'll have to get confirmation from the real gurus here about the kernel stuff but I know from my very recent experiments with the older MS stock files which you can still find at some places that they won't work on any Xbox updated to a newer dash/kernel and visa versa.

Before softmodding the Xbox should have been updated to D:5960 and, usually, K:5838 although that might depend on the Xbox version.

As said XBHDM and Xbox kernels/BIOS are not my area of knowledge at all but I think, if that was not done, then you'd need to use compatible MS stock files for your specific Xbox dash/kernel. However you said earlier your dash was 5960 so those 5960 MS dash files should have been OK. I know because I've used that particular download myself just to check it worked on my various Xboxes.

Why the kernel info has changed I won't even guess.

Rocky5's Softmodding Tools installer package is designed to be used with all(?) kernels and I think somewhere amongst all the stuff he helpfully provides is a XBHDM Build.zip C drive replacement. Whether that would apply here I can not advise, hopefully he'll be able to guide you.
centos

Post by centos »

Coldly-Indifferent wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:38 am You'll have to get confirmation from the real gurus here about the kernel stuff but I know from my very recent experiments with the older MS stock files which you can still find at some places that they won't work on any Xbox updated to a newer dash/kernel and visa versa.

Before softmodding the Xbox should have been updated to D:5960 and, usually, K:5838 although that might depend on the Xbox version.

As said XBHDM and Xbox kernels/BIOS are not my area of knowledge at all but I think, if that was not done, then you'd need to use compatible MS stock files for your specific Xbox dash/kernel. However you said earlier your dash was 5960 so those 5960 MS dash files should have been OK. I know because I've used that particular download myself just to check it worked on my various Xboxes.

Why the kernel info has changed I won't even guess.
I've read that for any Xbox version there's a specific firmware:

Kernel 1.00.3944.01 V1.0
Kernel 1.00.4034.01 V1.0
Kernel 1.00.4817.01 V1.1
Kernel 1.00.5101.01 V1.3
Kernel 1.00.5713.01 V1.4
Ecc...

So the actual kernel is right?
Coldly-Indifferent wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:38 am
Rocky5's Softmodding Tools installer package is designed to be used with all(?) kernels and I think somewhere amongst all the stuff he helpfully provides is a XBHDM Build.zip C drive replacement. Whether that would apply here I can not advise, hopefully he'll be able to guide you.
However what do i do? I'm going to download "Rocky5's softmodding installer package"? And what is XBHDM Build.zip?

Anyway thanks for the answers! :)
Rocky5

Post by Rocky5 »

Just watched the video, yeah that shouldn’t be happening, I suspect there are some corrupt xip files on C ( what the dashboard uses to display menus eg... )

Or it could the the USB device. Have you removed it and tried loading the memory menu?

The XBHDM Build.zip is basically a C partition replacement, you normally used it with XBHDM 1.9 for example and after building a new drive it will softmod on first boot.
( Xboxhdm 23 beta 3 inclused this and works within windows )
XBMC4Kids Mod

PSN ID = JCRocky5
centos

Post by centos »

Rocky5 wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:52 am Just watched the video, yeah that shouldn’t be happening, I suspect there are some corrupt xip files on C ( what the dashboard uses to display menus eg... )

Or it could the the USB device. Have you removed it and tried loading the memory menu?
Yes, I already try without USB decide, but I receive the same errore.
Rocky5 wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:52 am
The XBHDM Build.zip is basically a C partition replacement, you normally used it with XBHDM 1.9 for example and after building a new drive it will softmod on first boot.
( Xboxhdm 23 beta 3 inclused this and works within windows )
Can You give me a link for xbhdm build.zip and Xboxhdm 23 beta 3 with a tutorial, please? I search on internet and I haven't found nothing about these.
Rocky5

Post by Rocky5 »

There is no tutorial but it’s should be self explanatory.

Connect your drive via a USB to IDE/SATA adaptor, put your eeprom.bin ( all lowercase ) next to xboxhd.bat and run xboxhd.bat. It will ask for admin writes select yes and it will load.
( if you have no eeprom.bin you will need to hotswap your drive )

Select option 1 and check your drive has been found.
Select option 4 to unlock the drive and pick the correct number.
Select option 2 then the drive to load Xboxhd, when it loads type xboxhd and hit enter now select option 2 and if that fails use option 1.
Now you can relock your drive with Option 3

Note not all usb adaptors are compatible and I don’t know what ones are, before you ask :lol:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzRN8 ... kdzaUVyMFk
XBMC4Kids Mod

PSN ID = JCRocky5
centos

Post by centos »

Rocky5 wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:00 pm There is no tutorial but it’s should be self explanatory.

Connect your drive via a USB to IDE/SATA adaptor, put your eeprom.bin ( all lowercase ) next to xboxhd.bat and run xboxhd.bat. It will ask for admin writes select yes and it will load.
( if you have no eeprom.bin you will need to hotswap your drive )

Select option 1 and check your drive has been found.
Select option 4 to unlock the drive and pick the correct number.
Select option 2 then the drive to load Xboxhd, when it loads type xboxhd and hit enter now select option 2 and if that fails use option 1.
Now you can relock your drive with Option 3

Note not all usb adaptors are compatible and I don’t know what ones are, before you ask :lol:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzRN8 ... kdzaUVyMFk
I have 2 question:
1) I have an old PC with IDE cable... Can I connect Xbox HDD throught this? Because I haven't USB to IDE/SATA adaptor.
2) I haven't eeprom.bin file, so Can I use hotswap for unlock Xbox HDD?
centos

Post by centos »

So I solved the problem! :D :D :D :D

For those who like me this type of error appears, I solved by rebuilding the hdd with xboxHDm 1.9 (with hotswap method because I didn't have eeprom.bin file) putting XBHDM Build.zip contenent in the C:/ partition. Then I continued with the installation of xbox softmodding tool and now I have the xbox softmod and the problem of memory access solved. I thanks all those who helped me solve the problem and who responded above. :D :D
villordd

Post by villordd »

I have the same issue with the error 21, can you explain with more details how you resolve it?