Unable to get past XBOX logo during boot-up

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
grupy

Unable to get past XBOX logo during boot-up

Post by grupy »

I had XBMC installed on my XBOX and then was in the process of deleting it and as I was getting way too many different errors with it. I was connected to it through FTP and then my youngest pressed power off and now I cant get passed the XBOX splash logo.

It used to simply show the XBOX screen and then go into XBMC4XBOX immediately and now without XBMC installed it does nothing.

My Xbox is hard modded, something I had someone do long time ago for me and it has a 2 TB SATA drive.

I connected my drive to my Windows 7 box and the drive isnt showing up as I was hoping to simply copy the files over directly to the E: partition where XBMC used to be.

Any suggestions on how I can resolve this issue? I dont care if I lose all the data on the drive as I have it backed up on my media server at home so I can re-move all the data there if required.

Thanks again for any help here.
Coldly-Indifferent

Re: Unable to get past XBOX logo during boot-up

Post by Coldly-Indifferent »

If the HDD is unlocked (as it normally will be with a hardmodded machine you can do what you wanted and tried to do if you use an external USB HDD enclosure and Xplorer360. Windows on its own won't see the content of the HDD because it is FATX formatted, that's where Xplorer360 comes in. But TBH using Xplorer360 to repair or install new dash files is a painfully slow experience and it can crash at any point for no apparent reason too.

So I suggest using any installer disc, like AID or HeXEn, to remove the already half deleted XMBC installation and install a replacement dash. Use DVD-R media only, preferably with ImgBurn default "Write image file to disc" settings.

You'll have to cold boot the disc but with a hard modded machine it should boot. Both AID and HeXEn take a VERY long time to load, particularly a full size AID disc so don't worry if nothing happens for 30 - 45secs.

You could actually use any completely clean or new HDD and AID/HeXEn will walk you through the formatting and dash install.

With the installer disc booted you also have the FTP option too.

If you wanted you could even modify the AID ISO (most AID downloads include the tool to do that) so that the XBMC dash and any apps, emus etc you install are the latest versions.

In short: with a chipped or TSOPed Xbox fixing a missing main dashboard should be quite easy.
grupy

Post by grupy »

Thank you kindly for the reply and detailed information. I will have to locate and download the AID disk and burn the ISO as you suggested.

Coldly-Indifferent wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:24 pm If the HDD is unlocked (as it normally will be with a hardmodded machine you can do what you wanted and tried to do if you use an external USB HDD enclosure and Xplorer360. Windows on its own won't see the content of the HDD because it is FATX formatted, that's where Xplorer360 comes in. But TBH using Xplorer360 to repair or install new dash files is a painfully slow experience and it can crash at any point for no apparent reason too.

So I suggest using any installer disc, like AID or HeXEn, to remove the already half deleted XMBC installation and install a replacement dash. Use DVD-R media only, preferably with ImgBurn default "Write image file to disc" settings.

You'll have to cold boot the disc but with a hard modded machine it should boot. Both AID and HeXEn take a VERY long time to load, particularly a full size AID disc so don't worry if nothing happens for 30 - 45secs.

You could actually use any completely clean or new HDD and AID/HeXEn will walk you through the formatting and dash install.

With the installer disc booted you also have the FTP option too.

If you wanted you could even modify the AID ISO (most AID downloads include the tool to do that) so that the XBMC dash and any apps, emus etc you install are the latest versions.

In short: with a chipped or TSOPed Xbox fixing a missing main dashboard should be quite easy.
grupy

Post by grupy »

I found AID v4.53 and burned the iso. I have tried to boot up with it but the screen stays stuck at the XBOX logo. Rebooted and same results for the last 5 mins.

Any other options to simply place dashboard and XBMC back on?
grupy

Post by grupy »

I tried Xplorer360 and it didnt recognize the FATX drive.

In Windows 7 I can see the drive as it shows up under Disk Manager but it wants to initialize the drive. Should I do this and proceed with option and then use the AID disk to rebuild the drive for XBMC?

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

grupy wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:54 pm I found AID v4.53 and burned the iso. I have tried to boot up with it but the screen stays stuck at the XBOX logo. Rebooted and same results for the last 5 mins.

Any other options to simply place dashboard and XBMC back on?
Coldly-Indifferent

Post by Coldly-Indifferent »

Did you cold boot the AID disc ie. put it in the tray, close it, shutdown then restart?

If it isn't cold booting the AID disc try cold booting any original game disc. If that does the same thing then there is some other problem but if it does work then you can be pretty sure the problem is with the disc you burned.

A chipped machine should boot any disc drive compatible disc media.