Strange Audio Issue During Movies

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
Jobobn

Strange Audio Issue During Movies

Post by Jobobn »

So, I've encountered an extremely strange audio issue when playing movies on one of my Xboxes, and my friend has encountered the same issue independently. Both issues have occurred on v1.4 Xboxes using XBMC4Xbox 3.5.3-r33027 and component out directly to televisions. Both use IND-Bios 5004.67. The issues is that, while watching videos, the sound will randomly sound EXTREMELY low-fi and robotic. Basically imagine the sound being outputted through a terrible speaker and being played into a fan, and you'd get the idea of it. The issue will stop temporarily if I pause then play the video, but it will return if I continue to watch the video. The problem also seems to go away if you reset the Xbox. The issues have shown up with both .avi files and with mp4 files, and I've had no success in recreating the sound-glitch on demand. I've never once had the problem happen with my other v1.6 'Box.

My own supposition is that something weird is going on with the multichannel downmixing, so I'm currently testing this by disabling the downmixing to stereo.

Any information on this would be super appreciated!