Problem with XBMC and XBOX with mod chip Evox

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
Pietrogramma

Problem with XBMC and XBOX with mod chip Evox

Post by Pietrogramma »

Hi everybody, I have a old xbox with a chip mod evox. I didn't use it fron some years and the past week I tried to turn on it, but the XBMC don't work, it stop with the logo (freezing the screen). Today I downloaded the Auto-Installer.Deluxe.v4.53 and I burned it on a dvd. I formatted all partition (C, E, F) and I tried reinstall the XBMC, but the problem is the same. I Installed also the EvolutiuonX dashboard and it work fine, but If I try to launch the XBMC from application, the XBMC don't work.
There is a solution at my problem?
Thanks and ciao.

PS sorry my bad english I'm italian
Coldly-Indifferent

Re: Problem with XBMC and XBOX with mod chip Evox

Post by Coldly-Indifferent »

How did you install XBMC in Apps? With a AID installed dashboard it should either be in E:\, F:\ or G:\Apps.

Without a built in file manager EvoX is not a good choice for your main dash, either UnleashX or XBMC would have been better. However you can use the AID disc again because that does have a file manager and what you should do is check that however you installed XBMC it can be launched by its "default.xbe". Just find the XBE and click on it and it should launch.

If it doesn't and other apps are still working then there's problem with the XBMC installation of some sort.

For any application to appear in the EvoX or any other dash's Apps menu and launch from there it must be in a single level, uncompressed folder* and have a "default.xbe". You do need to reboot the Xbox after installation.

* Not ZIPped or RARed.

There is the possibly with AID that you installed the main dash version of XBMC rather than the Application version. What the result of doing that would be I won't guess but I suspect it would not work.

With AID and a chipped Xbox you must use the chipped menu options for the main dash and the Applications menu option for, obviously, installing apps.

I'd also mention that if you used AID 4.53 Standard or Lite unless the downloader updated the XBMC version it includes there is a good chance it is 8 -10 years' old and is best updated at some point.

With a chipped machine what I'd suggest is install another HDD, cold boot HeXEn or AID again and, making sure to use the chipped install menu options, set it up from scratch to use XBMC as your main dash. That would rule out the possibility of the problem being caused by your HDD's age or being in store for so long.
Nextelhalo

Post by Nextelhalo »

You could FTP into the xbox and replace XBMC with the latest version and see what that does.
Halo LE Blue (Japan Black jewel) v1.0 1.0GHZ Trusty 128 RAM 640GB Blue-White P/E LED's
White v1.4 X3 CE with X3 CP 500GB Blue-white P/E LED's Blue Jewel
Debug kit untouched
Coldly-Indifferent

If XBMC is not working from Apps/Applications it might not even be there. What I was concerned about is that unless he's checked that XBMC is properly installed using a file manager (or by FTP) the same mistake, if that is what it was, could just be made again.

Ideally a screen shot of the C:\ and E:\ drive content and the XBMC installation in particular would quickly determine whether it had been installed correctly.

But, as said, with a chipped machine he might just as well start from scratch again with a clean HDD using AID or HeXEn. If using the correct install menu options for chipped machines doesn't result in a working XBMC main dash then there is something else wrong that needs addressing.
Pietrogramma

Post by Pietrogramma »

Thanks for your reply, I tried to launch with the file manager the default.xbe (E:\XBMC\default.xbe), but it freeze; I attach a photo of the screen.
I tried to install the UnleashX dashboard, instead of evolux or xbmc, but if I launch xbmc it freeze always at the same point.
Basically, any mode I choose to launch xbmc always hangs at the same point.
Nextelhalo wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:59 pm You could FTP into the xbox and replace XBMC with the latest version and see what that does.
Where I can found the last compilated version of xbmc?
Thanks and ciao
Attachments
IMG_20180217_003538.jpg
Pietrogramma

Post by Pietrogramma »

This morning I tried to upload via FTP XBMC on E:\ of xbox but the problem is always the same. I tried also to upload the old version XBOX 9.04 (Consider that a few months behind xbmc worked perfectly on my xbox, then I did not turn on the console for a long time and when I restarted it the xbmx did not work) but freeze on the logo XBMC.
Another strange thing is that, if when freeze the screen, I open the DVD tray, sometimes xbmc restart and the XBMC start screen appears but immediately after freeze
At this point I think that the problem is hardware, even if the console works perfectly with the games and with the other applications, that start regularly.
Mistery....
Thanks and ciao
Coldly-Indifferent

It is still odd it only affects XBMC and otherwise your (EvoX) main dash is working correctly.

But your description of the path you're using: E:\XBMC makes me suspicious because that is incorrect unless you mis-posted.

For XBMC installed as an application it should be either:-

E:\Apps\XBMC\default.xbe

or

E:\Applications\XBMC\default.xbe

Whether it is Apps or Applications will depend on the EvoX .INI and/or how the relevant folder is named but with SID/AID it should be Apps.

That simple mistake is maybe all which is wrong.

But if it is not launching from the "default.xbe" via a file manager then there is something else causing a problem. That's why I asked to see screenshots of the file manager, particularly the XBMC installation ie. what is in that E:\XBMC folder of yours?

Google XBMC4Xbox v3.5.3 and you should find a good download.
Nextelhalo

Post by Nextelhalo »

I'm still wondering what dashboard and path the BIOS is trying to boot to. Knowing that could easily solve the problem and I"m betting that if you put the latest build of XBMC into F/Apps you might be able to boot up just fine.

Also, just for the hell of it, try unplugging the network cable and then boot into XBMC. I've had a few xbox's that did exactly what you described and once I unplugged the network cable the problem stopped. I never really figured out what it was so I just swapped motherboards and all was fine.
Halo LE Blue (Japan Black jewel) v1.0 1.0GHZ Trusty 128 RAM 640GB Blue-White P/E LED's
White v1.4 X3 CE with X3 CP 500GB Blue-white P/E LED's Blue Jewel
Debug kit untouched
Coldly-Indifferent

We don't know if he actually has a F:\ or G:\ drive but what we do know is that a XBMC folder wouldn't have been put on the root of the E:\ drive by AID unless it was installed as a main dash. So either AID did that because the main menu "Dashboard" option was used rather than "Applications" or one of the previous XBMC installs left it there.

But it should still boot via the default.xbe using a file manager. The fact it does not suggests that whatever is in that folder is messed up in some way.

As said too I'm all for the suggestion to install a fresh copy of the latest build XBMC in E:\ or F:\Apps, if available, and then, as long as the main EvoX dash is working, that should get XBMC running as an app.

BIOS issues are not my thing so I'll defer to anyone else on those matters.