Teamxbmc shortcut not working.

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
Truman

Teamxbmc shortcut not working.

Post by Truman »

I followed the teamxbmc shortcut WIKI Option 1 to set my xbox to boot direct to XBMC. I have an Evox dashboard so was able to follow the example given exactly as stated, creating a evosdash.xbe file and an evoxdash.cfg file etc etc

I went into xbmc file manager and tested the new evoxdash.xbe file and it rebooted me direct back into xbmc.
But when I rebooted my xbox it still wouldn't boot to XBMC and instead went direct to the evox dashboard again. So I went into XBMC and SVN Installer. I chose set running installation as default and delete old installations. I had an xbmc and xbmc stable 3.2 options so chose xbmc and deleted it.

I then rebooted and it still took me into evoxdash but when I scrolled down to xbox media centre it was white instead of yellow and the cursor just scrolled past it to the option below. Basically I wasn't able to select xbox media centre at all.

I ended up having to reinstall xbmc via ftp which fixed the problem.

however my questions are..

1. How can I copy all the settings from my old xbmc folder which is still located at E/Apps but was renamed to old to my new xbmc without having to re-install all my plug ins and setup my shared folders again?

2. Why didnt the teamxbmc shortcut work if the newly created evoxdash.xbe file in C booted me directly back into xbmc when I tested it through the file manager?
Truman

Re: Teamxbmc shortcut not working.

Post by Truman »

I managed to get my settings back by copying the user data folder over from xbmc old.

But still can't get the Xbox to boot into xbmc even though the evoxdash.xbe file starts xbmc when I click on it even when I'm in the Xbox file manager.

My path in the .cfg file is E:\apps\xbmc\default.xbe which is also correct.

Any ideas??

Thanks heaps.
Truman

Post by Truman »

Well I really stuffed it now. I tried the xbe shortcut maker at xbmcworld and now my xbox wont even boot to evox anymore. I cant FTP in to rename evoxdash_old.xbe to evoxdash.xbe to restore it even if I boot directly to the xbox.

Help?? What can I do to fix this, I dont have a boot disc or anything like that?
Truman

Post by Truman »

Okay I managed to fix this by using Slayers 2.7 disc and re-installing Evox dashboard.
But now my problem is under the Evox menu I have 3 XBMC choices.

1. Xbox media centre-xbmc which starts to load then returns to the evox dash

2. xbmc which shows a slayer xbmc splash screen then the screen is black even though xbmc has loaded.

3. xbox media player which loads a really old version of xbmc from 2003.

Im guessing that the 1st one is my upgraded xbmc. In E/apps I have two folders xbmc and xbmp and I assume xbmp is the one that works.

How can I get the menu to load the correct xbmc? I cant do it via SVn installer in xbmp because half of the menu is missing on the left of the screen so I cant see what Im doing.
5l1p

Post by 5l1p »

I recommend you use Xselect as your main dashboard you can boot into whatever you want to, also works as a "multiboot" Just rename Xselect.xbe to your default.xbe (whatever it maybe) and click setup dashes, the program will then scan for all .xbe on your hard drive for you to assign to a button push.
Truman

Post by Truman »

I managed to get XBMC working by installing Jans build of xbmc4xbox. I dont know why it wouldnt work when I installed the xbmc4xbox 3.2 stable version but Jans build worked and I can access it from the first menu option of xbmc in EVOX.

Xselect sounds like a good idea but I would still have to stand at the TV turn on the xbox then wait until it boots then select the XBMC option. Which is no different really than scrolling through the EVOX menu and loading XBMC. (I dont have a wireless xbox controller and use my Iphone xbmc remote once its booted into xbmc.) I wanted it setup so I could boot straight into xbmc when I turn on the xbox then use the Iphone remote to control xbmc.

Im also a bit sceptical about xselect working. If the teamxbmc shortcut .xbe file doesnt work when renamed to evoxdash.xbe and the .cfg file points to my xbmc default.xbe then Im worried xselect will have the same problem. There must be a setting somewhere that I need to change or a file or something.
5l1p

Post by 5l1p »

There are no .cfg files to worry about with Xselect it is something you set up in its menu. It also has an auto-boot option too, I highly recommend it because if your default boot corrupts you can just go into another dash with ftp support. You could just try it as an app first if you like. Good to here you got your xbox working anyhow!
Truman

Post by Truman »

Ok that sounds good. Will give it a go.
I dont understand why the Slayers disc instead of setting your curent xbmc as the default to boot into it chooses the very old version even though I have a new version installed.

Thanks heaps for your help.