I have somehow screwed up DVDPlayer & Mplayer in XBMC

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
Venom

I have somehow screwed up DVDPlayer & Mplayer in XBMC

Post by Venom »

As of right now in XBMC, DVDPlayer plays video perfectly, but has no audio. Mplayer has audio , but the video is all gray with sometimes a flicker of giant pixels that lets you see the video playing underneath. It was working great just a day ago. Everything was working fine and I must have downloaded something new and screwed it up. Any ideas on how to fix this? I have a second XBOX set up the same way and it is playing fine. If I want to do a complete reinstall of XBMC, what are all the files and locations I would have to delete in order to remove all traces of XBMC, Plugins, Scripts,Scriptmodules, etc.....? Thanks for any help.
Last edited by Venom on Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Egyptian Tomb Home Theater: http://www.eyecit.net
BuZz
Site Admin

Re: I have somehow screwed up DVDPlayer & Mplayer in XBMC

Post by BuZz »

I have posted some information about debug logs now. Please read http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/forum/viewt ... p?f=6&t=65 and provide a debug log. thanks.
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

in regards to a fresh install - it depends where you can installed it. also is it your dash ? It might be in E:/Apps/XBMC or F:/Apps/XBMC for example. to remove it, boot to another dash and delete the entire folder etc.
Venom

Post by Venom »

here is the log. Thanks for your help.

http://pastebin.com/E6eJT9YN
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

You have digital audio out connected (and are using it) ? what settings do you have for audio out / what your amp supports?

the reason mplayer can't handle it is the file is too new for mplayer. I suspect the dvdplayer audio is a wrong setting in the audio config.
Venom

Post by Venom »

BuZz wrote:You have digital audio out connected (and are using it) ? what settings do you have for audio out / what your amp supports?

the reason mplayer can't handle it is the file is too new for mplayer. I suspect the dvdplayer audio is a wrong setting in the audio config.

I am using component out with optical audio out. It is going into a new Sony Receiver that can accept and decode and play pretty much everything. I would agree with you that it is some audio setting. I never changed any settings from when it worked until it stopped working. But, I did download some script modules that claimed to help with getting some files to play audio. Problem is I cannot remember which were the ones I downloaded for audio. I also had downloaded some scripts and plugins.
These are my settings. Is the audio config in the menus or someplace else?

BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

uncheck aac/mp1/2/3 and the downmix setting

(don't enable stuff your receiver doesnt support - and dont downmix if you have digital receiver - just use the stereo mode on receiver etc if you have only 2.1 audio)
Venom

Post by Venom »

BuZz wrote:uncheck aac/mp1/2/3 and the downmix setting

(don't enable stuff your receiver doesnt support - and dont downmix if you have digital receiver - just use the stereo mode on receiver etc if you have only 2.1 audio)
Ok, It's working. It must have been the AAC audio. Funny thing is I only went into those settings once to pick Digital Audio and everything has been working fine for weeks.
I would have never thought to change anything in there. Thanks for the help! :D

One more question. I had made another post asking if upgrading the CPU & Memory would help with MKV playback. Would it? I know for the cost I could probably build a small PC instead.
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

Venom wrote:
BuZz wrote:uncheck aac/mp1/2/3 and the downmix setting

Ok, It's working. It must have been the AAC audio. Funny thing is I only went into those settings once to pick Digital Audio and everything has been working fine for weeks.
I would have never thought to change anything in there. Thanks for the help! :D

One more question. I had made another post asking if upgrading the CPU & Memory would help with MKV playback. Would it? I know for the cost I could probably build a small PC instead.
maybe you never played anything with 2channel aac audio until now. I'm probably going to disable some of those settings as they are untested :)

I'm sure upgrading the CPU will help with playback somewhat for things like h264. Memory wont speed things up, but allow for heavier skins perhaps although I don't have a 128mb machine for development so I've never been able to test.

Personally for the cost of upgrading the CPU, I would spend my money on a small htpc or something which could do full 1080p res h264 etc.
Xander5

Post by Xander5 »

In regards to the fresh install, I always boot XBMC into error recovery mode, delete the E:\Apps\XBMC folder and replace it with the new version