720x480 mkv crashes xbox - tips please?

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
webodan

720x480 mkv crashes xbox - tips please?

Post by webodan »

I'm running 480p MKV files on an xbox through DLNA, it works quite well for anything except for MKV. people say sub-720p MKV files work fine but in my case it crashes XBMC4Xbox, running out of memory. Any tips as to what I should tune up to improve it? I've tested changing cachemembuffersize in advancedsettings.xml to 5242880 and then to 0 (which is supposed to enable caching to disk) but still both settings crash my console with these files.

edit: i upgraded to version 3.5.3 from 3.5.1 and it stopped crashing, but now it's lagging badly, the audio is out of sync and the video runs jerky. :cry:
webodan

Re: 720x480 mkv crashes xbox - tips please?

Post by webodan »

Never mind, I've become acquainted with using a really nice video converter that gives me great quality without hogging the CPU. I've also applied thermal compound to the CPU and the GPU, then upgraded to the latest xbmc4xbox release and it never crashes, even with the computationally intensive coded videos (it does get somewhat laggy but at least i don't need to get up and reboot the xbox!)