what do I have and how do I update it?

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
Thebigorange

what do I have and how do I update it?

Post by Thebigorange »

I came across this Xbox from a craigslist seller.
Im having trouble identifying the chip online. when trying to update T3CH I get a pop up linked in the imgur page.
I would like to use this xbox to play all my games there are already a few isos downloaded currently. there also is movies and music but i cant get them to play and the weather Chanel also doesn't work.
if anyone can identify what im working with and point me in the direction of updating this Xbox let me know
if you need more pictures just ask

pictures
https://imgur.com/a/51eZy
Thebigorange

Re: what do I have and how do I update it?

Post by Thebigorange »

If I'm being to basic with my question please ask for more info I'm glad to share more information and I'd like to learn from this community

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rocky5

Post by Rocky5 »

Determin where your installation is and then download XBMC4Xbox and extract the XBMC folder.

Now backup your old installation by FTPing it to your computer for the time being. Now deleted everything within the old installations folder and FTP the content of the XBMC folder over in its place.
( some files won’t delete like fonts as they are being used at that time, but you can overwrite them if promoted )

That script won’t work as well the T3CH builds and site no longer exist.
Download Xbox Softmodding Tool & Extras Disc
XBMC4Kids Mod

Xbox Gamertag = Connxtion
PSN ID = JCRocky5
Thebigorange

Post by Thebigorange »

i seem to be having trouble ftping using file zilla this is my first time using this software would you happen to have a link or information on how to properly get one up and running and connected to the xbox. i see lots of blogs on softmodded xboxes but non for hard mods
Coldly-Indifferent

Post by Coldly-Indifferent »

Problems with FPTing are often encountered, for instance I had little trouble using a static IP and direct PC to Xbox (cross-over cable) when using a WinXP laptop. With Win7 I spent some time trying to get it to work using exactly the same method/setting etc but it refused to connect whatever I did.

I swapped the Xbox to DHCP, connecting via my router, which utterly refused to work with WinXP, and within 3O seconds I was FTPing using FileZilla like there was no tomorrow. :)

You may need to to go into XBMC > Network settings and check how it is set up. If it is set to Static swap it to DHCP turn the Xbox off, connect it up via your router and turn the Xbox back on to see if that get things working. You should see an IP address has been allocated in the XBMC Network settings. Use that along with the password and user name in FileZilla (both should be "xbox" unless somebody has changed it) and port 21. Click FileZilla's Quick Connect button and, fingers crossed, it will.
Thebigorange

Post by Thebigorange »

So you guys have been super helpful unfortunately while trying to delete files on the hard drive it froze up on me and was stuck on the blue Xbox screen so I decided to take a look under the hood this is what I found wondering if somebody could recognize that mod chip ImageImageImage

Xphazer

Post by Xphazer »

Looks like an xecuter 2.6, not the CE version.
Thebigorange

Post by Thebigorange »

Xphazer wrote:Looks like an xecuter 2.6, not the CE version.
ImageImageImage

With the chip switched off I get the 21 error but with the chip switched on I get the evo x dash and it freezes there I guess my question is how do I get the Xbox back to a playable state seeing iv lost the ability to ftp or mess with the hard drive

hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Thebigorange wrote:
Xphazer wrote:Looks like an xecuter 2.6, not the CE version.
ImageImageImage

With the chip switched off I get the 21 error but with the chip switched on I get the evo x dash and it freezes there I guess my question is how do I get the Xbox back to a playable state seeing iv lost the ability to ftp or mess with the hard drive

Will Hexen or something like that boot ? Have you tried that .

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Coldly-Indifferent

Any installer disc should cold boot (DVD-R/ImgBurn).

Error 21 is a general error you get particularly when a dash won't boot for whatever reason. I think it is what you would get if you turn the chip off and the HDD is unlocked which with a new HDD, of course, will be the case. Either that or the dash has been stuffed in some way. From what you've said I'd tend towards the latter.

It could also be a BIOS issue, in which case you need better advice than I can provide.

However with a fully working chip you should be able to put in any unlocked HDD then cold boot an installer disc like HeXEn or AID, and it will walk you through the formatting (which should clear any existing dash installation) and a new dash install.

Just make sure you use the chipped Xbox dash install options.
Thebigorange

Post by Thebigorange »

Coldly-Indifferent wrote:Any installer disc should cold boot (DVD-R/ImgBurn).

Error 21 is a general error you get particularly when a dash won't boot for whatever reason. I think it is what you would get if you turn the chip off and the HDD is unlocked which with a new HDD, of course, will be the case. Either that or the dash has been stuffed in some way. From what you've said I'd tend towards the latter.

It could also be a BIOS issue, in which case you need better advice than I can provide.

However with a fully working chip you should be able to put in any unlocked HDD then cold boot an installer disc like HeXEn or AID, and it will walk you through the formatting (which should clear any existing dash installation) and a new dash install.

Just make sure you use the chipped Xbox dash install options.

Thanks for this information would you happen to have a tutorial link or maybe even a link to the file I'll have to burn to the DVD to put in the Xbox

Coldly-Indifferent

Google HeXEn 2017 (Heimdall's Xbox Engineering disc) or Auto Installer Deluxe 4.53 and you should still find both very easily.

The media you burn it to must be DVD-R as it is the only type compatible across the whole range of Xbox disc drive makes. ImgBurn is recommended simply because it's one of the best free burning burning programs. More importantly its "Write image files to disc" option ie. burning an (X)ISO is known to produce Xbox discs that work just by leaving it at its default settings.
Thebigorange

Post by Thebigorange »

Thanks for the help everyone I think this will really help people like me who how no experience with the modded Xbox scene ImageImage

matsadler

Post by matsadler »

Thank's a lot! I will try to update it.
I bet you had no idea that there is a possibility of playing funky fruits slot games. It's possible there. Everyone can log in and play them from the start. Ain't it great?